GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
spinal_cord said:
Keeley said:
DSTT menu isn't the greatest, i'm so excited for the relase xD

If you are using a DSTT the I recommend DSision2.

As for the people arguing about akaio vs menudo, just wait till the release then make up your mind.
I could never get DSision, or DSision 2 running, I really with I could.
Until I do, I'm stuck with some *snip R4menulike homebrew launcher.

Noone ever said that it was for DSTT. In fact, noone said that it was a card currently available. I mean, it could be KGB DS(who were gonna launch last year...) or someone else.

I just don't like the fact that there are too many different themes inside it, and the fact that he wants some people to pay for it. In fact, like with Moonlight, he might not even get payed after he gives them the source.
If he wants money from it, he should make external boot loader compatability (like YSmenu) and then ask for donations. I WOULD donate, but I won't pay for a firmware that doesn't maintain a single theme.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
spinal_cord said:
Keeley said:
DSTT menu isn't the greatest, i'm so excited for the relase xD

If you are using a DSTT the I recommend DSision2.

As for the people arguing about akaio vs menudo, just wait till the release then make up your mind.
I could never get DSision, or DSision 2 running, I really with I could.
Until I do, I'm stuck with some *snip R4menulike homebrew launcher.

Noone ever said that it was for DSTT. In fact, noone said that it was a card currently available. I mean, it could be KGB DS(who were gonna launch last year...) or someone else.

I just don't like the fact that there are too many different themes inside it, and the fact that he wants some people to pay for it. In fact, like with Moonlight, he might not even get payed after he gives them the source.
If he wants money from it, he should make external boot loader compatability (like YSmenu) and then ask for donations. I WOULD donate, but I won't pay for a firmware that doesn't maintain a single theme.
Spinal_Cord isn't asking for donations or anything with his external boot loader, neither is moonlight, however some people just want to feel like they've contributed more than a small
piece of software (Free Homebrew) and decide to release a Shareware or Commercial version of it too just for a company. This happens all the time, Besides those pieces of software
that are under the GPL or GNU licenses it can be sold or otherwise as long as the author wants it. It's ultimately the author's decision, NOT the user. And DSision2 is easy to setup, you just
have to copy everything to the root of the flash and DLDI patch DSision.nds not the R4 version, or anything else. Just the DSision.nds and make sure the YSMenu's ini & YSMenu itself is in the root. As for making YSMenu load on your normal Acekard... You'd have to find the reset.dat and *patch.dat for YSMenu to use then it will load your roms.

But this didn't really start out as a way to play commercial roms, that was a concept added later. It was originally a homebrew launcher with a awesome look.
In fact the original concept was a PSP/PS3 like theme.

The Coffee Sabaw Demo is here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138775 and if you look in that thread you'll see nowhere that it says or indicates anywhere
that this originally had commercial rom loading (being the demo of his original concept) Since then yes, It has had changes, Most notably the Commercial Version of it that does
include the ability to run roms, however the Free version is technically his original concept for the program with a few changes such as skins, favorites, mp3 player, etc.

Therefore, He really didn't change anything and he's not SELLING his product to anyone else but the flash cart company so really YOU don't have to pay for homebrew (Why is it people don't read the posts... It clearly states that the Free version is the one that's available to us anyway). Also with the themes... He's probably going to make the themes consistant later. And what's wrong with an inconsistant theme. It gives it a more exotic look. It isn't how the themes look in the end, it's all about the performance of the 'brew and how well it works with the cart or how well it works with other homebrews. This was just meant
to give users a fun Homebrew Launcher that was cooler among those. I don't like inconsistant themes as much as the next person but I deal with it, especially if it's an awesome homebrew.
I mean look at your homebrew apps and tell me that all the themes from your launcher to say Beup Live 0.4 are the same theme.. I have a Windows 7 Theme for my R4 Firmware but my DSorganize is iPhone themed. There is no reason that the consistancy of themes should be critical and to say they should is so hypocritical that it's not funny. In fact, for most if not all
Flashcarts out there that come with MoonShell 1.00 and the ones that now have 2.0, afaik none of them had a theme that looked exactly like the firmware or even close without the user
downloading a separate theme for it, however downloading a theme does not mean that the themes were consistant in the first place. So there, Never knock it till you actually try it! Keep knocking it and I'll continue to call you and the others that come flaming after you trolls because that's exactly what your acting like. So leave him alone and GTFO of this thread unless you have something nicer to say than "I'm not going to use this because the themes are inconsistant."

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
the only reason im lookin forward to this is becasue of the ability to view in-game footage while selecting a commercial rom.
but i guess i wont be seeing this on the free version.
guess ill have to buy the new cart.

Soulanger: can you give us a video on the in-game footage thing?
ive never seen it in any of the videos.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
the only reason im lookin forward to this is becasue of the ability to view in-game footage while selecting a commercial rom.
but i guess i wont be seeing this on the free version.
guess ill have to buy the new cart.

Soulanger: can you give us a video on the in-game footage thing?
ive never seen it in any of the videos.
its in the coffee sabaw demo vid. and you have to manually make it (or get someone to make it for you). which would take time. is this feature still present? i dont see it in the leaked vid.

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
ShadowEO said:
Briankealing said:
phoenix_wright_hold_it!.gif

How about we just pretend AKAIO doesn't exist in the world of MenuDo?

Problem fixed.

Good Idea. I run on a R4 anyway so AKAIO doesn't even get my usage or praise XD
Amen to that, Brian. And same to you, ShadowEO. I've got an M3 Real but I plan on buying the card MENUdo is released fully for, depending on its price of course. Besides, how can people compare MENUdo and AKAIO if they haven't experienced MENUdo firsthand? That I don't get. To you AKAIO fanboys/girls, take your MENUdo flaming elsewhere. It's not even released yet, so you can't say it won't ever compare to AKAIO.

then how can you say its better?
blink.gif

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
ekolimits said:
Skyline969 said:
ShadowEO said:
Briankealing said:

Problem fixed.

Amen to that, Brian. And same to you, ShadowEO. I've got an M3 Real but I plan on buying the card MENUdo is released fully for, depending on its price of course. Besides, how can people compare MENUdo and AKAIO if they haven't experienced MENUdo firsthand? That I don't get. To you AKAIO fanboys/girls, take your MENUdo flaming elsewhere. It's not even released yet, so you can't say it won't ever compare to AKAIO.

blink.gif
just thinking but "Anythings better than m3 real gui"

I dont know if thats true, but its something you could say o.o

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:
ekolimits said:
Skyline969 said:
ShadowEO said:
Briankealing said:

Problem fixed.

blink.gif
just thinking but "Anythings better than m3 real gui"

I dont know if thats true, but its something you could say o.o
All that aside Skyline's right, No one person can really say it won't ever compare to any other homebrew/loader if it hasn't been released yet. That doesn't even make sense to make comparisons before it's released, not only is it programming blasphomy it's also hypocritical because people see only the holes in the new projects and none of the many flaws that are present in their own. If they would take the analytical route and first compare the flaws in their loaders to others and I'm not just talking about looking at the changelogs people I'm talking about actually looking at the flaws from a different pov than the developers, Maybe then and only then would you be able to compare software to another.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ekolimits said:
Skyline969 said:

blink.gif
Where did I say MENUdo is better? I haven't said that anything is better, I'm just saying that you shouldn't bash something and compare it to something before it's even released.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
ekolimits said:
Skyline969 said:

blink.gif
Where did I say MENUdo is better?
You didn't...
wacko.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowEO said:
Skyline969 said:
ekolimits said:
Skyline969 said:

blink.gif
Where did I say MENUdo is better?
You didn't...
wacko.gif
Exactly.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
moonshell skinning doesnt take forever

yeah it does

it take FOREVER to optimize your skin for speed

also you need to mess around with the settings file

Is it me or does the MENUdo PSP skin thingy in the leaked vid have a broken loop in the background?

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Briankealing said:
fgghjjkll said:
moonshell skinning doesnt take forever

yeah it does

it take FOREVER to optimize your skin for speed

also you need to mess around with the settings file

Is it me or does the MENUdo PSP skin thingy in the leaked vid have a broken loop in the background?
I think I saw it too but I don't remember seeing it in the Coffee Sabaw Demo and I think the vid came first

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
just wanted to remind everybody in case they forgot. this thread is for discussing menudo, not how difficult moonshell is to skin.
that is all...

Edit: 800th post *YAY*
toot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY