Nanashi no Game

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Nagato

Nagato GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Happy Halloween everyone.

Alright, so toward the beginning of this year I started working on a translation project for Nanashi no Game Me with me as the hacker and translator, and my friend helping me along the way as needed. Various people have gotten on my ass about actually translating something on my own so I figured why not give it a go. However, due to lack of motivation, school, trip to Japan, friend getting a job so he can't work on projects much anymore, etc, I've pretty much given up hope on completing this myself. I really liked what summvs did with the first game so I emailed him back in June to see if he'd be interested in working on the sequel as well, but he used a throwaway email back then and it seems he's stopped checking it.

I'm looking for someone who has the ability and time to work on the project as the main translator. I'm willing to help with the translator but I would prefer to hand off the trickier scripts and the main story scripts to someone else. There are roughly 402 scripts in the game. Most of them are small 1-4 line scripts. There are 17 main story scripts. The biggest one, ev_d4_1_0011, is 176 text commands (including the separate lines for name tags) in total. The main story scripts are a total of less than text commands.

The game is roughly translated up to the start of day 4. It's up to whoever if they want to start from scratch or work with the existing translated scripts. I have no particular attachment to the old translation so my feeling won't be hurt if they're scrapped. :P

I'm going to be really picky about who I choose for translator.
    - Anyone who needs something like Google translation will automatically be out.
    - I'd like to keep terminology consistent, so someone familiar with summvs's translation of the first game is preferred.
    - Intermediate computer skills or at the very least basic knowledge of how to use SVN is preferred but not required.
    - Familiarity with the series is strongly preferred. Must have cleared or willing to clear both games.
    - Must pass a test of sorts. See spoiler below.

Here's the application. PM me your replies instead of posting in this thread.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Now the goods/teasers for everyone else. I reused as much of the graphics from the first translation as I could. Ryusui said he still had the PSDs last time I contacted him a few months ago so it should be possible to work out the rest of the graphics that aren't covered already. Nothing is finalized in the following screenshots.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    awesome! looking forward to this game, good luck nagato!

3. Shinintendo

Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

Sep 10, 2009
    Iceland
    I think you should open a new thread for it...most people will ignore the bumped post.

4. Nagato

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    I considered it but I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up with a new thread. I'll consider making a new thread after I finish studying.

Phoenix Goddess likes this.
  5. snapman

snapman Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2011
    United States
    Yes, I did have this image ready in case this thread ever woke up again. ;)
    [​IMG]

Nagato likes this.
  6. Nagato

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Thanks for the edited title screen. If this project ever starts back up then I'll see about including it. :)

snapman likes this.
  7. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    MY GOD

Let me see if I can't contact summvs for you, Nagato! I never had their email, but I've had some luck in finding people when I really try.

Edit: Well, I tried all the sites I can think of. That was pretty much a no-go. Think there's a chance he didn't turn off email alerts for PMs? I PM'd him just in case he does...

Edit 2: We really need a new thread for this, considering Nanashi no Game and Nanashi no Game Me are two different games, just in the same series....

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Hi nagato,
    I just played and completed the first one this month (better late than never), thanks for all the work your did on it :)

Sorry I don't have any translation capability to help you.
    I wish you good luck to find someone who will be able to help with the second game.