1. Tetsuo Shima

OP Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    rhapsodii_shima 5.4.8 logo.png

ABOUT

This is a fork of the excellent Rhapsodii theme for Wiiflow by @Hakaisha. My version features a Hyperspin wheel stye for the main menu and an Emulation Station style for the tiers. It also takes advantage of Wiiflow's background feature, using different backgrounds for each platform, and sports all-new buttons and graphics.
    No, this is not an Akira mod, it's just a joke about my nick and a small homage to the greatest manga ever! Good for health, bad for education.

SCREENSHOTS
    Jan-31-2021-22h27m59s.png Sep-14-2020-00h03m37s.png Sep-14-2020-00h06m59s.png Jan-31-2021-22h31m48s.png Jan-31-2021-22h25m02s.png Jan-31-2021-22h24m57s.png 01.png Jan-31-2021-22h18m11s.png Sep-14-2020-00h05m21s.png Jan-31-2021-22h16m18s.png Jan-31-2021-22h14m41s.png Jan-31-2021-22h14m28s.png Jan-31-2021-22h14m01s.png
    WARNING!!
    The platform.ini file, included in this theme, is an integral part of Wiiflow.
    Do not edit this file if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing!!

UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSIONS
    Delete these folders, before updating:
    wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima/
    wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/
    wiiflow/themes_lite/Rhapsodii Shima/

Install the package, run Wiiflow and Reload Cache

INSTALLATION
    Extract the 'wiiflow' folder to the root of the device where Wiiflow is installed. Merge every folders and overwrite all files, when requested.

PLUGINS CONFIGURATION
    Starting from Wiiflow 5.4.7, you can use the new Source Menu Setup:
    - You can configure your Source menu's pressing the Home button in one of the the source menu (or Sourceflows) tiers.
    - You can Hide source buttons, link buttons to plugins and set ROMs paths.

You can download the complete Wiiflow Plugins Pack from:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ze5vvwbcuu1ixpd/Wiiflow+Plugins+Pack.rar/file

THEME SETUP

1. Launch Wiiflow and go to Settings page 2. Switch Theme from 'Default' to 'Rhapsodii Shima', or just reload the cache if you updated from an older version.

2. Go to Settings page 12 and click on the 'Source Menu Settings' button. Set 'Enable Sourceflow' and 'Sourceflow Smallbox' to 'On'. This will switch to the Sourceflow mode (Hyperspin and EmulationStation style).

3. For a nice Homebrew Channel effect, go to Settings page 12 and click on the 'Homebrew Setting's button. Turn 'Coverflow Smallbox' to 'On' and 'Box Mode' to 'Off', then go back and press 1 or 2 on the Wiimote until you reach smallflow #6.

4. If you want to display a console from a different region in the background and source buttons (e.g. Super Famicom instead of SNES) see the FAQ section.

NOTES
    This is not mandatory, but to be fully appreciated, this theme should be used in conjunction with Wiiflow's Database and Snapshots by Wiimpathy.
    I suggest you to install them before Rhapsodii Shima, because it uses a slightly updated platform.ini. Otherwise, just make sure you don't overwrite Rhapsodii Shima's platform.ini, or just reinstall the theme as a last step.
    The CreateCat application is also recommended to have separate and pre-compiled categories for wii/gc and plugin games, according to the database.

LINKS
    Wiiflow releases
    Database
    CreateCat

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Jan 31, 2021
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Jodelhoiti....

Austria
    :bow::bow:

Thank you for your fast and reliable FREE Update for the new WiiFlow Version.:yaywii:

3. JuanMena

JuanMena Politically Incorrect ♥️
    Suspended

Mexico
    WhAtS DiZ I dOnT EvEN?

4. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    A Wiiflow Lite theme. I will upload some screenshots as soon as possible.

Edit: screenshots added

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Dec 27, 2019
    jeannotte, alexander1970 and JuanMena like this.
  5. MrSW

MrSW GBAtemp Regular

Brunei
    Is anyone else experiencing annoying loading times? Each time I enter a source menu tier I get the green loading bar and when I enter a plugin button I get the loading WiiFlow icon, albeit short they both ruin the flow (hehe) of the app and I can't seem to get rid of them, not even if I delete the custom backgrounds and such.

This loading times were not present in WiiFlow 5.2.0, I would appreciate if someone can tell me what to do

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    This looks really nice. I was never a big fan of the default theme, it looks a bit unfinished, it could really use a background and maybe some borders around things. This looks professional, and I didn't even know WiiFlow's theme engine enabled stuff like this.
    I will definitely have to try this out for sure, it might make me want to switch to WiiFlow as my default loader.

Hakaisha and Tetsuo Shima like this.
  7. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    It's probably a magic number issues. It happened to me once. Check your plugins folder very well. It is possible that 2 or more ini files in there are using the same magic number. Once you get rid of them you'll no longer have loading times

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or maybe there's an unused magic number in your source menu

8. MrSW

MrSW GBAtemp Regular

Brunei
    by this do you mean an existing .ini file that is not assigned to any source buttton, or a source button that contains a magic number that does not correspond to any .ini file?

9. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Yes by unused magic number I meant a source button with a magic number not corresponding to any plugin ini file

10. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Thanks for your words of appreciation. I'm not a pro with graphics and design but I did my best. I'm happy to receive some feedbacks!
    I would love if someone more skilled than me could use my work as a base to create new variants or a whole new theme.
    IMHO Wiiflow is really the best of the loaders out there, and it really deserves some good eyecandy.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  11. WesMods

WesMods GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thanks so much for this @Tetsuo Shima, incredible work and such a beautiful theme. I have made custom themes in the past for WiiFlow and I can totally appreciate the insane amount of work you put into this! It is by FAR the most beautiful thing to be created for Wii. Thanks so much for all the time you put into this :D

12. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    jeannotte, alexander1970 and WesMods like this.
  13. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Update v1.0a
    -updated folder structure: added the missing source_menu parent folder for Rhapsodii Shima.
    -updated 'Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.txt'.

I've just found a stupid mistake I did in my previous release. The folder structure for source menu was wrong.
    For old Rhapsodii Shima 2.0 users it could have not been an issue, but for new users it would have been all broken.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Jan 4, 2020
  14. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    hey buddy o' pal. I downloaded and tried out your theme. I gotta say it looks awesome! you really put a lot of time into it.

but there is a small issue with the zip file. the Rhapsodii Shima folder needs to be in source_menu folder so that your source menu's and images will go in wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima.

another issue is my coding fault. When I view the hyperspin (base tier) wiiflow shows me blank covers. something to do with the covers already cached (wfc's) and the code needs to delete the old ones and update to the new ones. i haven't figured it out yet but i will.

Edit: I found the problem. I was on a tier when i switched to smallbox so cache covers worked then but the flag was cleared so when i went back to base tier the code doesn't even create the wfc files. I have a temporary solution but I'm working on a better one now.

also thinking we need to add smallbox and flat covers to the general section of the source menu ini since my default source menu uses large covers and yours uses small covers.

Last edited by fledge68, Jan 6, 2020
    jeannotte, Hakaisha and alexander1970 like this.
  15. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Thanks Fledge68. That was exactly the main reason for the 1.0a update, but I just forgot to update the download link in the OP, fixed now.

About the other issue, yes it seems that wf5.4.0 cannot recreate the cache. I've added some games and covers and I had to temporarily use 5.2.0 to create the cache for them and then overwrite 5.4.0 again

alexander1970 likes this.
  16. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    your cache cover issue is different than the one i was referring to. but I have fixed the cache cover issue i was having. i'm making some more minor adjustments before i release a beta.

as for your theme. I have one more minor issue. your hover button sound is the same as your click sound. Did you design it that way?
    for example:

HOME/EXIT_TO]
    click_sound=
    color=#FFFFFFFF
    effect_scale_x=0
    effect_scale_y=0
    effect_x=300
    effect_y=0
    elmstyle=
    font=
    font_line_height=0
    font_size=0
    font_weight=0
    height=48
    hover_sound=click.wav

alexander1970 likes this.
  17. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Yes, it was designed that way. Well, tbh initially I tried to use the survol.wav as hover sound, but it wasn't working. For some strange reason no sound could be heard if I used that wav.
    But after realizing that the click sound is used in the official wii menu as a hover sound, I decided to use it too. But yes, maybe I should find another sound for click_sound

18. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    no big deal buddy, i was just nit picking. its fine the way it is.

Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  19. KaiFun4Ever

KaiFun4Ever Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    There are missing buttons in consoles and handhelds ini. Sega CD, MS, SG and GG are all gone :(

Edit: I noticed there is a Rhapsodii Shima folder on the root of source menu. Should i edit there instead? I messed with some settings in consoles ini on the root of source menu already lol.

Last edited by KaiFun4Ever, Jan 8, 2020
  20. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Yes it has changed to source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima. This way there are no more conflicts with other themes

KaiFun4Ever likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Rhapsodii, Shima,