Homebrew [Project] SoulAnger's MENUdo

Status
Not open for further replies.

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really dun see how anything can beat AKAIO for Acekard2..

It's patching is the best, functionality is very well integrated with the UI, etc. If menudo isn't based off the AKAIO loader, I don't think many will use it on their AK...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Normmatt said:
How can a firmware beat AKAIO IF it doesnt even do its own game patching? AKAIO wins!
OMG, I created a little fight
blink.gif
. Sorry, the last thing I wanted is to create something like that...sorry again
frown.gif

I only wanted to say with that, from what I saw and know until now (Important), AKAIO is damm stable, and MENUdo has some nice Graphics/Effects. It's a fight between Look/Interface (although the AKAIO look is also very nice) and stability, if it would be for the Acekard. But I think we all know nothing about the stability of MENUdo (except the Beta-Testers), so it's still to early to compare. Both are great projects, which can co-exists without problem...Let's wait and see what happens, what Card/Bootloader/whatever will be used, before we compare...we even don''t know if it's realy AceKard...

Sorry again for starting that fight...excuse me
frown.gif

~Blue-K

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Blue-K said:
Normmatt said:
How can a firmware beat AKAIO IF it doesnt even do its own game patching? AKAIO wins!
OMG, I created a little fight
blink.gif
. Sorry, the last thing I wanted is to create something like that...sorry again
frown.gif

I only wanted to say with that, from what I saw and know until now (Important), AKAIO is damm stable, and MENUdo has some nice Graphics/Effects. It's a fight between Look/Interface (although the AKAIO look is also very nice) and stability, if it would be for the Acekard. But I think we all know nothing about the stability of MENUdo (except the Beta-Testers), so it's still to early to compare. Both are great projects, which can co-exists without problem...Let's wait and see what happens, what Card/Bootloader/whatever will be used, before we compare...we even don''t know if it's realy AceKard...

Sorry again for starting that fight...excuse me
frown.gif

~Blue-K

There is no fight. I still think this is an elaborate april fools joke.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Vague Rant said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Totally agree. If anyone leaked it, I will personally punch that person in the face. SoulAnger has worked far too hard to have someone just expose it like that. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would buy the flashcart that has MENUdo as the firmware just because it's that good.
We may be pirates but at least we should have respect for the people that truly work hard and whose efforts need to be rewarded.
Pff, this is bullshit. "SoulAnger has worked far too hard"? He's just some kid with PAlib. Sure, he's put more effort into this than the average PAlib project, but do you think he's put the same amount of effort into it as someone who's 9-5 job is to work on developing a game? Why don't those people deserve our respect? Because they don't post on GBAtemp? Because they work for companies instead of working in their bedrooms? If you don't respect professional developers enough to pay for their effort, then it's massively hypocritical to say you respect SoulAnger for his undoubtedly lesser effort.

Besides which, how the hell do you know that "MENUdo" is "just that good"? Because SoulAnger says so? Because a bunch of people in this topic who also haven't used it say so? Because other PAlib programmers say so? There's so much wrong with this topic and my one post doesn't begin to counteract it, but I can't help but ask that people just put that least amount of thought into their actions. MENUdo looks pretty good for a PAlib project, but a) precious few of us can say from first-hand experience whether it's any good, and b) it's still just some guy's PAlib project, except he's charging money for it. I'm sure plenty of homebrew authors would appreciate donations, but because they don't actively put a price tag on their work, none of you are interested in giving them money, any more than you're interested in giving professional developers your money.

agreed, this guy is a fucking retard. Why does SoulAnger deserve to be rewarded, whereas the companies who bring you quality games not. You are a hypocrite and a filthy liar who is fooling yourself into believing that you are "righteous", GTFO.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Kingfield said:
Vague Rant said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Totally agree. If anyone leaked it, I will personally punch that person in the face. SoulAnger has worked far too hard to have someone just expose it like that. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would buy the flashcart that has MENUdo as the firmware just because it's that good.
We may be pirates but at least we should have respect for the people that truly work hard and whose efforts need to be rewarded.
Pff, this is bullshit. "SoulAnger has worked far too hard"? He's just some kid with PAlib. Sure, he's put more effort into this than the average PAlib project, but do you think he's put the same amount of effort into it as someone who's 9-5 job is to work on developing a game? Why don't those people deserve our respect? Because they don't post on GBAtemp? Because they work for companies instead of working in their bedrooms? If you don't respect professional developers enough to pay for their effort, then it's massively hypocritical to say you respect SoulAnger for his undoubtedly lesser effort.

Besides which, how the hell do you know that "MENUdo" is "just that good"? Because SoulAnger says so? Because a bunch of people in this topic who also haven't used it say so? Because other PAlib programmers say so? There's so much wrong with this topic and my one post doesn't begin to counteract it, but I can't help but ask that people just put that least amount of thought into their actions. MENUdo looks pretty good for a PAlib project, but a) precious few of us can say from first-hand experience whether it's any good, and b) it's still just some guy's PAlib project, except he's charging money for it. I'm sure plenty of homebrew authors would appreciate donations, but because they don't actively put a price tag on their work, none of you are interested in giving them money, any more than you're interested in giving professional developers your money.

agreed, this guy is a fucking retard. Why does SoulAnger deserve to be rewarded, whereas the companies who bring you quality games not. You are a hypocrite and a filthy liar who is fooling yourself into believing that you are "righteous", GTFO.
Hahaha. Tinytmonkeyt is a girl. FAIL.

EDIT: Crap, guy is usually interpreted as anyone in general.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be better than AKAIO because AKAIO relies on plugins for media. MENUdo will have a music and video player built in according to the first post.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Findecanno said:
This will be better than AKAIO because AKAIO relies on plugins for media. MENUdo will have a music and video player built in according to the first post.
Do you have solid proof of the existance of these music and video players?
And also, do you think MENUdo would be more capable of Moonshell 2? Even if you don't like the AKAIO interface you can use Moonshell 2 and the AKAIO loader, what's better than that?

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like AKAIO I just think It would be a good idea to have built in media players. and with moonshell the programs have to be on the root of the card or they wont load. And my only proof is what soul angler said on the first post

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
cool casey10 said:
Oh the irony, it's turned into a war between MenuDO and A.K.A.I.O here comes the fanboys...
STFU. by posting here, it means that you must also be a fanboy (at least I admit it, the M3 is the best card I own, but the AceKard 2.1 is my fav)

QUOTE(Findecanno @ May 3 2009, 02:16 PM) This will be better than AKAIO because AKAIO relies on plugins for media. MENUdo will have a music and video player built in according to the first post.
Actually, soon there will be NO plugins.
And also, menuDO uses plugins that are made differently. Notice that every part of the current firmware has a different theme? I mean, at least with plugins AKAIO maintains the same theme.
It just makes menuDO look shoddily built, "wow soulanger is so talented, look at all the different effects he put into one program!!" is all that people are saying right now. But I can say from the same evidence: "I might get it, but it looks like someone couldn't cram all these effects into the same program while maintaining a theme! DO. NOT. WANT. ANYMORE."

Right now, it would appear that the only reason people want this is cause of the appearance, but trust me, with this many effects with different themes, you will get sick of it. Kinda like how games operate these days, its about the graphics, not the gameplay.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Trolls, Why don't you leave the poor guy alone. He's working, And the proof is not just what he's said in the first post but the Coffee Sabaw Demo and the Youtube video. Do you even know how long it takes to code a good program. Everyone is getting way off topic with AKAIO. It's a hard process to code a program for any processor architecture. Besides, this project has been announced way before April Fools and if it was an April Fools joke, don't you think that would've been revealed after April 1st? IT'S MAY! GET OVER IT AND LEAVE THE POOR GUY ALONE!

EDIT: Btw, Soulanger, Keep coding... Don't let trolls that probably don't even know how long it really takes to code something and fix the bugs in said code takes......

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowEO said:
Briankealing said:
phoenix_wright_hold_it!.gif

How about we just pretend AKAIO doesn't exist in the world of MenuDo?

Problem fixed.

Good Idea. I run on a R4 anyway so AKAIO doesn't even get my usage or praise XD
Amen to that, Brian. And same to you, ShadowEO. I've got an M3 Real but I plan on buying the card MENUdo is released fully for, depending on its price of course. Besides, how can people compare MENUdo and AKAIO if they haven't experienced MENUdo firsthand? That I don't get. To you AKAIO fanboys/girls, take your MENUdo flaming elsewhere. It's not even released yet, so you can't say it won't ever compare to AKAIO.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lol, I'm not a fanboy or even a troll, I just don't see why a perfectly good project would go and sell out most of its features to a card company.
Unless its the KGBDS

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he probably needs money besides there is a free version for all of us, the commercial version is the one used on the carts. The free version contains all of the features except for Rom loading.. If you didn't know that then you haven't read most of the topic. I read and kept up with it daily before I finally registered. I've been following this topic since it's creation, in fact I was one of the guests that was on daily XD Heck I even followed this project since I saw the post on PALib

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Keeley
Commercial ROM Loading MoonShell 2? Oh where have I heard that
tongue.gif

@ShadowEO
I keep forgetting that true fact...there's a free version available for everyone, and the commercial version only has ROM loading added to it. People shouldn't be complaining about it being commercial if there is in fact a version of it that's exactly the same which just lacks a feature only a certain few NDS apps have. =o

Still can't wait for this to come out; I'm running out of things to wait for ever since SRT OG Saga: EF came out ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?