[Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TheStoneBanana, Aug 31, 2016.

1. xJoelituh

xJoelituh GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2016
    Spain
    But they changed the way you obtain the event, that's why it is available now, I know that they never released before, and they said you can obtain it now.

Probably to make them available for everyone now?

Last edited by xJoelituh, Jan 28, 2018
    THYPLEX likes this.
  2. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Good to know , thanks

3. rbedsole

rbedsole Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    How do you patch a rom with the patches found in GS?

4. DudFunk

DudFunk Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Hello peoples, I am attempting to patch Pokemon Perfect crystal with these wireless patches however I have come across a bug where I can no longer receive exp, does anybody have any other methods to apply these patches or maybe know a better way to modify the official Crystal.cia with the Perfect Crystal.ips?

EDIT: Upon further testing linking does not actually work, you can select a partner etc however when the player enters the room the game is stuck at the "Please wait!" screen.

EDIT: Managed to fix this, I didn't realize I had extracted a rom made by Traiver, extracting the official eshop version gave me no issues

Last edited by DudFunk, Mar 30, 2019
  5. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    Can this code be inserted into other roms? I'd be very excited to get the link feature working in Super Mario Bros Deluxe

6. CeeDee

CeeDee Doing The Best I Can

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    In theory, I believe it'd be possible. Not sure if it's been done yet, though.

7. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    The vs mode option is located on the main menu, I'm not a coder, but gameboy code is fairly basic and the multiplayer feature isn't too deeply hidden, if I could get the line of code to prompt the link menu, it could be pasted to execute when the versus mode is selected. Do I sound like a caveman? :tpi: I wanted to learn C++ when I was a teenager but it couldn't hold my interest. I've used python and edited code in notepad before, I'm willing to slug it out if I could get a little direction.

Started following the instructions in the beginning of the thread but the link to downloading the patch is down.

8. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2012
    AFAIK you need to get the correct ram offsets which is mostly done by using an emulator or dumping the ram of the injected gbc rom

9. ToxicXender

ToxicXender Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2019
    Ireland
    Teh Void
    Does anyone still have these patches? it would be very great if you do since the link to download them is broken

Retro_Mod_Gamer likes this.
  10. Halfshadow

Halfshadow Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2012
    Italy
    Hello. I'm the G/S/C 2.0 hacker, I'm trying to create CIAS with my hack roms and I want to have also the linked features. I'm using the italian roms and I see you don't have the italian versions, the english version could however works but with english texts for the linked VC texts?

But however the download link doesn't work, is offline... And I'll need also of a Pokémon Blue wireless patch 'cause I made also a hack also for Blue to make it italian Green. Can you help me please? :)

Last edited by Halfshadow, Jul 4, 2019
  11. JakXLT

JakXLT Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United States
    FileTrip is gone. Does anyone have a mirror?