1. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Even the regular Omega and probably even the supercard works for that - because you don't need to boot the GBA in download play mode (start+select to make "nintendo" disappear), but rather it's the game that has "a server" built in (while the "2003 pokemon/nintendo/creatures/ripoff company made of incompetent people" appears) :)

2. Randy Steele

Randy Steele Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just got my EZFlash Omega in the mail today. I've been getting everything ready in preparation to mod my SP with boxypixel's unhinged shell. I've been wanting to get into gb/gbc/gba modding for years and the last real time I took a crack at it in 2013 I dropped my gameboy as soon as I installed the backlight and it broke the screen. So that and the money issue has kept me from doing it. I even managed to install the the gameamp mod and speaker and it's such a massive improvement. I'm just glad that the cheaper EZFlash was perfectly fine for what I needed.

zxr750j likes this.
  3. Citizen_404

Citizen_404 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does this new flash cart still suck the juice out of batteries like the older version?

4. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Imagine if he pulled that ds out in public

hippy dave likes this.
  5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Blurb says it uses less power than the old version. Guess someone will have to run tests to see where it is on the scale between that and an original game cart.

6. Charli

Charli Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Does it run the Tyrian 2000 prototype? The Everdrive GBA X5 does not.

And how about bootleg games like this one by Vast Fame? They have some fancy copy protection and support would have to be specifically implemented I think... Would be a real surprise if it worked.

7. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    The protection will not work on any flashcart
    [​IMG]

Charli likes this.
  8. Joosh13

Joosh13 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Well there old one was unreliable garbage imo. I know some get away with it, but no matter what I did it still corrupted or lost saves. (Yes, including leaving it on for 5, 20, 100+ seconds after saving) I was going to do a drive access mod but after getting an ED I realized how much better it was and have been busy with other things.

If someone hasn't used an ED over stuff like this I recommend it is all. The extra 50 bucks was worth it, for sure.

EDIT: Oh, and the owner or whoever responds to customers doesn't seem the greatest..

Last edited by Joosh13, Mar 8, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Definitive, EZFlash, Edition