Tutorial WiiFlow Lite Setup Full Tutorial

Basskarrastran

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Este es mi primer mensaje en esta gran comunidad
Lo primero quisiera agradecer a [email protected] los que aportais conocimientos en vuestras respuestas.
Instaló el pack de Danimalz y lo tengo "casi" todo funcionando.
Tengo dos problemas. Uno es que no hay forma de que pueda ver las roms de Geo y de Atari 7800. He revisado los números mágicos, añadido a .ini lo de rompartitition =2 ya que los roms los tengo en la partición usb 2 (el 1 es para los juegos de Wii).
El otro problema que tengo es que cada vez que entro en arcade (mame) me convierte las caratula, las 700 con la consiguiente espera.
Espero podáis ayudar. Muchas gracias

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The original Rhapsodii Shima is what I was having problems with.
I find it strange. Are you absolutely sure you were not using the theme included in this pack? The included one is based on RS v5.4 (with some modded backgrounds) and it was not yet optimized.
I had your very same issue with covers, and the reason was not enough free memory for Wiiflow to cache them. After .png's optimization I never had any more of these issues, nor bad reports from other people who use it.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

sgakensymd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got WiiFlow setup on my WiiU by creating a forwarder using vWiiVC Injector. Boots up to WiiFlow Main Menu but every time I try to boot up a game it just resets the system and takes me back to the WiiU Main Menu. Has anyone came across this issue? I am able to use WiiFlow and boot up games fine if I go to vWii mode and load everything up there like normal. It's just my forwarder on the WiiU side that's acting up.

I read somewhere that I maybe needed to change cIOS Startup setting on WiiFlow settings but after trying that directly from WiiU, WiiFLow crashed on startup and took me back to the WiiU dashboard where it stated that I had an update waiting to be installed. I just power resetted and the message went away.

sgakensymd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got WiiFlow setup on my WiiU by creating a forwarder using vWiiVC Injector. Boots up to WiiFlow Main Menu but every time I try to boot up a game it just resets the system and takes me back to the WiiU Main Menu. Has anyone came across this issue? I am able to use WiiFlow and boot up games fine if I go to vWii mode and load everything up there like normal. It's just my forwarder on the WiiU side that's acting up.

I read somewhere that I maybe needed to change cIOS Startup setting on WiiFlow settings but after trying that directly from WiiU, WiiFLow crashed on startup and took me back to the WiiU dashboard where it stated that I had an update waiting to be installed. I just power resetted and the message went away.

Update: I upgraded to wiiflow lite and now notice that I get an error message stating that I can't run Wii games through Wii virtual console. I guess that's the reason why it crashed on the older version of WiiFlow. I guess there's no way to get from WiiU dashboard immediately to Wiiflow (and load wii games) using the vWiiVC injector tool.

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@fledge68 @Tetsuo Shima

Please could you help me out in the most bizarre situation I am yet to encounter. As you know, you guy's have accomplished so much these past few months. A big thank you for all you have done.
I had a lot of sh*t on my SD so I started fresh. Formatted the Wii & SD Card. Upon downloading WiiFlow 5.4.6 on the SD, when I launch it I get the WiiFlow Logo, shows the loading for a split second then it Just kicks me back to the Homebrew/Home Screen. It works fine on a HDD, boots up no problem. I Installed an old version of WiiFlow 4.0 I think, that worked on the SD. Doesn't make sense as EVERY other app works fine, I really dont understand why 5.4.6/5.4.7 Beta 5 doesn't work on my SD card like wtf is going on here? I'm so close to giving up man:wtf: PLEASE, any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Just to note I'm using a 128GB SD formatted to fat32 with a 32kb cluster size.

Last edited by OfficialRammy,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hmmm really strange. It seems that for some reason the new WFL doesn't like your SD card.
It never happened to me, but all evidences are pointing to this, being the only non-working app.
Do you have another card laying around to try?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 @Tetsuo Shima

Please could you help me out in the most bizarre situation I am yet to encounter. As you know, you guy's have accomplished so much these past few months. A big thank you for all you have done.
I had a lot of sh*t on my SD so I started fresh. Formatted the Wii & SD Card. Upon downloading WiiFlow 5.4.6 on the SD, when I launch it I get the WiiFlow Logo, shows the loading for a split second then it Just kicks me back to the Homebrew/Home Screen. It works fine on a HDD, boots up no problem. I Installed an old version of WiiFlow 4.0 I think, that worked on the SD. Doesn't make sense as EVERY other app works fine, I really dont understand why 5.4.6/5.4.7 Beta 5 doesn't work on my SD card like wtf is going on here? I'm so close to giving up man:wtf: PLEASE, any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Just to note I'm using a 128GB SD formatted to fat32 with a 32kb cluster size.
you could try deleting the wiiflow save file.

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you could try deleting the wiiflow save file.
WiiFlow Save File? Where is that located?

Do you have another card laying around to try?
No mate this is my only one, it really doesn't make sense as before I formatted the card I was running even 5.4.7 beta 5 with no issues. Anything at all you could think of trying? It works fine on the HDD but I bought that 128gb SD to use strictly for everything other than Wii & Gamecube. Makes no sense this

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the only one I can get working is 5.4.1 from Danimal Master Pack. Soon as I drag and replace 5.4.6 it won't load. This makes no f*cking sense. So a semi modded version of 5.4.1 works with Rhapsoddi Shima theme but the standalone WFL 5.4.6 or above doesn't load. I'm actually so annoyed

Danimalzpwn3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima @fledge68 Sorry for the massive time not online. Sadly engineering has taken up a lot of my time sadly. I am on break at the moment and I am hopping to kick start this one once again. I will be playing around with the latest build of Rhapsodii Shima and updating to the latest wiiflow lite version as fledge as posted. Will be up soonish I hope but I would like to play around with it. I know that I will provide the original theme rather than my updated one. Hope you all have a great holidays, will be posting soon!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Tetsuo Shima @fledge68 Sorry for the massive time not online. Sadly engineering has taken up a lot of my time sadly. I am on break at the moment and I am hopping to kick start this one once again. I will be playing around with the latest build of Rhapsodii Shima and updating to the latest wiiflow lite version as fledge as posted. Will be up soonish I hope but I would like to play around with it. I know that I will provide the original theme rather than my updated one. Hope you all have a great holidays, will be posting soon!
And also I will be making a new youtube video with the new content in it. Sadly the one I created was horrible..... haha always a bad time with first tries.

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw some mixed replied but is it possible to use a WiiU forwarder that will allow WiiFlow to work with the gamepad both screen and controls? Unlike Nintendon't I didn't see anyone sharing one they created

TobiasTobias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi i use my 16 gb sd card to play wii sports resort on wii flow lite on vwii
When i click on start on the game that does show up with cover art and everything it only loads the disc game inserted in my wiiu
When no disc is inserted it keeps on a blck screen...

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go on then, I'll ask here (as it's more recently active), how do I adjust the position/size of banners?

Actually, just realised what's wrong here, the border is clearly being slowly moved down the screen a touch and the banner isn't following it, I've clearly got some setting switched somewhere...

Last edited by NotReallySteve,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go on then, I'll ask here (as it's more recently active), how do I adjust the position/size of banners?

Actually, just realised what's wrong here, the border is clearly being slowly moved down the screen a touch and the banner isn't following it, I've clearly got some setting switched somewhere...
The banner size and position is not adjustable. It's a known issue.

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh, I've spent all day messing. Is there something specific on that page I shouldn't have? I went through all 14 pages and nothing jumped out at me to do with this issue. I may just start again...
Oh, I am trying to get the equivalent rhapsodii theme working also. Maybe it's that that's the problem.

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @fledge68, I reinstalled both, and it's the theme. How rhapsodii handles displaying the banners is broken. The banner doesn't move, but it looks like the border is expecting it to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    lone_wolf323 tempBOT: lone_wolf323 has left the room.