Misc Accessing Twilight Menu's 'saves' folder via Flashcard's kernel or accessing per-ROM saves via Twilight Menu.

BirdWatcher69420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
In my particular example, the Flashcard in use is r4isdhc.hk 2023 that runs Ace3DS+ R4iLS Wood R4 1.62, from which I manually boot up Twilight Menu when I need nds-bootstrap.

Since Twilight Menu uses a dedicated 'saves' folder (Let's assume I keep all my ROMs in one folder, so the 'saves' one is affixed & stores all my saves), I have to move all of my .sav files from where the ROMs are at to the aforementioned dedicated folder, what makes it impossible to conveniently boot ROMs via Flashcard's kernel.

As known, one can move ROMs to different folders, and Flashcart's kernel should be able to boot them and assign a save per ROM to a respective folder where ROM is located, thus I think it has the possibility to access a different folder.
The question is, is there a way to make Twilight Menu access saves from the folder where the ROM is placed OR a way to make Flashcard's kernel look for a respective .sav in the 'saves' folder?

The only workaround I could imagine is to keep ROMs in the 'saves' folder to make .sav accessible by Flashcard's kernel AND have all the same ROMs placed elsewhere for Twilight Menu to make use of them.

image.png

Wokann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
However, if you keep ROMs in the 'saves' folder and boot in twilightmenu++ , twilightmenu++ will create a new 'saves' folder in this path like this:
.\rom.nds
.\save\romfiles.sav

.\save\rom.nds
.\save\save\romfiles.sav
Maybe you can check the source code of nds-bootstrap in github, and edit the save path, then recomplie it to replace nds-bootstrap in your flashcart. To make save file saved to the respective folder where ROM is located.

BirdWatcher69420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
... keep ROMs in the 'saves' folder and boot in twilightmenu++
I boot ROMs that I've put in the saves folder via flashcard's menu, and I boot ROMs I've put in the folder before saves with TM++, doubles the size taken by ROMs, but works as intended without creating separate folders thankfully. The only downsides are aforementioned doubled capacity needed and inability to sort ROMs by folder.

Regarding tinkering with nds-bootstrap's source code, - I can't due to my limited knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I download very few songs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It takes me 3 hours every week to cut my grass, and I have to have music playing, not to mention the noise canceling earbuds, so I don't have to hear that lawnmower noise. I do play iHeart radio often also when get board of my music.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, that maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch...