Hacking WiiFlow Lite Theme - Rhapsodii

Hakaisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rhapsodii_logo.png

Hi, everyone. Rhapsodii is a WiiFlow Lite theme that I have been maintaining and adding features to for my own personal setup. Several people have expressed their interest in trying it out with their own setup, and I have been encouraged to release it. So, I've spent some time finishing off and polishing some features that I've been wanting to include in it. I feel it's ready for the world to experience now.

I should note that this theme is ultimately the culmination of my long nights spent tinkering with Carbonik Abz; which has long served as my faithful and beloved theme for many years. If you enjoy using Rhapsodii, please also give thanks to Benjay, mamule, Abz and Fledge68 for their hard work on Carbonik Abz.

Preview:
Rhapsodii_Feature_Display1.jpg

Downloads
Latest Version- Rhapsodii 2.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2chcohc8jntw18/Rhapsodii_2.0.rar/file

Rhapsodii_Default.jpg

Rhapsodii - Shima Edition:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/agxj99fvpnoyvnx/Rhapsodii Shima.rar?dl=0

rhapsodii-shima-screenshot.png

Rhapsodii - Shima Edition is a great mod of Rhapsodii created by Tetsuo Shima. It features sleek new UI art, tweaked coverflows and a new version of the EmulationStation images using console photos and logos. I highly recommend checking it out!! ;)

Features
Coverflow styles for WiiMC plugin media (DVD, VHS, Blu-Ray, Laserdisc).
* Alternate CoverFlow styles added for Japan region consoles (Super Famicom Vertical and Horizontal, Japanese GameBoy/Color, Japanese GameGear).
* Currently playing song titles are now cropped and scroll in from the upper-left corner. (Thanks so much for enabling the word-wrap for this feature, Fledge68).
* SourceFlow is designed to replicate a modern style and feel similar to EmulationStation and HyperSpin/Pie.
* Removed main menu buttons with redundant functions already achievable with the Source Menu or controller button presses; thus further decluttering and simplifying the user interface.

CoverFlows

*Under Construction*

SourceFlow Setup
Rhapsodii's EmulationStation Styled SourceFlow
screenshot3_emustation.jpg

* This SourceFlow setup is completely optional to use with the theme. Not a requirement.

- Included in the download is a folder entitled small_covers, within that folder is another folder named Rhapsodii. This folder contains all of the artwork required for Rhapsodii's SourceFlow setup.

Make sure the names of these small_cover files match the name of the first frame of your source menu buttons.
Example:

[BUTTON_8]
image=Virtual_Boy.png
image_s=Virtual_Boyb.png
title=1995 - Virtual Boy
source=plugin
magic=4d45484e
emuflow=6

[BUTTON_9]
image=Sega_MasterSystem.png
image_s=Sega_MasterSystemb.png
title=1986 - Sega Master System
source=plugin
magic=53454771
emuflow=4

To ensure your SourceFlow is setup correctly for Rhapsodii, go to Page 12 of Settings, select Source Menu Settings and refer to the image below:
Source_Menu_Settings.jpg

Old Versions Archive:
Note: These versions are not recommended for use with WiiFlow WFL 5.2.0 or above.

V1.0 - Rhapsodii v1.0: https://www.mediafire.com/file/28pn207pqzzrb0l/Rhapsodii.rar/file
Beta1 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqbyn3gh1xq0y0o/rhapsodii_beta1.rar/file
Color Variants of Rhapsodii (Idea suggested by kaisersozeh)

Last edited by Hakaisha,

Hakaisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a theme for WiiFlow Lite. You still need to have Fledge68's official release of WiiFlow Lite to be able to use this. B-)

This theme changes WiiFlow's appearance, tweaks a couple specific lines of on-screen text, while also adding a few more box shapes to play with and a new way to use SourceFlow.

Hakaisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SourceFlow is an alternative way of viewing the Source Menu, which usually is used to display your Source Menu selections as 3D boxes in coverFlow style.

In Rhapsodii's case, it includes a pack of image files designed to be used in SourceFlow with the Box Mode turned off to create a unique looking 2D SourceFlow.

ultramodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great theme only problem I had was I have plugins disabled my personal preference and switching between wii and gamecube without buttons is not helpful. I did fix the issue by editing the script and pointing to the disc icon. Other then that this is one of my favorites.

Reactions: Hakaisha

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, LOVE the new Skin you made so far, great job and thank you :)

I'm having trouble getting all my Sources/Buttons to show up in Sourceflow.
- With Sourceflow DISABLED I can see all 12 Sources/Buttons but when I ENABLE Sourceflow it bumps the last Source/Button off the list.
- I have my Sources/Buttons setup the same as my avatar pic there. In this case Sourceflow is not able to see the last Source/Button (Sega Game Gear).
- For Example:
If I edit the sourcemenu .ini and move Sega Game Gear to another position (Source/Button #2 instead of #12) and delete my WiiWare Source/Button, Sega Game Gear becomes visable/useable. Now I have 11 Sources/Buttons instead of 12 previously and the new last Source/Button would be GameBoy Advance. Now that GameBoy Advance is the last Source/Button I can see it with Sourceflow DISABLED but when I ENABLE Sourceflow GameBoy Advance now disappears (I assume because now it is in the last position). Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- With Sourceflow DISABLED I can see all 12 Sources/Buttons but when I ENABLE Sourceflow it bumps the last Source/Button off the list.
- I have my Sources/Buttons setup the same as my avatar pic there. In this case Sourceflow is not able to see the last Source/Button (Sega Game Gear).
- For Example:
If I edit the sourcemenu .ini and move Sega Game Gear to another position (Source/Button #2 instead of #12) and delete my WiiWare Source/Button, Sega Game Gear becomes visable/useable. Now I have 11 Sources/Buttons instead of 12 previously and the new last Source/Button would be GameBoy Advance. Now that GameBoy Advance is the last Source/Button I can see it with Sourceflow DISABLED but when I ENABLE Sourceflow GameBoy Advance now disappears (I assume because now it is in the last position). Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Sounds like something i might have to fix. Ill take a look later.

Hakaisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- For Example:

@WesMods, the disappearing last Source selection on SourceFlow can easily be remedied by adding an additional blank source at the end of your source_menu.ini. Or, you can alternatively just duplicate the last one and make it number 13, 14, whichever next in line it is.

However, this may not be the most ideal solution if you like to use both styles. While this makes your SourceFlow look normal, you will now have a blank or duplicate added to your standard Source Menu. (Looking at your setup, it probably wouldn't be very noticeable, since the duplicate would be added to Page 2)

I am glad you're enjoying using Rhapsodii. Thanks for your kind words and feedback.

Reactions: WesMods

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@WesMods, the disappearing last Source selection on SourceFlow can easily be remedied by adding an additional blank source at the end of your source_menu.ini. Or, you can alternatively just duplicate the last one and make it number 13, 14, whichever next in line it is.

However, this may not be the most ideal solution if you like to use both styles. While this makes your SourceFlow look normal, you will now have a blank or duplicate added to your standard Source Menu. (Looking at your setup, it probably wouldn't be very noticeable, since the duplicate would be added to Page 2)

I am glad you're enjoying using Rhapsodii. Thanks for your kind words and feedback.
I actually just finished doing what you suggested and it works great thanks again :)

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey @Hakaisha is there a way I can change the order of the plugins in SourceFlow? Right now they're sorted by name but I would like to sort them in the order of plugin# or even a custom order

Hakaisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I am aware, SourceFlow selections behave like the standard CoverFlow for games, and can only be arranged alphabetically according to the title= specified for each [BUTTON] in source_menu.ini.

I personally arrange mine by release year. So an example title name would look like 1989 - Sega Genesis. For a specific order, you can add numbers before the title like 1. Sega Genesis, 2. Sega CD, 3. Game Gear

Ideally, the numbers could be hidden somehow; but this is the best method I know.

Reactions: WesMods

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I am aware, SourceFlow selections behave like the standard CoverFlow for games, and can only be arranged alphabetically according to the title= specified for each [BUTTON] in source_menu.ini.

I personally arrange mine by release year. So an example title name would look like 1989 - Sega Genesis. For a specific order, you can add numbers before the title like 1. Sega Genesis, 2. Sega CD, 3. Game Gear

Ideally, the numbers could be hidden somehow; but this is the best method I know.
Okay, is there somehow I can disable the name coming up along the bottom of each source? That way I can name them 1,2,3,4 etc without seeing the text?

Hakaisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, there is way to hide the titles. I'll write a short tutorial here on how to manually manipulate your display titles.

First, start by pressing the home button while you are viewing your SourceFlow menu. Doing this will bring you to the Source Menu Settings screen.

IMG_7597.jpg

Select the Adjust Coverflow button. This action will bring you to a menu where you can manipulate any aspect of your SourceFlow CoverFlow setup, as seen below.
IMG_7599.jpg

Maneuver your pointer to the top of the screen on the middle tab that says 'Camera', and click on the right arrow. Click on this arrow until the tab reads Title Position.
IMG_7605.jpg

Once you have reached the Title Position tab, move your pointer down to the arrow I've indicated in the above photo. Click on this arrow repeatedly to move the on-screen title down past the bottom of the screen.

IMG_7604.jpg

In this example I've changed the value to -1.60, but the actual number necessary to hide the title will vary between different CoverFlow styles.

The general idea is to find whichever numerical value will hide your title, then be sure to also apply that same number to the tabs found to the left and right of this tab. As you can see I've applied -1.60 to the 2 neighboring tabs as well.

It's important to also apply the number to the Left and Right tabs, as they decide the destination of where the title is coming and going to on the screen. The Middle tab only indicates where the title rests.

Once all this is done, click Save in the upper right of the screen and you should be good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over