Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@robbie_ocean yes, in the latest WF version I notice that sort is not working like before. I'll try to search among my source files and will post later the button templates. You need the one with the rounded corners, right?

@Powerful when you use a theme, wiiflow will use the source menu associated with that theme.
In your source_menu folder try to compare the sections with the GC buttons between the default source menu and the RS source menu, I bet there's something different
So that’s maybe the issue I am not sure so I looked at the folder and all I have in the source_menu is this theme. Other than that I have plain default wiiflow lite as is downloaded all the files from open homebrew browser then added this theme. Do I need to add anything? Also as a note that might be important is this didn’t happen on the other versions before the latest update of wiiflow

Last edited by Powerful,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@robbie_ocean and anyone interested:
Here I attach the template for the wheel buttons.
It's made with Gimp, I don't know if you can open it with other programs too.
(btw RS was entirely made with open source software)
A few words of warning: Rhapsodii Shima is almost as big as it can be. There's not so much free Wii memory left with it.
The more buttons and backgrounds are added, the more glitches will start to happen in the theme, until some parts will totally disappear, forcing a reboot.
If that should happen, I suggest you to remove the platforms you know you'll never use (I'm sure there are plenty), to reduce the number of images to be loaded. Compressing the images will also help (or better, it's a must), but I'm not very expert about it.

@Powerful Very strange, it's the first time I hear about this issue, the GC button in wii_menu.ini has nothing special inside, it's just the standard GC button. I just tried to launch a GC game and it works.
So, in your 'wiiflow/source_menu' folder you only have a 'Rhapsodii Shima' folder and nothing else?
When you switch to the default theme, how do you access GC games? You should see no buttons if there's no source menu .ini file.

Attachments

• wheel buttons template.zip
    119 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
Reactions: robbie_ocean

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@robbie_ocean and anyone interested:
Here I attach the template for the wheel buttons.
It's made with Gimp, I don't know if you can open it with other programs too.
(btw RS was entirely made with open source software)
A few words of warning: Rhapsodii Shima is almost as big as it can be. There's not so much free Wii memory left with it.
The more buttons and backgrounds are added, the more glitches will start to happen in the theme, until some parts will totally disappear, forcing a reboot.
If that should happen, I suggest you to remove the platforms you know you'll never use (I'm sure there are plenty), to reduce the number of images to be loaded. Compressing the images will also help (or better, it's a must), but I'm not very expert about it.

@Powerful Very strange, it's the first time I hear about this issue, the GC button in wii_menu.ini has nothing special inside, it's just the standard GC button. I just tried to launch a GC game and it works.
So, in your 'wiiflow/source_menu' folder you only have a 'Rhapsodii Shima' folder and nothing else?
When you switch to the default theme, how do you access GC games? You should see no buttons if there's no source menu .ini file.
Yes that is exactly correct only the Rhapsodii Shima folder is there. Like I said it only happened after the latest update. I use Nintendont MMMod latest version. The games all show up and the buttons all work, it’s literally just where I select a game and then it just black screens and stays there forever. It’ll never launch the game. I’ve tried messing with settings on wiiflow and nintendont, even reinstalling wiiflow lite completely and redoing settings slowly to see what works but still no luck even turning everything on and off. I really don’t understand how that is even preventing only GameCube games from loading but something is. Only way I can load the games is if I use the default theme it comes with on 5.5.4.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really have no clue. Maybe it's worth posting this issue in the Wiiflow thread.
With 5.5.4 I cannot reproduce this issue.
did you already try to look in GC settings, partition settings, or reloading cache?

Reactions: Powerful

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Tetsuo Shima is there a way to check the memory usage on wiiflow lite? I have some occasional freezes/glitches but that's likely because i added some extra systems/categories and a ton of roms/covers. Ive seen other RS users compress or change the dimensions (half the size) of the covers or artwork too reduce memory usage (i assume) or space. If you have any tips for optimizing ram usage that would be much appriciated :)

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really have no clue. Maybe it's worth posting this issue in the Wiiflow thread.
With 5.5.4 I cannot reproduce this issue.
did you already try to look in GC settings, partition settings, or reloading cache?
I am quite confused too, yes I tried looking into it but idk either I’ll report it and see if fledge finds anything or anyone else.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
(placeholder)

Hey Tetsuo!
Happy New Year!

I finally found an SDTV Phillips CRT with Composite ports today, for 30 dollars!
And will finally be able use this Rhapsodi Shiima SD!

But I have a doubt... do my regular Rhapsodi Shiima boxcovers work fine? Or do I need a resized pack? Will I have to resize the custom covers I made?
Are the folder locations for the previews and ROMs the same and shared between Rhapsodi Shiima versions? Does the Shima SD version CACHE the correct cover size from the covers I already have?

Thank You Tetsuo!
I am so happy for finally giving this pack a go!

Last edited by popckorn,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey Tetsuo!
Happy New Year!

I finally found an SDTV Phillips CRT with Composite ports today, for 30 dollars!
And will finally be able use this Rhapsodi Shiima SD!

But I have a doubt... do my regular Rhapsodi Shiima boxcovers work fine? Or do I need a resized pack? Will I have to resize the custom covers I made?
Are the folder locations for the previews and ROMs the same and shared between Rhapsodi Shiima versions? Does the Shima SD version CACHE the correct cover size from the covers I already have?

Thank You Tetsuo!
I am so happy for finally giving this pack a go
No difference in folders paths. No need to resize covers as far as I can tell.
Let me know how it shows up, I have no CRT and I'm curious expecially about overscan. Post a shot if you can

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No difference in folders paths. No need to resize covers as far as I can tell.
Let me know how it shows up, I have no CRT and I'm curious expecially about overscan. Post a shot if you can
Everything worked AMAZINGLY!
Nothing but drag and drop folders (merge/overwrite) from the SD zip package to my SD/USB.
All the same paths and presets were kept.

I seized the opportunity to update WiiFlow Lite (following the disclaimer in yellow in the first post of this thread) and the PlugIns 2023 pack... Everything is working amazingly and looks SUPERB

Before doing this I tried the standard Widescreen Rhapsodii Shima with my 4:3 CRT and it looked nice but was all cropped and it had a bunch of rough edges and wrong icons that gave away the illusion of seamlessness (the wheel for example). So I can imagine how frustrating it were for CRT users to want to use Shima before.

I honestly ONLY DECIDED TO GET A CRT after you uploaded the Rhapsodii Shima SD pack, that was the final straw, I already wanted a CRT but I would also want to use Rhapsodii Shima. Now I have a dedicated 27" CRT for my Wii (Retro Games / Wii/ GCN/ Anime / Retro Series)

This is a WORK OF ART.
You are a living legend Tetsuo, I thank you wholeheartedly.

I am far from rich, but I feel wealthy being able to procure all these accessible retro components (cheap in Mexico, the True Flat 27" CRT was 30 USD) and fiddle with them until I get this SUPER PERSONALIZED, OPTIMIZED, and PERFECTED retro-experience.

Once again:
MUCH OBLIGED, King!

Attachments

• IMG_20240108_092639.jpg
    IMG_20240108_092639.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240108_092713.jpg
    IMG_20240108_092713.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240108_092745.jpg
    IMG_20240108_092745.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240108_092754.jpg
    IMG_20240108_092754.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tetsuo, I have a new question, lel.
I have been following the WiiStation thread everyday, it is fascinating to learn about the project just by reading the thread and trying to understand the updates discussed...

The thing is I got very confused when it came to updating the built .dol file.
Just a couple of days a new .dol file was built, and I know I can simply replace the old one with it...
thing is..

I am confused, which of the three version available at:
SD:\wiiflow\plugins\PlayStation
should i replace?

There is a .dol file inside the following folders: WiiStation, Wiistation Lightrec, and WiiSX_RX.
or should I replace it somewhere else?

Also, some of those folders also have a configuration file alongside the .dol, and I have read that it might be wise to delete the configuration as well... but I am hesitant because people mentioned the two "settings.cfg and settings2022.cfg" files in SD:/Wiisxrx

What would you recommend me proceeding with?
As of now I will keep your plug in "as is" until I have proper confirmation as to how to proceed, I do not want to break you superb WiiFlow pack.

(I do have a backup of the SD, so I can afford to make mistakes, so do not worry if you must go through trial and error)

Much Obliged,
Respectfully,
Mikhail

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey popkorn, I believe you talk about the version in Saulfabreg 's thread. In that case it's the lightrec version.
I don't play with it from quite some time, so I don't remember exactly which cfg files you should delete, I'm sorry. Since you have backups I would tell you to delete them all, start the new version so new cfg files are created, then take note to where they are and how they're named. Finally, you can put the others back from your backups.
I hope that helps

Reactions: popckorn

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you!

I am not sure if it is worth updating now, because I see they are working hard in that thread to identify and fix some bugs, and I do not know whether those bugs are introduced by the update.
I am not sure the cutting edge is the best version I would need when the plug-in pack is very stable to me.

Which reminds me, my question is regarding the Plug-In Megapack, and not Rhapsodii Shima, lol.

Thank you for your patience and time, Tetsuo!

Much Love and Respect,
No Homo
Mikhail
KEK
xD

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you!

I am not sure if it is worth updating now, because I see they are working hard in that thread to identify and fix some bugs, and I do not know whether those bugs are introduced by the update.
I am not sure the cutting edge is the best version I would need when the plug-in pack is very stable to me.

Which reminds me, my question is regarding the Plug-In Megapack, and not Rhapsodii Shima, lol.

Thank you for your patience and time, Tetsuo!

Much Love and Respect,
No Homo
Mikhail
KEK
xD
Don't worry. Wiistation is progressing day by day, but there's always a few games that are not perfect, based on what is reported on that thread. I usually update whenever there's a fix for a particular game I want to play, but most of the time the fixes are for games I have no interest for. However I've read very good reports for the latest version so maybe it's worth giving a try.

EaseHisPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change from the purple hues to another color? I know you mentioned building on your work, unfortunately, this is not my strong suit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto