All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing. I never would have guessed this thread would spawn an actual translation! This makes me so excited I can only explain my excitement with this picture.
biggrin.gif

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I could test it on a scds2 if needed. i can't test for translation and stuff, but I can test if everything works. nice to see that there is some progress
biggrin.gif

ChrisTheEmpoleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to be a tester as well. I have a DSTWO, but a friend of mine has an original R4 with Wood that I can use as well.

Good luck, you guys, I'd love to see this (as well as maybe its sequel) translated.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
I could test it on a scds2 if needed. i can't test for translation and stuff, but I can test if everything works. nice to see that there is some progress
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ChrisTheEmpoleon @ Aug 4 2011, 03:48 PM) I'd love to be a tester as well. I have a DSTWO, but a friend of mine has an original R4 with Wood that I can use as well.

Good luck, you guys, I'd love to see this (as well as maybe its sequel) translated.

Let them finish the translation before you start asking to be a tester. I mean, some of the translators might even be testing the game as they go and the game might not even need testers for the carts you own.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
Yeah
biggrin.gif
I was just offering. I meant to test it when it is finished
biggrin.gif
Yes, but at this state in the translating process it would be a lot better to wait until the translators/hackers ask for testers, since your offer might be lost in a page or two.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nagato said:
So I started working on the limited text problem a bit more. Turns out the cause of the problem is a hardware restriction, meaning that I will never be able to fix it unless I wanted to rewrite a good bit of stuff to avoid hitting the restriction. The limitation in particular is the OAM entry limit so there's only 128 possible objects at a time per screen. That can be confirmed to be the problem by checking out the OAM tab in the Vram viewer of no$gba. If there's anyone around who's had to deal with this problem in another game and was able to solve it I'd be interested in hearing how you did it.

Splitting the lines will probably be best done manually with warnings during assembly when a line is too big.

Meh.

Only way to work around that is to say hardcode the maximum displayable sprites (those that makeup the box) then draw a vwf directly to oam. I can probably help with the vwf stuff but I really dislike working how where to modify the oam entries (atleast in the gba/nds games i've worked on they tend to be annoying to rework).

Is this limit for the 16x16 font?

Ryusui

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
watercrown.info
XP
Country
United States
Talk to Tomato and company. Mother 3 used to have a hardcoded limit of 40 characters per dialogue box. They fixed that reeeeeal good. :3

EDIT: On a further note: take a look at BoF1 and 2 for GBA. Both games use the "sane" OAM approach; that is, sprite "canvases" rather than using a single sprite for each character.

At any rate, the "hard route" is probably well worth the extra effort.

G-Han

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks good, Nagato. Really promising!

Currently, I'm not at home so I don't have access to my wordtank, so I started translating the kanji-less RPG texts. For now, it doesn't seem like Nagato has to widen the box in which the text appears, as I've managed (with some difficulty) to fit everything within the limit of 18 characters per line. I estimated the amount by using this screenshot:
1J1zG.jpg

G-Han

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkShinigami said:
what exactly is Nanashi no Game? i never heard of it it could be a game i'd be interested in when the translations done(no im not rushing)
Have you seen the Japanese horror film 'Ringu/The Ring'? It's about the same, but with a video game instead of a video. That's the best description, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY