Gaming Free Games thread

• Thread starter ThoD
  • Start date
  • Views 304,947
  • Replies 2,434
  • Likes 17

Want me to post about just free games or about giveaway contests too?

• Total voters

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Since I haven't seen anything like it on this forum, I decided to start a thread where people can post links to the games that go free for a short period of time, be it straight from Steam or from other sites offering keys. I will be posting links to the ones I know of, so anyone who knows about other games being temporarily free and are for keeps rather than just free weekends or stuff like that can post a link.

If I find any more, I'll post them on this thread, but I won't be updating this first comment, just go to the last post to find the most up-to-date ones.

Thread has turned into ANY freebies, not just Steam, so heads up!:P

Instructions for the posts:
-Game Name
-Link to the page where you can get it for free (eg: Steam or humblebundle)
-Expiration date if possible and normal price
-Steps for getting it (eg: requiring account or stuff like that)

So, at this time, the ones I know of are:

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sid-meiers-civilization-iii-complete
Expires in about 7 and a half hours (normal price is 4.99€)
Requires humblebundle account, login, add to cart and checkout, then redeem code

Memories of a Vagabond
https://www.indiegala.com/anime?src=menu
Don't know when it expires (normal price is 4.99€)
Requires account and to have linked your Steam account to it too. Once you have done that, scroll to the middle of the page where it has a link to Memories of a Vagabond Steam page along with buttons for sharing it on social media, click the little X button to hide those, then click on "Claim free copy", do the captcha and proceed, then you will get your key.

Blockstorm
Same page as one above, if you get Memories of a Vagabond, you automatically get this one too (the code will be shown on the redeem page straight away so you might miss it)
Don't know when it expires (normal price is 4.99€ but is currently on sale on steam for 0.99€)

If anyone else knows of any freebies available, then feel free to post them. Let's all have Steam libraries with tons of games!:P

Last edited by ThoD,

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's a new one on IndieGala:

Street Racing Syndicate
https://www.indiegala.com/anime?src=menu
Don't know when it ends but it has replaced the two games from IndieGala from my last post (normal price is 9.99€)
Requires account and to have linked your Steam account to it too. Once you have done that, scroll to the middle of the page where it has a link to Street Racing Syndicate Steam page along with buttons for sharing it on social media, click the little X button to hide those, then click on "Claim free copy", do the captcha and proceed, then you will get your key. You need to go to your profile page, click on "Bundles library", then "IndieGala Giveaways", then on the game name and the redeem or gift button.

Reactions: Fates-Blade-900

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is another freebie, but it's a giveaway for a Beta. However, seeing how you get a key right away and the game looks promising, I don't see why not list it here!:P

Laser League Beta
http://www.indiegamebundles.com/laser-league-beta-steam-key-giveaway/
Scroll down to the widget where you apply, join the site's Steam group, then follow and you will get your key right away, but hurry up as they are limited! Once you get your key you can leave the group and unfollow on twitter.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
A bit different, but it's still free game

I got a Steam key for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, but apparently can only be redeemed in Europe region (I bought that knowingly it might not work globally, but I bought it anyway :lol:)
anyone want the key just PM me (again it only works for Europe Steam account)

taken

Last edited by Garou, , Reason: key taken

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I got a Steam key for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, but apparently can only be redeemed in Europe region (I bought that knowingly it might not work globally, but I bought it anyway :lol:)
This thread is actually for publicly free games rather than just one key to one person, but I'll leave this one here in case someone gets interested. I never liked that game, but someone else might want it.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Last edited by ThoD,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Wait, are you giving a 50€ game away for free? That's incredibly generous of you.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wait, are you giving a 50€ game away for free? That's incredibly generous of you.
They probably are, just message them and get it if it's for real and you are interested. Just let me know whether it was just a free code or something else. This thread isn't for stuff like trades.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Not exactly Steam, but close:

Stronghold HD + A.D.2044
https://www.gog.com/game/polish_giveaway_pack?pp=2c61422714bcb5935215adf442a8f5b1d80ffc54
Make GOG account if you don't have one and just add them at the same time from the link, you get it automatically! Lasts 48 hours, but half of that has gone by already, so hurry up!

@migles You posted right when I was writing this:P

free gog games, make sure to post them! i really love gog free stuff, i actually love it more than steam free stuff.. even thought steam is my "main shop\main library"

when i read "50 bucks game for free" i got my hears like "yes please, i am kinda selfish person, i want that because the value"
but heh, it's a fight game, for much that the 50 bucks free thing appeals to me, i will let it go to somewhere that might actually play it (or be like migles and grab it because the price tag)
btw, are ya sure it's a 50 bucks game? or it's a 50 bucks game that is in sale every week for 90% off ?

steam does so many "discounts and sales" that i just price the game with the usual sale price..
for me doesn't make sense anymore saying it's a "50 bucks game" on a game that is all the time in sale..
it's kinda a reverse sale when you think about. it's a 10 bucks game, priced sometimes at 50 to trick the consumers...

Reactions: SomeGamer and ThoD

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
free gog games, make sure to post them! i really love gog free stuff, i actually love it more than steam free stuff.. even thought steam is my "main shop\main library"

when i read "50 bucks game for free" i got my hears like "yes please, i am kinda selfish person, i want that because the value"
but heh, it's a fight game, for much that the 50 bucks free thing appeals to me, i will let it go to somewhere that might actually play it (or be like migles and grab it because the price tag)
btw, are ya sure it's a 50 bucks game? or it's a 50 bucks game that is in sale every week for 90% off ?

steam does so many "discounts and sales" that i just price the game with the usual sale price..
for me doesn't make sense anymore saying it's a "50 bucks game" on a game that is all the time in sale..
it's kinda a reverse sale when you think about. it's a 10 bucks game, priced sometimes at 50 to trick the consumers...
Ok, I'll have to keep focus on Steam games, but I'll post every freebie I find on here, since I hate Steam to be honest and prefer DRM-free ones like GOG. And yeah, same reason, 50$ games don't interest me just because of the price, I've stopped playing beat em ups and some other kinds, so someone else should get it.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is actually for publicly free games rather than just one key to one person, but I'll leave this one here in case someone gets interested. I never liked that game, but someone else might want it.
Yeah sorry for that. I just don't feel like creating new thread and ended up hijacking the latest thread named Free Steam Games haha
And for others, I got it for $19 bought from Play Asia, and since I can't use it (I've tried) so I decided to give it away
https://www.play-asia.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-steam/13/70bdzv

Last edited by Garou,
Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
More freebies everyone!:grog:

Guns of Icarus Online
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/guns-of-icarus-online?partner=igb&charity=25618
Free for next day and 22 hours (normal price is 4.99€)
Make humble bundle account if you don't have one, just add it to the cart, check out and redeem the steam key!

Cavern Escape
https://www.indiegala.com/store?src=menu
Don't know when it ends (normal price is 0.99€)
Same drill as always from this site, make account, link to Steam, go to just after the middle of the page where you can find the giveaway thingy and claim a key!

PS: First game looks fairly nice, but heads up, second one sucks...

PPS: I've noticed that this thread has gotten quite a few views (almost 400) despite being relatively new, but hardly anyone posted anything or even commented on it, so I'm wondering if people are getting the games or not... Let me know if you do get these games from the links I post here and if you want me to keep this up. Perhaps if it gets bigger I might ask for it to be a stickie or something...

Last edited by ThoD,

Trash_McPhail

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Another game everyone!

Slipstream 5000
https://www.indiegala.com/stayingalive?src=menu
Don't know when it ends (normal price is 5.99€ but is currently on sale for 0.59€)
You know the drill, have account, have it linked to Steam, scroll down on the page, fill in the form needed and you get the key for Steam!

*EDIT*
PS: SERIOUSLY Gabe? Crunchyroll is part of Steam now? Dear Gabe, there's no avoiding Steam now!
43c.jpg

Last edited by ThoD,
Reactions: EthanAddict

Trash_McPhail

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yep. sent. tell me if it works (EU only)

Worked, all good, thanks again :).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another game everyone!

Slipstream 5000
https://www.indiegala.com/stayingalive?src=menu
Don't know when it ends (normal price is 5.99€ but is currently on sale for 0.59€)
You know the drill, have account, have it linked to Steam, scroll down on the page, fill in the form needed and you get the key for Steam!

*EDIT*
PS: SERIOUSLY Gabe? Crunchyroll is part of Steam now? Dear Gabe, there's no avoiding Steam now!
43c.jpg

Thanks for all these posts, paying the price for no Facebook account, that said; I'd rather cut off my Penis with a rusty breadknife than sign up to it :(.

Reactions: Garou and ThoD

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for all these posts, paying the price for no Facebook account, that said; I'd rather cut off my Penis with a rusty breadknife than sign up to it :(.
I hate facebook myself, it's a site full or retards who do nothing more than add strangers as "friends" and think they are important all of a sudden when they are just stuck up idiots! You are welcome btw, good to know people like this!

is the offer for Sid Meiers Civilization still on?
I have the game on CD but i want to have it on my pc always
Unfortunately no, if you click the links and the game isn't free or isn't shown in the page I linked, it means it's over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over