1. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    hahaha thanks but it's not true. There are people with better knowledge (and a better english) than me.
    I just try to help people with the basic WF stuff, sharing what I learned from the real gurus and from my experience, during these last years of testing and theme making.
    @r3ev did you manage to setup your plugins?

2. r3ev

r3ev Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Not Quite Yet Tetsuo,
    I can't get the Atari 7800 to find roms and covers.
    For the rest, I like tweaking. :)

How do you guys develop this stuff? Do you have a test setup?

3. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    I just test the new betas, when Fledge68 posts them in the Wiiflow Lite thread, and then report back the bugs I find.

4. r3ev

r3ev Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Okay, so you don't have a vm or emulator where you test it in?

5. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    No, I simply test things on my Wii

6. gonefishing1975

gonefishing1975 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey

I was trying to play a wii game off the sd card using wiiflow but the screen goes black and the disc drive starts to spin and the wii locks up. In my wiiflow settings I have wii path set to sd. What could the issue be?

****Note**** It works on my black Wii but not my White Wii

Thanks

Last edited by gonefishing1975, Apr 11, 2020
  7. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    hmmm... it seems that your white wii is trying to boot the game from the disc drive. I bet that if you insert an original game disc, it would boot that instead of your wbfs file.
    I seem to recall reading about a similar issue, but I can't remeber how to fix it, sorry. Better asking in the Wiiflow Lite thread.

8. gonefishing1975

gonefishing1975 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada

Thanks for the reply. Solved it I had the following backwards

d2x-v10-beta52 for slot 249 and d2x-v10-beta53alt for slot 250

9. Blackist

Blackist Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi everyone.
    I am using Wiiflow on vwii and I setup EmuNAND off, vipatch off, 480 patch off, use a NTSC mode. With this setup games runs, but sometimes happenend the games doesn't run and it comes blackscreen. Is normal? There is a setup for run always the games?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Thanks to everyone.

10. Danimalzpwn3

OP Danimalzpwn3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @fledge68 Do you mind helping @Blackist ? Personally I said screw it to the EMUNAND, never got it to work, and you CANNOT use the wiiflow build EMUNAND option, you must do it yourself.

11. jordi_mods

jordi_mods Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello I'm wondering if Wiiflow plugins work on Wiiflow lite. I wanted to play classic games but I heard you need plugins for that. Thanks.

12. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    I have no vWii, but maybe I can help. First thing, where is your Emunand (sd, usb hdd, usb stick)? Is your partition formatted to FAT32 (MBR) 32k clusters? Avoid using usb sticks at all costs. there are many incompatibilities and file corruption issues.
    What are the games that are giving blackscreen to you? Does it happen randomly, or only with some particular games?
    Did they ever work before? Can you see the white loading bar filling, just before the blackscreen?
    Generally, when you encounter a blackscreen with an emunand game, check these things out:
    - Is it the same region of your console? Maybe it's a PAL game, so it needs PAL video and a regionfree hack (priiloader) on your console, or a region freed wad.
    - Some VC/WW titles need to be played in neek2o mode (N64 games. the Konami rebirth serie and a few others) or they'll blackscreen
    - The game requires a particular CIOS that you're missing.
    - Try installing a wad from a different source, maybe something got corrupted.

Il tuo inglese va benissimo :) Ma se preferisci puoi scrivermi privatamente in italiano

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sure man. Wiiflow lite IS Wiiflow, only better.

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    so i got a wiiflowlite with dosbox pluggin but dosboxpluggin doesnt see games on sd? even tough the paths are correct? anyway to change pluggins to point to sd instead of usb?

14. jordi_mods

jordi_mods Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh, ok! Thank you

15. RossMcG

RossMcG Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Firstly many thanks for such a fantastic tutorial! This has been keeping me occupied during for some time now.

I am midway through setting it all up and have used the Danimalz Masterpiece Pack (v5.4) set up from the tutorial. Thus far I seem to have hit a brick wall with the Genesis emulator, which is typical as thsi would be the one most used. I have the SNES and NES running fine but when I select a ROM on the genesis emulator my wii disconects from the TV (green light still on the wii), upon pressing power on the wii I go straight back to the wiiflow menu.

Not sure if this is even related but could be. While trying to problem solve I tried running the emulator from the HB Channel and it all loads fine and when I attempt to load a rom I'm hit with a Error "Invalid Controllers Settings..press A to contiinue". This happens with all roms including master system. Have tried it with just the wii motion remote, then the SNES mini controller and also the Gamecube controller. I have ensured that gamepad is selected in the options. Again not sure if related.

I have checked the magic numbers match to whitch they do.

As I am using an uploaded setup has anyone else had issues with this working? I installed via a full fresh instalation, wii was set back to factory settings and installed the HB Channel, both SD card and Extenral drive were freshly formatted for this purpose so the only additions i have made is some roms, wii games and gamecube games.

If it is working fine for everyone else then I could try a full wipe and start from scratch, would rather try and avoid that though if possible. hoping someone can help.

Also thanks again for the tutorial.

16. Danimalzpwn3

United States
    Thank you, I'm happy you found it helpful :)
    Hmmm... that seems to be either an issue with the cover, @Tetsuo Shima or actual wiiflow lite @fledge68 I use genesisplus just fine

Last edited by Danimalzpwn3, May 2, 2020
    RossMcG likes this.
  17. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    It is clearly an issue with the emulator included in this pack.
    I don't even know which emulator it is, maybe Retroarch?
    Just use another one.

RossMcG likes this.
  18. RossMcG

RossMcG Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies, I archieved all instances of the emulator on both the SD card, Aps folder and External drive (Genesis Plus GX), put the most recent obto the SD card (apps folder) and have it working. It didnt work on wiiflow at first, but once i retrieved the old genplus folder back to the root of the external it now works. So happy camper now as I love sega.Now the fun really begins on building it up for additional emulators and buttons etc.I will most likely have further n00b questions down the track :)

appreciated

edit: Is it possible to set a sub folders for the cover art? I have been adding Genesis / Megadrive cover art to the SEGA folder, all working fine but ideally would prefer to have sub folders within SEGA (SD Card - wiiflow - boxcovers) eg SEGA/Megadrive, SEGA/Mastersystem etc so any housework would be much easier. I have tried editing the plug in line: "consolecoverid=sega" to "consolecoverid=sega/megadrive" and that made no difference. Logic tells me to edit this part: "coverfolder=retroarch" but its pointing to retroarch. I even tried creating a new folder but still pointing to sega folder. Im sure it is something stupid I am doing or missing.something simple.

Last edited by RossMcG, May 2, 2020
    Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  19. Danimalzpwn3

United States
    Yes in Order to call from another sub folder you you must use the boxcover= location. In order for it to work it must be backwards slashes. I’d do MD for mega drive out of simplicity. So it would be SEGA\MD then throw all your box art into the SEGA then create folder called MD then throw them all into that folder.

RossMcG likes this.
  20. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    It's not backward slashes. That's a Windows thing only. For the Wii, the paths contain slashes like in Unix.

Mainly 2 steps to change covers location.
    1st the coverfolder setting in the corresponding .ini file.

[PLUGIN]
    displayname=Sega Genesis
    magic=53454761
    coverfolder=SEGA/Megadrive
    dolfile=genplusgx-mod8.dol
    romdir=genplus/roms/MD
    filetypes=.gen|.md|.zip|.bin
    consolecoverid=sega
    covercolor=000000
    bannersound=Sega_Genesis.ogg
    arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}

Secondly, in WiiFlow, open the main menu and Reload Cache.

Tetsuo Shima and RossMcG like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tutorial, WiiFlow, Setup