1. RossMcG

RossMcG Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies guys, I spent ages with this between moving stuff back and fro, renaming images (used a bulk renamer but will need to now filter out the ones that dont match the roms, there has to be an easier way).

The issue was me , woops, first and potentially most important lesson learned Always double check you are editing the correct ini file by cross checking the magic number woops what a total fruitcake I am !

Thanks again.

2. Foxfire

Foxfire Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @Danimalzpwn3 , after 6 weeks of COVID quarantine Wii hacking and struggling to get WiiFlow (or USB Loader) USB1 Wii games to play without freezing, I finally came across Wiiflow Lite a few days ago. I was delighted to see a current date in GitHub!!!
    My problem is, I still can't get Wii roms to play without freezing even with Wiiflow Lite (I've downloaded many emulators also and most work in Homebrew and not WiiFlow but I'll deal with those later). I've been installing so many iOS versions and wad files following posts and YT vids dating from early 2000's on, I may have gummed everything up.

I am wondering...
    1. Aside from "you already need a letterbomb hacked Wii", do you have a recommended setup... such as "use this ios in 249 base 56 and this one 250 base 57"?
    2. After a month and a half of Frankensteining my Wii, do you think I should be trying to wipe this thing back to "normal" and starting over? Is there even a way to uninstall hacks installed in locations other than 249 and 250?
    I've been constantly downloading Wii wbfs files so my library is growing. I just can't get them to play without freezing and requiring a hard Wii restart.

NOTE: I did leave a this question for fledge68 but it doesn't look like he's been on his Wiiflow Lite gbatemp thread since 2016 where you were at least on here as recently as Nov 2019. I have high hopes one of you can help me get this working finally. I'm neck deep now and would love to put the Wii back in our living room ;~)

3. tommy1981

tommy1981 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What fold should I put the gba, gb, & gbc roms in? There are several .Ini's in the wiiflow folder. vgabx.ini, vgabx gb.ini, vgabx gbc.ini.

Which one should I modify for my roms? Thank you

4. RossMcG

RossMcG Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    @tommy1981 I am very new to this and had the same issue (different emulator). How I ensured i was editing the correct ini file was to open up the following ini file (have added my location path, your may differ depending on theme used etc, but should give a good idea of where your looking)
    SD - wiiflow - > Source_Menu - > Rhapsodii Shima - > handheld.ini

[BUTTON_2]
    autoboot=
    cat_page=1
    category=0
    image=Game_Boy_Advance.png
    image_s=Game_Boy_Advance.png
    magic=56424188
    source=plugin
    title=Game Boy Advance

I suggest using notepad++ to edit this file (you can open multiple ini files with this and each will be in its own tab so easy to view side by side). Take a note of the magic number listed. Now open vgabx ini files one by one and the one with the maching magic number is the ini file you are editing.

[PLUGIN]
    displayname=VbaGX GBA
    magic=56424188
    coverfolder=vbagxgba
    dolfile=vbagx-mod13.dol
    romdir=vbagx/roms/Game Boy Advance.roms
    filetypes=.gba
    consolecoverid=nintendo
    covercolor=fcff00
    bannersound=GBA.ogg
    arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

For me the ini file in question is vbagx_gba.ini so perhaps start there.

Hope that helps as I got stumped with the same issue.

tommy1981 likes this.
  5. gonefishing1975

gonefishing1975 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hey

I have a question. My Wiiflow setup running Rhapsodii Shima 5.4 via USB 32 gig fat32 drive the consoles menu doesn't show the systems in the order i setup in my console.ini file. They are not in the order I want. Yet on my sd card setup same exact console.ini it displays correctly. What can I be missing?

Thanks

6. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Keep B pressed and then press + on the wiimote to sort them by button number, instead of alphabetically.

7. gonefishing1975

gonefishing1975 GBAtemp Regular

Canada

You are the man thanks

Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  8. boomin10

boomin10 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    My Wiiflow won't even start up. It goes to the logo and after 1 min it will put me back in the homebrew menu. Anyone know how to fix?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My wiiflow does not start after loading from the homebrew menu. It will start and stay at the wiiflow logo for around 1 min then go back to the homebrew menu. Anyone know a fix?

9. moses_373

moses_373 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I ran the wiiflow channel installer app from the homebrew channel to fix this problem. It may work for you.

Last edited by moses_373, Jun 16, 2020
  10. xiWooshi

xiWooshi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So, whenever I open wiiflow and try to load Roms from my SD Card, nothing shows up, even though i have the partitions set to my SD, any help?

11. Juju42

Juju42 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hi!
    First, thank you for this great tutorial.

After many working days on this, wiiflow is working well, emulator also.
    I just have a problem with the nes and snes covers. I can't display it.
    It's working fine with Megadrive covers.( I have download from the link in your description).
    There is no download any more for nes and snes ,so i use front covers I have previously. it's just a simple front cover. I have remane it with the same rom name and put in boxcover folder. I delete the cache and check the location name in the .init.
    Did there is specific size or format for covers?
    Did somebody have snes/nes covers pack to share?
    Thanks

12. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    jeannotte likes this.
  13. Juju42

Juju42 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Thank you testuo,
    I have try with your cover full, it works well!

jeannotte and Tetsuo Shima like this.
  14. gazte11

gazte11 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I can't rename Neogeomod and mame games into custom_titles.ini
    for example I put for Arcade

[6d616d41] MAMEbbmanw=Bomber Man World

but I still see in wiiflow bbmanw.zip

It happens the same with Neogeomod

[464E491F] NEOGEOMODmslug=Metal Slugmslug2=Metal Slug 2

15. Shibva

Shibva Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When I try to download cheat codes it just says there's an error and.. doesn't.

16. jwrmo1966

jwrmo1966 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi I have followed the tutorial to the letter but when I open wiiflow all looks good but when I open a menu I have no icons for each system. For instance when I open the wii menu I should see icons for the wii and icons for the gamecube. I dont see them all I have is a black bar. I am using the hyperspin style theme. Please help.

17. jwrmo1966

jwrmo1966 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just a heads up here my issues are fixed thanks to the optimized theme by Matt.

18. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Yes, the theme included in this pack is old and not optimized. It might cause such memory issues, expecially if using a lot of covers / backgrounds / snapshots. I think it should be noted

19. jwrmo1966

jwrmo1966 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you much for your response it is best to use the optimized theme that Matt has posted,

20. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Or you can also use the original Rhapsodii Shima

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tutorial, WiiFlow, Setup