Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jun 28, 2011.
I thought it was a first-person horror adventure/RPG hybrid.
Somewhat, yes. It's difficult the determine an exact genre these days.
thanks it might be a game id like(though i like EVERY genre besides sports)
Warning: Spoilers inside!
The biggest thing that I really want to get through is to just not worry about text or line limits. The assembler will be able to do it better unless you are testing it in-game.
There's some commands that can be placed in the scripts to set the parsing mode. This part isn't important for the translators but they will show up in the final scripts so it's worth documenting:
Place "RPGMODE" at the top of RPG scripts (map_*_* files) to properly parse the RPG scripts.
Place "NVLMODE" at the top of the novel scripts (mev_0000, mev_*010) to properly parse novel scripts.
If the file has no mode command it will be parsed as a normal textbox like when you get to the movement tutorial.
That also reminds me, if you want to test in-game, you'll need to recopy the fonts so update and you should download some new font files. Then run "#step3-copyfonts.bat".
I haven't actually looked at this game yet but if it works the way I imagine it is possible to rewrite it to do a proper VWF using sprite canvas'
EDIT: I'm on assembla as normmatt
Alright, added. I'm looking forward to the addition so I can learn from it. I'm not sure how much I can help but let me know if you need something. I have a few of the related functions sorta documented. In particular the one that looks interesting would be at 02011294 which seems to store the information about the characters (which character, offsets, that kind of stuff). 020349B4 also displays stuff. It checks the if the position is in screen boundaries and then gets the glyph information from the NCER file starting at 02034BDC.
I'm sorry I haven't been able to contribute anything yet...kinda swamped on my end.
I hope I'll at least have a chance to go over the script. The screens look good, but the dialogue could use a little polish. ;
Translated some portions of the RPG (map_1 and map_2). The second one (map_2_a) is incredibly context dependent, so it needs extra attention when the translation is being checked.
Hooray! We're becoming ever closer to having a fully playable English version of this game.
Maybe a stupid question, but i don't know if anyone would want Chinese version of Nanashi no Game and Sigma...
And seems like most people here don't know how different Chinese and Japanese are.. So I'm gonna tell you they are two totally different languages with no similarity at all at pronounciation and spelling and phonetic symbols. Of course you can point out there're same words in both languages, but they have totally different meanings that I can't understand just by its look. The only thing alike is grammar.
P.S.: Am i the first Chinese tourist in this forum?
Edit: I have taken part in a English to Chinese translation project in China, the community we built have more than 30 members, but we still remain unseen because there are too many translation teams in China. Now I find it awkward to see though we can translate English into Chinese, we can't do it reversely. Otherwise things may could go easier...
You should do translations that you feel like doing. You shouldn't do them at the behest of others... imo. It is your time, spend it how you want. If you want to make a Chinese translation of X, then do it.
With Chinese being even more compact than Japanese, and English generally having to lose information when translating Japanese within the same space, it would be a real shame for you to end up with a Japanese -> English -> Chinese translation missing out on details that you could otherwise fit in.
Yeah, that's right. I forgot about that.
Bump for great justice.
Wow, I'm surprised that this game is actually getting some progress.
I always wanted to play this.
And people said this game was unhackable. Thanks a lot for this, guys, can't wait to play the game in english.
Six words: Ditto.
Those of you waiting for this game will be pleased to hear that 80% of the files are now translated. This is not an indication that 80% of the text is translated, as the file sizes vary wildly from one line of text to multiple pages, but it’s great progress nonetheless.
The entire in-game game is translated. The 18-character limit on each line was tough, but I think the text is in good shape. It’s definitely much more than a quick and dirty job. I hope players can enjoy it and forget that it’s a fan translation, not a professional product.
And for the few parts where the text has been written in a way that sounds awkward in order to fit… Well, let’s call it retro authenticity!
I feel like I've been ignored every time I've said this.
There is no limit on the RPG text unless you want it to fit on 1 page only without having to press a button to get more text. You can put as much text as you want and it will properly wordwrap and create as many pages as needed to display the line. There is no need to restrict yourself there unless you *really* want to.
Anyway, an update on my end: I decided to get started on Nanashi no Game Me. I've got most of the disassembler done so far. I'm still testing it and making sure I have all of the commands that use labels tagged but the scripts disassemble properly and everything. I haven't had a chance to finish the game yet (currently half way) but from what I've seen, they've replaced all of the novel mode sections with plain text boxes so none of the problems I can think of from Nanashi no Game will be in Nanashi no Game Me.
Great to see so much progress going on. Thanks for your effort, I really wanted to play this game and now it seems like I finally can.