temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nobody knows...
btw, anything from this site can be found also here
https://github.com/BASLQC/vnds/wiki

Interesting thing, there was Clannad ongoing project 44% but links are not active
https://web.archive.org/web/2015011...80/vndswiki/index.php?title=Category:Projects
I wonder if there is anyone who have these ported Clannad files somewhere?
--------
let's investigate...

- i found this screenshot on some blog entry Clannad v0.10 was released
1259891378020.png

Last edited by plasturion,

Zoltan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ehh, Clannad on ds would be awesome. Btw, on piratebay there is a torrent called "Visual novels for android", it contains VNDS versions too.

Last edited by Zoltan,
Reactions: plasturion

Toaster Mage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As summarized in the topic of the #vnds irc channel: DH IS DEAD VNDS IS OVER time to go home

The website is down because I was leeching off a friend's hosting and he decided to stop paying for it.
I then figured vnds was dead so I wouldn't need to put the website back up as no one would notice it was dead.

I dont think I even have the files for anything anymore to remake the site even if I wanted to.

all that remains of vnds officially is a brief mention of it on my new, totally devoid of content site

Last edited by Toaster Mage,
Reactions: Subötaï

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for making this homebrew. DH is dead but VNDS still very popular here and gave us great fun. PS are you sure there no hope for any demo clannad chapter even as a demo or utility files? If not I promise to make a novel about missing Clannad.tar.gz ;)

Zoltan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
As summarized in the topic of the #vnds irc channel: DH IS DEAD VNDS IS OVER time to go home

The website is down because I was leeching off a friend's hosting and he decided to stop paying for it.
I then figured vnds was dead so I wouldn't need to put the website back up as no one would notice it was dead.

I dont think I even have the files for anything anymore to remake the site even if I wanted to.

all that remains of vnds officially is a brief mention of it on my new, totally devoid of content site[/QUOT
I’m sorry, but we ain’t going home, VNDS is still great! It’s literally one of the best hombrews ever made, of course it’s sad that you abandoned it.

Toaster Mage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was abandoned because it died. The irc channel has been inactive for years. the forums even moreso.

I will admit I toyed around with the idea of making a 3ds version but I didn't want to buy a 3ds and the one I took from my roommate was busted.

Last edited by Toaster Mage,

Zoltan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
it was abandoned because it died. The irc channel has been inactive for years. the forums even moreso.

I will admit I toyed around with the idea of making a 3ds version but I didn't want to buy a 3ds and the one I took from my roommate was busted.
3DS version is fatality. If only we had one.

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Isn't vn3ds already using the same commands like in vnds?
I see VNDS as new standard for mobile devices and has quite big library of novels, wich are not available now.
Ok, I agree we shouldn't ask about commercial visual novel on this board, but Narcissu was freeware, someone put a lot of work, and now is gone.
With vnds we recived something prior and nice. With limited image quality you left a little space for your imagination.
I know we have now android devices and now we can use the same scrpit with higher quality images and sound, but for me better reception is on ds.
Only thing I would like to see improved in vnds is clear font, ds pixel are huge so I would like to compare without blurr.
But anyway vnds homebrew is awesome as it is.
-------
Ok, I looked into Narcissu 2nd pack for android and modified graphics(crop + resize), tried and Narcissu 1st works fine on DS(yes, this pack contain both parts), Agilis translation everything goes ok just for now but without sound i guess i have to download and convert.
-------
As far I noticed mp3 files don't have to be converted. 128kb/s and 160kb/s sounds ok in vnds. However sound effects stored as ogg can't be used. They are playable in moonshell but in vnds we can hear only scratches. Now I wonder what are requirements for typical music format for DS version of vnds? (background music, sound effect) How to convert?
-------
summary
porting VNDS android compatible format to DS is quite easy, but require a little work.
all hi-res graphic multiple files we can resize in infranview batch processing.
however front graphic have to be repositioned in script files.
about background music.. maybe i'm wrong but for mp3 i guess 44khz sound with high bitrate consume much cpu and sounds like 22khz(yes sounds worse than we can hear in moonshell). Sometimes I noticed skip or desynchro left and right channel. Other DS novels i checked have 22-32khz 64-92kb/s. Tried some and didn't noticed anything like that.
Sound effects as documentation says should be 22khz with 1 channel. Format is not spiecified so im not sure, it could be one of wav, mp3, ogg or aac. Maybe conversion ogg to aac is needed, tell the true i don't know and don't care.
Tool to file conversion - audacity seems ok, but i didn't find batch for more amount of files.

Last edited by plasturion,
Reactions: Zoltan

Defaultplayer001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those interested I managed to track down a user who had a copy of the Clannad VNDS port!

Not letting me post a link cause I'm new but check out /r/AndroidVisualNovels on reddit, one of the tops posts there! If not just search the sub for "clannad"

Thanks plasturion for mentioning the port and providing links / images, or I never woulda known about it!

Sent an email to the owner of the VNDS archive linked on the git.

Last edited by Defaultplayer001,
Reactions: Tarmfot and Isegrim

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be interested to see how you make everything run. I need to look at what I have and see what worked and what didn't.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, Clannad on ds would be awesome. Btw, on "the torrent site" there is a torrent called "Visual novels for android", it contains VNDS versions too.
Quick word of advice, replace the torrent site with "that torrent site". Talking about sites in name directly that have illegal content is against the rules.

Last edited by Coolsonickirby,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips