Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rhapsodii_shima 5.5.4 banner.png

promo-png.191225

Download Rhapsodii Shima SDTV 5.5.4 (4:3 version)
Download Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4 (16:9 version)

Resource page

ABOUT
This is a fork of the excellent Rhapsodii theme for Wiiflow by @Hakaisha. My version features a Hyperspin wheel stye for the main menu and an Emulation Station style for the tiers. It also takes advantage of Wiiflow's background feature, using different backgrounds for each platform, and sports all-new buttons and graphics.

REQUIREMENTS
Wiiflow Lite 5.5.4 or above
30 MB of disk space on your storage device

INSTALLATION AND SETUP
Read the included 'instructions.txt' to install and configure the theme.

UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSIONS
Backup your source menu .ini files in wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima if you made some changes, or they will be overwritten with the default ones.
Delete these folders, before updating:
wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima/
wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/
wiiflow/themes_lite/Rhapsodii Shima/

Install the package, run Wiiflow and Reload Cache

SCREENSHOTS
Jan-31-2021-22h27m59s.png Sep-14-2020-00h03m37s.png Sep-14-2020-00h05m21s.png Sep-14-2020-00h06m59s.png 01.png Jan-31-2021-22h25m02s.png Jan-31-2021-22h24m57s.png Jan-31-2021-22h18m11s.png Jan-31-2021-22h16m18s.png Jan-31-2021-22h14m41s.png Jan-31-2021-22h14m01s.png source menu.png

CHANGE LOG

5.5.4:
- Updated installation and configuration instruction. Make sure to read them before asking for help.
- Theme .ini is updated with the new WFL 5.5.4 features. File is now smaller and easier to maintain for future WFL updates.
- Renewed source menu icons, for a cleaner and more consistent look.
- Fixed text size and camera angles in coverflows for a more solid feel during transitions.
- Reworked some cover animations.
- Improved background and cover layout mode 2 for PC Dos/Win.
- Replaced gear icon with the plugin icon in the Source Menu Setup sub sections.
- Renewed the Handhelds Sourceflow page with a more realistic dot-matrix title.
- Reworked support for regional consoles versions. If you used TURBOGRAFX or TURBODUO you have to set them up again. See 'Regional configurations.txt' for instructions.
- Added initial support for Japanese covers with different box size (Famicom, Super Famicom, GB/GBC, Game Gear).
- Platform.ini includes all the latest Plugin Pack updates.
- Cleaned up redundant platforms from platform.ini.
- Cleaned up unused coverflows.
- Added an alternate "stripe" sourceflow with a smaller size (showing 5 buttons instead of 3). See'instructions.txt' for configuration.
- Removed Nintendo DS backgrounds and buttons. NDS emulation is still embrional on the Wii, I'll add it again when/if games will run at a playable state. NDS it's still in platform.ini for future use.

- Added three new platforms: Amstrad GX4000, Atari XEGS and Sega32X (USA).
- Splitted the 'Color'and the 'Black & White' versions of Wonderswan and Neogeo Pocket. They are separate platforms now, just like GB/GBC.
- Altered the SNES/N64 box flow so that vertical Japanese covers can be displayed the correct way by pressing 1 or 2. Thanks to Sion_Zaphod.
- Adjusted the PC coverflow a little (cover positions, spine scale).
- The black bar with songs titles is now as wide as the entire screen.

- Updated platform.ini with the new plugins and flows from the next plugins pack.
- Optimized fonts by Hakaisha (cleanup on the characters to reduce excess vector points, compact encoding, and removed the bitmap files from each).
- Fixed the stretched fonts in 16:9 mode. All texts are now crispier than ever and with the correct aspect ratio. Thanks to Hakaisha!
- Added 'loading' and 'nopic' covers for missing boxcovers and flat covers. No more 'Wii' template for plugin games with no covers.
- Resized texts, margins and line height in Synopsis and Help/Credits pages, for an improved readability.
- Slightly updated coverflows: added shadows to the outher boxes and other little cosmetic changes.
- In File Explorer, moved the folder tree a little to the right.
- Added separate coverflows for Tapes (Amstrad, BBCMicro, ZX Spectrum), PS1 Cd case, FDS, Game & Watch. Now they will be automatically assigned by Wiiflow for an easier installation.
- Added TurboGrafx16 and TurboDuo to the "Retro Consoles" source menu. You can hide any undesired platform using Wiiflow's Source Menu Setup.
- Added 'smallbox=yes' to all source_menu .ini's (under general) to let Wiiflow automatically enable it for you.
- Removed a few unused duplicate backgrounds.
- Added a sliding bar for music titles, so that they are now legible when you switch song.

5.4.7 v1
- Renamed the release number to 5.4.7 to match the supported Wiiflow version.
- Added support for the new Source Menu Setup, introduced by Wiiflow 5.4.7.
- Revamped the File Explorer to look more like a typical explorer.
- The top and bottom bars are updated with new controls.
- Adjusted position for text and buttons in the bottom bars. They were cut out by some TV's overscan.
- Reduced the size of the Handhelds banner in the Handhelds tier background.
- The white bar in the main screen is now correctly ending at the bottom of the screen. It was 6 pixels shorter, but it was not noticeable because of overscan. Only noticeable if you were taking screenshots.
- Removed the [BLANK_COVERS] section from Rhapsodii Shima.ini. It's an obsolete way to display missing custom covers.
- A little size adjustment for the PS1 coverflow (cd_case #1) and the Homebrew coverflow.

v1.3
- Fixed the Genesis and Super Famicom backgrounds (wrong logos).
- Simplified the process to display console models from different regions.
- Added a warning about platform.ini.
- FAQ section updated. It's now on a separate file.

v1.2
- This version will only work on WiiFlow Lite 5.4.4 or newer.
- All images were optimized by blackb0x.
- Discarded the jpeg format, now all images are in .png format.
- Less use of gradients, where possible, to allow further optimization.
- Joined CPS1, CPS2 and CPS3 into one single source menu button. No sense to separate them.
- Added support for: Satellaview, TRS-80, TRS-80 colour, CPS3
- Updated platform.ini with the new plugins.
- Removed some useless and redundant backgrounds, where possible.
- Cover caching works again, due to the theme's optimization.
- FAQ section updated.

v1.1
- updated the controls guide showed in the game info screen. Added the new buttons introduced by Wiiflow 5.4.1 (+, - and A).
- changed the FDS flow in platform.ini to cd_case, similar to the real floppy cases.
- added the new FDS coverflow 'CD_CASE_3' in coverflow.ini, to match the correct proportions and orientation.
- incorporated Fledge's mod: now snapshots in the selected game view are bigger.
- resized the setting buttons area and icons to not overlap the snapshot area.
- removed the multiple magic numbers for NES and N64 in console.ini.
- other minor tweaks.
- troubleshooting section updated.

v1.0a
-Updated folder structure: added the missing source_menu parent folder for Rhapsodii Shima.
-Updated Installation instructions and Troubleshooting.

v1.0
- Full support to Wiiflow 5.4.0 features.
- From now on, this theme will be mirroring Wiiflow's version number.
- Updated the controls guide in the top and bottom bars with Wiiflow 5.4.0 controls.
- Correct size for banners, snapshots and other artworks. No more overlapping buttons.
- A completely remade settings menu.
- Some new button and graphics.
- Added all missing magic numbers to the source menu. All Coverflows are now working with the proper background., even when no games are found.
- Added support for Supergrafx and Game & Watch.
- Support for both Source Menu and Sourceflow.

NOTES
- To be fully appreciated, this theme should be used in conjunction with Wiiflow's Database and Snapshots by Wiimpathy.
IMPORTANT: Wiiflow's Database includes an outdated platform.ini file. If you install the Database after Rhapsodii Shima, don't overwrite platform.ini, or it will cause a lot of issues (like missing backgrounds or plugins not recognized anymore). Copy again the platform.ini file included in this theme, if you overwrited it by mistake

Platform.ini is an integral part of Wiiflow. Editing this file is not needed by this theme, nor encouraged, if you don't know how it works

- The CreateCat application is also recommended to have separate and pre-compiled categories for wii/gc and plugin games, according to the database.

LINKS
Wiiflow Lite
Plugins Pack
Database
Create Cat

DOWNLOAD COVERS
Covers Collections thread part 1
Covers Collections thread part 2
Blank covers

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
rhapsodii_shima-5-4-logo-png.191227

INSTALLATION:
Extract the archive to the root of the device where wiiflow's installed and overwrite all files.
You can change the magic numbers in all the ini files inside wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/ according to your plugins.*
Launch Wiiflow and go to Settings page 2 to switch to the Rhapsodii Shima theme, or just reload the cache if you were already using it.

NOTES:
No need to backup your source_menu.ini anymore. In Wiiflow 5.4.0, a subfolder is used for themes.

This is not mandatory, but to be fully appreciated, this theme should be used on Wiiflow 5.4.0, in conjunction with Wiiflow's Database by Wiimpathy.
I suggest you to install them before Rhapsodii Shima, because it uses a slightly updated platform.ini. Otherwise, just make sure you don't overwrite Rhapsodii Shima's platform.ini, or just reinstall the theme as a last step.
The CreateCat application is also recommended to have separate and pre-compiled categories for wii/gc and plugin games, according to the database.
Links:
Wiiflow 5.4.0
Database
CreateCat

TROUBLESHOOTING:
*If one background isn't correctly displayed, you are using a wrong magic number in your source menu and/or in your plugin ini. Or you edited platform.ini.
Open wiiflow/plugins_data/platform.ini and use magic numbers from there.
Never edit the platform.ini file. Reinstall it form this archive if necessary.

Thanks: @Hakaisha, @fledge68, @Wiimpathy, @Danimalzpwn3, @WesMods

:bow::bow:

Thank you for your fast and reliable FREE Update for the new WiiFlow Version.:yaywii:

MrSW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
Is anyone else experiencing annoying loading times? Each time I enter a source menu tier I get the green loading bar and when I enter a plugin button I get the loading WiiFlow icon, albeit short they both ruin the flow (hehe) of the app and I can't seem to get rid of them, not even if I delete the custom backgrounds and such.

This loading times were not present in WiiFlow 5.2.0, I would appreciate if someone can tell me what to do

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
rhapsodii_shima-5-4-logo-png.191227

INSTALLATION:
Extract the archive to the root of the device where wiiflow's installed and overwrite all files.
You can change the magic numbers in all the ini files inside wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/ according to your plugins.*
Launch Wiiflow and go to Settings page 2 to switch to the Rhapsodii Shima theme, or just reload the cache, if you were already using it.

SCREENSHOTS:
View attachment 191246 View attachment 191257 View attachment 191260 View attachment 191264 View attachment 191259 View attachment 191247 View attachment 191248 View attachment 191258 View attachment 191261 View attachment 191262 View attachment 191263 View attachment 191256 View attachment 191254 View attachment 191253 View attachment 191249 View attachment 191250 View attachment 191251 View attachment 191252

CHANGE LOG:
- Full support to Wiiflow 5.4.0 features.
- From now on, this theme will be mirroring Wiiflow's version number.
- Updated the controls guide in the top and bottom bars with Wiiflow 5.4.0 controls.
- Correct size for banners, snapshots and other artworks. No more overlapping buttons.
- A completely remade settings menu.
- Some new button and graphics.
- Added all missing magic numbers to the source menu. All Coverflows are now working with the proper background., even when no games are found.
- Added support for Supergrafx and Game & Watch.
- Support for both Source Menu and Sourceflow.

NOTES:
No need to backup your source_menu.ini anymore. In Wiiflow 5.4.0, a subfolder is used for source menu themes.

This is not mandatory, but to be fully appreciated, this theme should be used on Wiiflow 5.4.0, in conjunction with Wiiflow's Database by Wiimpathy.
I suggest you to install them before Rhapsodii Shima, because it uses a slightly updated platform.ini. Otherwise, just make sure you don't overwrite Rhapsodii Shima's platform.ini, or just reinstall the theme as a last step.
The CreateCat application is also recommended to have separate and pre-compiled categories for wii/gc and plugin games, according to the database.
Links:
Wiiflow 5.4.0
Database
CreateCat

TROUBLESHOOTING:
*If one background isn't correctly displayed, you are using a wrong magic number in your source menu and/or in your plugin ini. Or you edited platform.ini.
Open wiiflow/plugins_data/platform.ini and use magic numbers from there.
Never edit the platform.ini file. Reinstall it form this archive if necessary.

Thanks: @Hakaisha, @fledge68, @Wiimpathy, @Danimalzpwn3, @WesMods
This looks really nice. I was never a big fan of the default theme, it looks a bit unfinished, it could really use a background and maybe some borders around things. This looks professional, and I didn't even know WiiFlow's theme engine enabled stuff like this.
I will definitely have to try this out for sure, it might make me want to switch to WiiFlow as my default loader.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is anyone else experiencing annoying loading times? Each time I enter a source menu tier I get the green loading bar and when I enter a plugin button I get the loading WiiFlow icon, albeit short they both ruin the flow (hehe) of the app and I can't seem to get rid of them, not even if I delete the custom backgrounds and such.

This loading times were not present in WiiFlow 5.2.0, I would appreciate if someone can tell me what to do
It's probably a magic number issues. It happened to me once. Check your plugins folder very well. It is possible that 2 or more ini files in there are using the same magic number. Once you get rid of them you'll no longer have loading times

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or maybe there's an unused magic number in your source menu

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This looks really nice. I was never a big fan of the default theme, it looks a bit unfinished, it could really use a background and maybe some borders around things. This looks professional, and I didn't even know WiiFlow's theme engine enabled stuff like this.
I will definitely have to try this out for sure, it might make me want to switch to WiiFlow as my default loader.
Thanks for your words of appreciation. I'm not a pro with graphics and design but I did my best. I'm happy to receive some feedbacks!
I would love if someone more skilled than me could use my work as a base to create new variants or a whole new theme.
IMHO Wiiflow is really the best of the loaders out there, and it really deserves some good eyecandy.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for this @Tetsuo Shima, incredible work and such a beautiful theme. I have made custom themes in the past for WiiFlow and I can totally appreciate the insane amount of work you put into this! It is by FAR the most beautiful thing to be created for Wii. Thanks so much for all the time you put into this :D

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update v1.0a
-updated folder structure: added the missing source_menu parent folder for Rhapsodii Shima.
-updated 'Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.txt'.

I've just found a stupid mistake I did in my previous release. The folder structure for source menu was wrong.
For old Rhapsodii Shima 2.0 users it could have not been an issue, but for new users it would have been all broken.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey buddy o' pal. I downloaded and tried out your theme. I gotta say it looks awesome! you really put a lot of time into it.

but there is a small issue with the zip file. the Rhapsodii Shima folder needs to be in source_menu folder so that your source menu's and images will go in wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima.

another issue is my coding fault. When I view the hyperspin (base tier) wiiflow shows me blank covers. something to do with the covers already cached (wfc's) and the code needs to delete the old ones and update to the new ones. i haven't figured it out yet but i will.

Edit: I found the problem. I was on a tier when i switched to smallbox so cache covers worked then but the flag was cleared so when i went back to base tier the code doesn't even create the wfc files. I have a temporary solution but I'm working on a better one now.

also thinking we need to add smallbox and flat covers to the general section of the source menu ini since my default source menu uses large covers and yours uses small covers.

Last edited by fledge68,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey buddy o' pal. I downloaded and tried out your theme. I gotta say it looks awesome! you really put a lot of time into it.

but there is a small issue with the zip file. the Rhapsodii Shima folder needs to be in source_menu folder so that your source menu's and images will go in wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima.

another issue is my coding fault. When I view the hyperspin (base tier) wiiflow shows me blank covers. something to do with the covers already cached (wfc's) and the code needs to delete the old ones and update to the new ones. i haven't figured it out yet but i will.

Edit: I found the problem. I was on a tier when i switched to smallbox so cache covers worked then but the flag was cleared so when i went back to base tier the code doesn't even create the wfc files. I have a temporary solution but I'm working on a better one now.

also thinking we need to add smallbox and flat covers to the general section of the source menu ini since my default source menu uses large covers and yours uses small covers.
Thanks Fledge68. That was exactly the main reason for the 1.0a update, but I just forgot to update the download link in the OP, fixed now.

About the other issue, yes it seems that wf5.4.0 cannot recreate the cache. I've added some games and covers and I had to temporarily use 5.2.0 to create the cache for them and then overwrite 5.4.0 again

Reactions: Alexander1970

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your cache cover issue is different than the one i was referring to. but I have fixed the cache cover issue i was having. i'm making some more minor adjustments before i release a beta.

as for your theme. I have one more minor issue. your hover button sound is the same as your click sound. Did you design it that way?
for example:

HOME/EXIT_TO]
click_sound=
color=#FFFFFFFF
effect_scale_x=0
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=300
effect_y=0
elmstyle=
font=
font_line_height=0
font_size=0
font_weight=0
height=48
hover_sound=click.wav

Reactions: Alexander1970

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, it was designed that way. Well, tbh initially I tried to use the survol.wav as hover sound, but it wasn't working. For some strange reason no sound could be heard if I used that wav.
But after realizing that the click sound is used in the official wii menu as a hover sound, I decided to use it too. But yes, maybe I should find another sound for click_sound

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it was designed that way. Well, tbh initially I tried to use the survol.wav as hover sound, but it wasn't working. For some strange reason no sound could be heard if I used that wav.
But after realizing that the click sound is used in the official wii menu as a hover sound, I decided to use it too. But yes, maybe I should find another sound for click_sound
no big deal buddy, i was just nit picking. its fine the way it is.

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

KaiFun4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
There are missing buttons in consoles and handhelds ini. Sega CD, MS, SG and GG are all gone :(

Edit: I noticed there is a Rhapsodii Shima folder on the root of source menu. Should i edit there instead? I messed with some settings in consoles ini on the root of source menu already lol.

Last edited by KaiFun4Ever,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are missing buttons in consoles and handhelds ini. Sega CD, MS, SG and GG are all gone :(

Edit: I noticed there is a Rhapsodii Shima folder on the root of source menu. Should i edit there instead? I messed with some settings in consoles ini on the root of source menu already lol.
Yes it has changed to source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima. This way there are no more conflicts with other themes

Reactions: KaiFun4Ever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse