Hacking EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition Announced

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
In the New Year of 2021, we are pleased to announce the release of EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition. This product is based on the EZ-FLASH OMEGA and implements some of the functional requirements that users have made while using the EZ-FLASH OMEGA. This product will not replace the EZ-FLASH OMEGA, but will be sold in parallel as an enhanced product with upgraded features.

https://www.ezflash.cn/ez-flash-omega-definitive-edition-announced/

https://www.ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-omega-definitive-edition/

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the New Year of 2021, we are pleased to announce the release of EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition. This product is based on the EZ-FLASH OMEGA and implements some of the functional requirements that users have made while using the EZ-FLASH OMEGA. This product will not replace the EZ-FLASH OMEGA, but will be sold in parallel as an enhanced product with upgraded features.

https://www.ezflash.cn/ez-flash-omega-definitive-edition-announced/

https://www.ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-omega-definitive-edition/
Going to update dealers seaction for this product?

Reactions: enarky

kerobscure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, that's just my personal complaint, the development plans that have been set are not going to change, no EZ-FLASH TEAM person has ever guaranteed that new features will appear on an existing product, and no one has ever said they won't, time will tell.

I'm sick of people use a superior attitude to guide us to do things.

Also, dividing product features by price range is one of the things I really hate.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you for excerpting what I said.

It looks like EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition is an upgraded version of EZ-FLASH OMEGA, but the former has been completely redesigned, so it's okay to say it's a new product.

But when OMEGA was launched, it was said that OMEGA was the end of the GBA era, so the new product had to be called an OMEGA.:unsure:

You can take this excerpt and post it when I launch GBA products next time.

kerobscure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It looks like EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition is an upgraded version of EZ-FLASH OMEGA, but the former has been completely redesigned, so it's okay to say it's a new product.

But when OMEGA was launched, it was said that OMEGA was the end of the GBA era, so the new product had to be called an OMEGA.:unsure:

Yes it's a "new product", like X3, X5 and X7...

Anyway, this is a good news, this means you are still working on GBA.

Last edited by kerobscure,

KevinMX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

L M F A O
I'll remember this for sure xDDDDD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see. Got a post on the portal redirecting to here.

Copied from that as an explanation of some of the terms
Definitive edition Features said:
Using Ferroelectric RAM to keep save, absolutely safe
Dual working mode
Rumble function for GBA game and NDS game
Support GBA-DS Link Transfer
Support DS Web Browser
Support DS RAM Expansion Pack
Power Save design
Button Battery replaceable
Support 512Mb GBA movie rom
Explanation of some of those terms for the unfamiliar or those returning to such things.
FeRAM replaces the need for battery backed memory seen in earlier flash carts. The battery will however need to be there to power the real time clock but as noted is now more easily replaced. Unknown what this means for the save mode employed in the original omega.
Dual working mode presumably means (there was a more extensive Chinese list) a DS mode is available again (touch screen to launch, maybe faster operations and whatnot) where the original Omega and later editions/kernels for the EZ4 dropped such support
GBA-DS link transfer refers to those DS games that can read the GBA slot (alternative list and coverage
Rumble was previously seen in their 3 in 1 expansion pack device that became something of a standard. There are a small number of official DS games with support for the feature and some homebrew as well, it is also possible to hack a ROM to support it but it can be quite involved.
DS Web browser refers to the official web browser which used a GBA slot expansion pack to have some extra RAM (the original DS has a whole 4 megabytes).
RAM expansion pack refers to various pieces of DS homebrew that support extra RAM to enhance their functionality.
"Power save design" remains to be tested but it was a shortcoming of the Omega where it drew more power than some original carts and flash carts, though it was later improved with software updates.
The 512 movie ROM is the handful of video carts that exceeded the limit seen in all other games. for a technical explanation. Whether it will be available for homebrew (even back in the GBA era some homebrew went above it, and it could be useful for music and video itself) and ROM hacking purposes remains to be seen but it seems reasonable.

EZFlash Omega general features said:
Basic OMEGA features

GBA game copy and play, no client needed
Fast patch engine, instant game load speed, additional manual patch engine to support modified rom
Cheat
Save states
Real time clock
Sleep
Hotkey customizable
256Mb PSRAM suppot all games, instant load
512Mb Norflash, keep your favorite games
GB/GBC/NES game copy and play, compatible based on emulator
System on chip level recovery mode, prevent upgrade dead
Support FAT32/EXFAT, 4GB-128GB SD card
Firmware and kernel both are upgradable

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
For my usage, I see no reason to upgrade from my current omega, it is a flawless cart, really.

On everdrive topic I stated that and people rush to tell me that it destroys the battery, and I really dont know where that came from, because it is just not the case.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
the only thing that would really have made me consider upgrading would have been better GB/GBC support goomba is alright but i have to edit too much to get some games to work correctly. i know theres the jr. but thats another device to manage.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing that would really have made me consider upgrading would have been better GB/GBC support goomba is alright but i have to edit too much to get some games to work correctly. i know theres the jr. but thats another device to manage.
It never will get better with Goomba as the emu has not and won't be in development ever again and the Jr is awesome

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The GBA and GBA SP use a physical switch to determine if a GB(C) or a GBA cartridge is inserted. If someone were to build a flash cart that can do both GBA and native GBC, said flash cart would have to be able to press that switch. And to do that automatically, you'd probably need some kind of motor to push that GBC-mode switch from inside the cartridge...
Unless someone finds a way to trigger GBC-mode without pressing that switch, I don't think we'll see a GBA flash cart that'll run GB(C) games natively.

TheRedRacon79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the battery life compared to the everdrive x5?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How is the battery consumption compared to the everdrive or original omega.

Reactions: swutch

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
If the advertised features all work flawlessly and the PCB is high quality (that includes hard gold plating) the price is fair. But i will wait for more independent reviews first. And we will see if there is any hardware bug followed by a second revision.

Reactions: Sterophonick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over