ROM Hack Pokemon Shuffle Preservation Mod v1.1

LeumasPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The process is really complicated and annoying, and to an extent which I've struggled to explain, as the one time I tried, I got the process wrong. Its something to do with blanking out certain data near the beginning of the save file.
I managed to successfully re-enable Special stages by making lines 00 through B0 match those lines in the provided save file.
PXL_20231203_174004978.jpg
17016256822265767897602354650602.jpg

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With the hex edit, I managed to load my save with Special events enabled on Citra and my other 3DS

Amazing

CetraMalva

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well i have a Pokémon Shuffle cia file that I ripped from my 3DS using Godmode9 that works with the patch. What i did was to built the cia file using standard method and then when it was finished I then verify the file. Maybe the reason why the patch doesn't apply is because the game wasn't verify after you built it. If people still has issues with the cia file then I'll publish my cia file that does work
At this point I'm desperated (I even had a friend trying to help with his own 3DS and Godmode during a few hours and couldn't make it work) so if you (or anyone else) can help me that way I have my DM ready. No need to publish it here if you don't want to.

AntiSemanti

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! Whenever i try to use the provided save, i'm getting a popup saying that the save is corrupted, and i have no idea how to fix it. I tried redownloading and even checked the github from a few messages ago here, but no luck.

update: fixed it! misunderstood instructions surrounding that somehow, but its sorted now! (I was using modmoon, which doesnt work)

Last edited by AntiSemanti,

AntiSemanti

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would it be possible to make the "login reward" pokemon such as costume pikachus available? If nothing else, you could make them special stages that dont cost hearts or something.

Reactions: LeumasPlays

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to make the "login reward" pokemon such as costume pikachus available? If nothing else, you could make them special stages that dont cost hearts or something.
I've been meaning to do it for nearly a year now, unfortunately I'm just not motivated to do it at this moment. That is my plan for them though, I'm fairly certain I know how to do it.

Reactions: AntiSemanti

Boblers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to play stages 641+? Why does this mod require version 1.5.0 instead of the latest one?
(not OP, but I'll answer this as best I can)
Yes, stages 641-700 (and UX 1-700, etc) are playable with the mod.

1.x.0 versions of Pokemon Shuffle (such as 1.5.0) are downloaded from the eShop, and effectively act as the "base game".
In-between versions like 1.5.1 to 1.5.11 are instead downloaded as "extra data". This also means that deleting your extra data effectively downgrades you to the base game, 1.5.0.

Shuffle's extra data has tamper-protection, so it can't be edited directly. This means, for example, that you can't edit an event competitive stage to be single-player.
However, the base game can be edited no problem.

So what the mod does, is it edits the base game to have all of the stuff from extra data built into it. This also allows for editing the stages themselves, which extra data normally wouldn't allow you to do.
You therefore no longer need the extra data (and keeping the extra data would just confuse the game, as extra tries to override the base). So you delete the extra data, putting you on version 1.5.0.

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
(not OP, but I'll answer this as best I can)
Yes, stages 641-700 (and UX 1-700, etc) are playable with the mod.

1.x.0 versions of Pokemon Shuffle (such as 1.5.0) are downloaded from the eShop, and effectively act as the "base game".
In-between versions like 1.5.1 to 1.5.11 are instead downloaded as "extra data". This also means that deleting your extra data effectively downgrades you to the base game, 1.5.0.

Shuffle's extra data has tamper-protection, so it can't be edited directly. This means, for example, that you can't edit an event competitive stage to be single-player.
However, the base game can be edited no problem.

So what the mod does, is it edits the base game to have all of the stuff from extra data built into it. This also allows for editing the stages themselves, which extra data normally wouldn't allow you to do.
You therefore no longer need the extra data (and keeping the extra data would just confuse the game, as extra tries to override the base). So you delete the extra data, putting you on version 1.5.0.
I couldn't get it to work with the Extra Data included, because the game kept telling me I was using an out of date version and pestering me to update.

I also tried the hex editor approach with another extract of the game, but Special Stages still won't turn up.

Note: I only ever tried with the save in the zip and not my own saves.

Last edited by Takeshi55,

guisccp28

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I realized that I was playing with my 3ds with the year 2023 and I changed the date to 2024 and the special stages disappeared, I would like to know how to solve this if possible.

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I realized that I was playing with my 3ds with the year 2023 and I changed the date to 2024 and the special stages disappeared, I would like to know how to solve this if possible.
Because the 3DS stops all daily events in games if you tinker with the clock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?