Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

ukigh4ie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The release notes of WiiFlow Lite 5.5.4 state

all settings menu's now use the same labels and buttons. the text is just changed. keeps theme ini smaller and easier to maintain. need updated rhapsodii shima theme ini.

What does that mean exactly? What needs to be changed and how? Has anyone perhaps already done this?

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ukigh4ie2 I will soon release an update (and a surprise, don't forget!). I'm just adding some final touches...
Fledge changed the way WF manages menu buttons and labels so that, for future updates, it will be easier to update the theme. Previously all of them were treated like individual elements, so it was a pain to change them if he decided to organize the menus differently.
Now they have only one entry, regardless of the page they are located.

Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4 + SDTV reveal

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SURPRISE REVEAL!!

Two Rhapsodii Shima updates:
In addition to the long awaited Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4 update, today I announce that a little sister is born in the Rhapsodii Shima family!
I proudly present to you...
Rhapsodii Shima SDTV!
This is the same Rhapsodii Shima you all know, but in 4:3 aspect ratio.
Rhapsodii Shima and Rhapsodii Shima SDTV are two fully separate themes. They can be installed side by side without any conflicts, so you can switch between them whenever you want.

Download links in the OP

A few screenshots to show some new features
Sharper images:
Oct-01-2023-21h09m43s.png Oct-01-2023-21h13m07s.png Oct-01-2023-21h10m42s.png Oct-01-2023-21h13m28s.png Oct-01-2023-21h12m13s.png

Renewed coverflows
Oct-01-2023-21h04m57s.png Oct-01-2023-21h03m38s.png Oct-01-2023-21h03m53s.png Oct-01-2023-21h10m19s.png

Regional consoles updated support
Oct-01-2023-21h02m48s.png Oct-01-2023-21h00m58s.png Oct-01-2023-21h01m35s.png Oct-01-2023-21h01m50s.png

[PROS]
  • Sharper images (they don't need to be scaled)
  • Can be finally used on CRT's
  • Optimal if you mostly play retro games and you're tired to always switch your TV's aspect ratio
  • Database images are finally no more distorted
[CONS]
  • Not ideal if you mostly play Wii games in 16:9

[LONG STORY ALERT!]
This is the version I wanted to do for so long, but never had the time to because, despite being so similar, it required a complete redesign of the entire theme and ALL of the images used for backgrounds and buttons, and we're talking about a lot of images.
As you may know, the Wii doesn't have a real 16:9 mode, it's an 'anamorphic 16:9', meaning that the resolution is still 640x480
(4:3), then stretched to 720x480 (16:9) to fill the screen.
So, every image for 'normal' Rhapsodii Shima, has to be originally created in 720x480 and then shrunk to 640x480, so that proportions return back to normal when the image is finally stretched to 16:9 by the Wii.
In the SDTV version there is no image scaling, so every image is created and outputted at 640x480. This means that that almost all the images had to be redone.
Over the years I've lost many source images at their original resolutions and simply stretching the final images would only produced a noticeable loss of quality. So I had no other choice than to start from scratch.

Why Rhapsodii Shima SDTV is important to me?
As I said, the Wii isn't really an HD console, with its fake 16:9 support. When the Wii came out HD televisions already existed, but they were not the standard, which still was 4:3.
In 4:3 mode, the Wii outputs a 640x480 resolution
In 16:9 mode, the Wii still outputs a 640x480 resolution, stretched back to 720x480.
In order to avoid distortion in 16:9 mode, the starting 640x480 image must be a shrunken image, then the Wii stretches it back to 16:9, regaining the correct proportions (but losing detail and adding blurriness).
You will immediately notice images are sharper when the Wii is set in 4:3 mode, compared to 16:9, because 640x480 it's the Wii's native resolution, so images are not subjected to any scaling process.

Another important feature of the Wii is the ability to be used in 240p on CRT televisions, which is pure heaven for retro games lovers. Now Rhapsodii Shima can be properly viewed on CRT TV's too.

But this theme is not restricted to CRT TV's owners only, even people with widescreen TV's may have some reason to use it. In fact, apart from Wii games, ALL the other games you can play on the Wii are intended to be played in 4:3.
In my case, I was tired of constantly having to switch aspect ratio on my TV whenever I wanted to play a game (99% of the times I don't play Wii games) and not all the emulators can be configured with a correct 4:3 aspect ratio, when you're in widescreen mode.
In addition, most of the database images are in 4:3 aspect ratio (snaps and cartbox), so they are no more distorted with RS SDTV.
In fact, even if I don't own a CRT TV, Rapsodii Shima SDTV quickly became my personal choice.

Read carefully the included .txt files to set it up, links on the OP.

Edit: added some information for clarity
Edit 2: reorganized post

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excellent, thank you very much. I'm already testing it and it's going perfect.
Thank you for appreciation. I'd be curious to see it in action on a real CRT, expecially regarding overscan. My widescreen tv has some top and bottom overscan, so that shouldn't be an issue, but being wider than 4:3 it lacks left and right overscan, so I don't know how much of the screen is being cropped on a real CRT. I hope not so much. If some lucky CRT owner could post some photos of the theme in action I would appreciate it very much!

ukigh4ie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Plus, over the years I've lost many source images at their original resolutions and strething them produced a noticeable loss of quality. So I had no other choice than to start from scratch.
Thank you for the long awaited update.

I am in the process of adding it to my existing installation. Unfortunately, some devices/images are not included.

Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: BOOKMARKS.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: C64D.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: LEDHEAD.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: MOVIES.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: MUSIC.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: Megadrive US (rename to MEGADRIVE).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: NDS.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: NEOGEOCD.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: NES JAP (rename to NES).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: Nes Jap (rename to NES).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: PCENGINE USA (rename to PCENGINE).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: PCENGINECD USA (rename to PCENGINECD).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: PHOTOS.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: PICO8.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: POKEMINI.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: SEGADREAMCAST.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: SEGASATURN.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: SUPERNES PAL (rename to SUPERNES).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: SUPERNES_MSU1.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: Supernes PAL (rename to SUPERNES).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: Supernes US (rename to SUPERNES).png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: TIC80.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: TURBODUO.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: TURBOGRAFX.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima: openBOR.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: Commodore-demo.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: Internet2.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: MPlayer.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: Music.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: Neo-Geo_CD.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: Nintendo_DS.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: O2EM.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: PICO8.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: SNES_MSU1.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: Sega_Saturn.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/backgrounds: tier-media.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: ledhead.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: media.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: photo.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima: pokemon_mini.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: Blank.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: MPlayer.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: Neo-Geo_CD.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: PICO8.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: bookmarks.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: commodore-demo.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: ledhead.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: media.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: music.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: photos.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: pokemon_mini.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: sega_dreamcast.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: sega_saturn.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/small_covers: snes_msu1.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/themes_lite/Rhapsodii Shima: btninfo.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/themes_lite/Rhapsodii Shima: btninfos.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/themes_lite/Rhapsodii Shima: butfull.png
Only in Rhapsodii Shima 5.4.9/COPY TO ROOT/wiiflow/themes_lite/Rhapsodii Shima: butsfull.png

What should I do? Take over the missing ones from the old installation?

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ukigh4ie2 most of the images you mention were never a part of Rhapsodii Shima (music, movies, media, internet, photos, commodore demo, saturn, dreamcast (seriously ???), Mplayer, pokemon mini, Neo Geo CD, Pico8).
Maybe someone created them in my absence, but I won't add "official" support fot them.
NDS is removed because it's basically not usable.
Some other images that I removed were leftovers , not used anywhere by the theme (btninfo, btninfos, butfull, butfulls, O2EM).
The rest of the images you mention were simply renamed, so they are all there (e.g. Turbografx was renamed to PC Engine USA)

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Amazing work @Tetsuo Shima everything seems to be working smoothly :)
Also great work on the visual improvements of the theme, it looks stunning!

Is it also possible to disable certain animations from cover transitions?
For example "pc engine" covers spin 360 degrees during transition.

Last edited by mcfry666,
Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Amazing work @Tetsuo Shima everything seems to be working smoothly :)
Also great work on the visual improvements of the theme, it looks stunning!

Is it also possible to disable certain animations from cover transitions?
For example "pc engine" covers spin 360 degrees during transition.
Thanks McFry!
Yes it's always possible to change it.
You can use "adjust coverflows" --> cover angle (left/right=0) , but mind that with my theme Wiiflow tends to go out of memory easily when you use adjust coverflow, so you'll have to reboot wiiflow after you save
There's another method which is quicker IMO, you can edit wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/Rhapsodii Shima.ini (or SDTV if you use that). Find [CD_CASE_1] then change these lines:
left_angle=0, 90, 360
right_angle=0, 90, -360
to:
left_angle=0, 90, 0
right_angle=0, 90, 0

Reactions: mcfry666

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SURPRISE REVEAL DAY!!
I honestly wanted a 4:3 version preciselly because I liked the sharper 4:3 native ratio of the wii.
Anamorphic made sense for games that do show more game surface in widescreen, but for retro games it is unnecessary specially in face of blurry pixels.
Being able to keep everything in that ratio is great news! just for the sharper pixels in my HD screen.
Plus, this further gives me an excuse to get a CRT in facebook market place, I have been finding ludicrously cheap offers lately.

Thanks again Tetsuo!
All my due respect to your amazing modding legacy!

JamilSmith84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ukigh4ie2 I will soon release an update (and a surprise, don't forget!). I'm just adding some final touches...
Fledge changed the way WF manages menu buttons and labels so that, for future updates, it will be easier to update the theme. Previously all of them were treated like individual elements, so it was a pain to change them if he decided to organize the menus differently.
Now they have only one entry, regardless of the page they are locat
Post automatically merged:

I honestly wanted a 4:3 version preciselly because I liked the sharper 4:3 native ratio of the wii.
Anamorphic made sense for games that do show more game surface in widescreen, but for retro games it is unnecessary specially in face of blurry pixels.
Being able to keep everything in that ratio is great news! just for the sharper pixels in my HD screen.
Plus, this further gives me an excuse to get a CRT in facebook market place, I have been finding ludicrously cheap offers lately.

Thanks again Tetsuo!
All my due respect to your amazing modding legacy!
Hello, sorry to be a bother but i have 5.54 SDTV running and its running well but i cannot seem to figure out how to change the orientation of the box covers for n64, im running not 64, they are all showing but flipped sideways, is there a fix for this?

SURPRISE REVEAL DAY!!

In addition to the long awaited Rhapsodii Shima 5.5.4 update, today I announce that a little sister is born in the Rhapsodii Shima family!
Rhapsodii Shima SDTV!
This is the same Rhapsodii Shima you all know and love, but in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Rhapsodii Shima and Rhapsodii Shima SDTV are two fully separate themes. They can be installed side by side without any conflicts, so you can switch between them whenever you want.

This is the version I wanted to do for so long, but never had the time to. The reason behind this is because it required a complete redesign of the theme and of ALL the images used for backgrounds and buttons, and that's a lot of work.
Why, I hear you asking? As you may know, the Wii hasn't a real 16:9 mode, it's anamorphic 16:9 meaning that resolution is still 640x480.
So, all Rhapsodii Shima images intended for 16:9 had to be created with a width of 800 pixels and then shrinked to 640 pixels. Plus, over the years I've lost many source images at their original resolutions and strething them produced a noticeable loss of quality. So I had no other choice than to start from scratch.

As I said, the Wii isn't really an HD console, with its fake 16:9 support. When the Wii came out HD televisions already existed, but they were nowhere near the standard, which still was 4:3.
In 16:9 mode, the Wii outputs a 640x480 resolution. In order to avoid distortion, the 16:9 image is at first shrinked to 640x480, then the Wii stretches it back to 16:9, filling the screen but losing detail.
You will immediately notice images are sharper in the SDTV 4:3 version, compared to 16:9 images, because they are at the native resolution, and not shrinked and stretched.

Another important feature of the Wii is the ability to be used in 240p on CRT televisions, which is pure heaven for retro games lovers. Now Rhapsodii Shima can be properly viewed on CRT TV's too.

But this theme is not restricted to CRT TV's owners only, even people with widescreen TV's will have some reason to use it. In fact, apart from Wii games, ALL the other games you can play on the Wii are intended to be played in 4:3.
In my case, I was tired of constantly having to switch aspect ratio on my TV whenever I wanted to play a game (99% of the times I don't play Wii games) and not all the emulators can be configured with a correct 4:3 aspect ratio, when you're in widescreen mode.
In addition, most of the database images are in 4:3 aspect ratio (snaps and cartbox), so they are no more distorted with RS SDTV.
In fact, even if I don't own a CRT TV, Rapsodii Shima SDTV quickly became my favourite version.

A few screenshot to show you some new features

Sharper images:
View attachment 396958 View attachment 396959 View attachment 396960 View attachment 396973 View attachment 396974

Renewed coverflows
View attachment 396964 View attachment 396965 View attachment 396967 View attachment 396963

View attachment 396968 View attachment 396970 View attachment 396971 View attachment 396972

Hello, sorry to be a bother but i have 5.54 SDTV running and its running well but i cannot seem to figure out how to change the orientation of the box covers for n64, im running not 64, they are all showing but flipped sideways, is there a fix for this?

SURPRISE REVEAL DAY!!

Rhapsodii Shima SDTV!
This is the same Rhapsodii Shima you all know and love, but in 4:3 aspect ratio.

This is the version I wanted to do for so long, but never had the time to. The reason behind this is because it required a complete redesign of the theme and of ALL the images used for backgrounds and buttons, and that's a lot of work.
Why, I hear you asking? As you may know, the Wii hasn't a real 16:9 mode, it's anamorphic 16:9 meaning that resolution is still 640x480.
So, all Rhapsodii Shima images intended for 16:9 had to be created with a width of 800 pixels and then shrinked to 640 pixels. Plus, over the years I've lost many source images at their original resolutions and strething them produced a noticeable loss of quality. So I had no other choice than to start from scratch.

As I said, the Wii isn't really an HD console, with its fake 16:9 support. When the Wii came out HD televisions already existed, but they were nowhere near the standard, which still was 4:3.
In 16:9 mode, the Wii outputs a 640x480 resolution. In order to avoid distortion, the 16:9 image is at first shrinked to 640x480, then the Wii stretches it back to 16:9, filling the screen but losing detail.
You will immediately notice images are sharper in the SDTV 4:3 version, compared to 16:9 images, because they are at the native resolution, and not shrinked and stretched.

But this theme is not restricted to CRT TV's owners only, even people with widescreen TV's will have some reason to use it. In fact, apart from Wii games, ALL the other games you can play on the Wii are intended to be played in 4:3.
In fact, even if I don't own a CRT TV, Rapsodii Shima SDTV quickly became my favourite version.

Sharper images:
View attachment 396958 View attachment 396959 View attachment 396960 View attachment 396973 View attachment 396974

Renewed coverflows
View attachment 396964 View attachment 396965 View attachment 396967 View attachment 396963

View attachment 396968 View attachment 396970 View attachment 396971 View attachment 396972

Actually i fured it out, thank you

Last edited by JamilSmith84,

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Check out "adjust coverflows" in settings for the orientation of the box covers.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Hi and welcome to the Gbatemp forums.
Do you just want to rotate them, or are you trying to use the standard format for the vertical set?.
In the 1st case you can do as @mcfry666 suggested.
In the 2nd case you can just edit platform.ini and change:
N64=snescart_box
to
N64=_coverflow

I will add a secondary mode for the vertical set in the next Rhapsodii Shima version

psicotron3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SURPRISE REVEAL DAY!!

Rhapsodii Shima SDTV!

Sharper images:

Renewed coverflows

I was using your theme on a CRT tv for a while and it was already great.

Now with 4:3 it's much better, there was a great improvement on sharpness of the images.

Thank you!

JamilSmith84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you just want to rotate them, or are you trying to use the standard format for the vertical set?.
N64=snescart_box
to
N64=_coverflow

I will add a secondary mode for the vertical set in the next Rhapsodii Shima version
Thank you
N64=snescart_box
to
N64=_coverflow

z
N64=snescart_box
to
N64=_coverflow

ths me this worked but then all of a sudden this evening when I got in to jam my source menu switched to a tile display and with small box set to on and box mode set to off as written in the manual I am unable ti get the wheel back which is my fav, personally I think it’s the cleanest. Do I need to reinstall the theme? Seems to be broke. On my system, I’ve tried everything and can’t get it to flip back, oh yeah n64 games have flipped back on the side as well

Check out "adjust coverflows" in settings for the orientation of the box covers.
Have flipped again which option within the adjust cover flow tab actually flips the covers? I’m not seeing an orientation flip

Thank you

z

ths me this worked but then all of a sudden this evening when I got in to jam my source menu switched to a tile display and with small box set to on and box mode set to off as written in the manual I am unable ti get the wheel back which is my fav, personally I think it’s the cleanest. Do I need to reinstall the theme? Seems to be broke. On my system, I’ve tried everything and can’t get it to flip back, oh yeah n64 games have flipped back on the side as well

Have flipped again which option within the adjust cover flow tab actually flips the covers? I’m not seeing an orientation flip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 72206122927__CF5195AC-8873-43E9-AAFE-E28F7074E09C.MOV
    14.7 MB
Last edited by JamilSmith84,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you

z

Seems like your coverflows have been all messed up. At this point the quickest thing to do would be reinstalling the whole theme, or at least the coverflows (wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/Rhapsodii Shima.ini) and platform.ini.

JamilSmith84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like your coverflows have been all messed up. At this point the quickest thing to do would be reinstalling the whole theme, or at least the coverflows (wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/Rhapsodii Shima.ini) and platform.ini.
I will try this today! Thank you for your support and creating such an awesome theme!

robbie_ocean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a template, you can use these two layers.
Put your image between these two, with template 0 in the background and template 1 on the foreground.
They already have the correct transparency level.
Hey Tetsuo, first off thank you so much for your contributions, I love the theme! I was wondering if you happened to have more of these layer templates? Specifically the source menu buttons, I've made a few custom categories and it bugs me that my images aren't underneath the shading or 'sheen' like the others if that makes sense. I would just make all custom images but I like the theme as is and want my modifications to look like they've always been there.

Also while I'm here, I've been able to figure out most things myself, but I'm banging my head against a wall when it comes to sorting by button numbers. I'm running rhapsodii shima 5.5.4 SDTV and when I try to sort by numbers, it shows the caption 'Sort by button numbers' but it's still in alphabetical order. I've been able to get around this by just changing the titles so it sorts in the order I want, but this isn't ideal when the titles are displayed.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated wiiflow lite to 5.5.4 and the theme and it looks great but I can’t load GameCube games with the theme installed it just goes to a black screen. Once I take it off and use the default theme it works.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@robbie_ocean yes, in the latest WF version I notice that sort is not working like before. I'll try to search among my source files and will post later the button templates. You need the one with the rounded corners, right?

@Powerful when you use a theme, wiiflow will use the source menu associated with that theme.
In your source_menu folder try to compare the sections with the GC buttons between the default source menu and the RS source menu, I bet there's something different

Reactions: Powerful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto