1. xJoelituh

xJoelituh GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    But they changed the way you obtain the event, that's why it is available now, I know that they never released before, and they said you can obtain it now.

Probably to make them available for everyone now?

Last edited by xJoelituh, Jan 28, 2018
    THYPLEX likes this.
  2. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    Good to know , thanks

3. rbedsole

rbedsole Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How do you patch a rom with the patches found in GS?

4. DudFunk

DudFunk Member
    Newcomer

Hello peoples, I am attempting to patch Pokemon Perfect crystal with these wireless patches however I have come across a bug where I can no longer receive exp, does anybody have any other methods to apply these patches or maybe know a better way to modify the official Crystal.cia with the Perfect Crystal.ips?

EDIT: Upon further testing linking does not actually work, you can select a partner etc however when the player enters the room the game is stuck at the "Please wait!" screen.

EDIT: Managed to fix this, I didn't realize I had extracted a rom made by Traiver, extracting the official eshop version gave me no issues

Last edited by DudFunk, Mar 30, 2019
  5. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Can this code be inserted into other roms? I'd be very excited to get the link feature working in Super Mario Bros Deluxe

6. CeeDee

CeeDee Wow! Wow, wow, wow!

United States
    In theory, I believe it'd be possible. Not sure if it's been done yet, though.

7. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The vs mode option is located on the main menu, I'm not a coder, but gameboy code is fairly basic and the multiplayer feature isn't too deeply hidden, if I could get the line of code to prompt the link menu, it could be pasted to execute when the versus mode is selected. Do I sound like a caveman? :tpi: I wanted to learn C++ when I was a teenager but it couldn't hold my interest. I've used python and edited code in notepad before, I'm willing to slug it out if I could get a little direction.

Started following the instructions in the beginning of the thread but the link to downloading the patch is down.

8. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Fan

AFAIK you need to get the correct ram offsets which is mostly done by using an emulator or dumping the ram of the injected gbc rom

9. ToxicXender

ToxicXender Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Does anyone still have these patches? it would be very great if you do since the link to download them is broken

Retro_Mod_Gamer likes this.
  10. Halfshadow

Halfshadow Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello. I'm the G/S/C 2.0 hacker, I'm trying to create CIAS with my hack roms and I want to have also the linked features. I'm using the italian roms and I see you don't have the italian versions, the english version could however works but with english texts for the linked VC texts?

But however the download link doesn't work, is offline... And I'll need also of a Pokémon Blue wireless patch 'cause I made also a hack also for Blue to make it italian Green. Can you help me please? :)

Last edited by Halfshadow, Jul 4, 2019
  11. JakXLT

JakXLT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    FileTrip is gone. Does anyone have a mirror?

igdegoo and Retro_Mod_Gamer like this.
  12. tedwards75

tedwards75 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I noticed there's 2 patch files in that folder. One ends in "837" and the other ends in "734". Which one do I use to patch a USA V1.1 Crystal rom? I figured you aren't supposed to use both patches

13. CeeDee

CeeDee Wow! Wow, wow, wow!

United States
    Are you just trying to patch them to a general Game Boy ROM, or the 3DS Virtual Console version?

If 3DS, the official Virtual Console release of Pokemon Crystal already supports the GS Ball.

14. mOSU_

mOSU_ Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello.
    Unfortunately, FileTrip has been shut down due to lack of funding. However, the Pokémon patch files you have uploaded were previously hosted there. Is there any possibility that you could upload them somewhere else?
    Thank you,
    mOSU_

15. MaiconErick

MaiconErick GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hey, here are the patches.
    I tested gold and it's working ok.

Attached Files:

16. PsychicPersona

Newcomer

Germany
    Arrrgh, I needed the german wireless patches for RBY! Rip FileTrip. Can someone post them here, please?

17. MaiconErick

MaiconErick GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    @PsychicPersona here are all the patches for RBY and GSC. Extracted from the official cias, I just added which game and language it is to the filename.

Attached Files:

hug0-a7x likes this.
  18. PsychicPersona

Newcomer

Germany
    thanks, you're a good man

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Wireless, Pokemon