Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could any o3ds user test the nand dumper and report if he sees a NCSD when hex editing the NAND.bin?
I think the NAND Dumper does not work correctly.
I dumped my NAND on N3DS
The NAND.bin has a size of 1.269.760kb
The NAND.bin (dumped with Gateway Launcher) has a size of 1.833.312kb

The NAND.bin dumped with PastaCFW NAND Dumper has no NCSD inside.
Searched for String(NCSD) with HEX Editor.
result = 0 entries

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
I think the NAND Dumper does not work correctly.
I dumped my NAND on N3DS
The NAND.bin has a size of 1.269.760kb
The NAND.bin (dumped with Gateway Launcher) has a size of 1.833.312kb

The NAND.bin dumped with PastaCFW NAND Dumper has no NCSD inside.
Searched for String(NCSD) with HEX Editor.
result = 0 entries
Yeah i know that it doesn't work on n3ds. But what about old 3ds?

Last edited by AlbertoSONIC,

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question from someone who can't be bothered reading the 200+ pages: I have a N3DS with Gateway emuNAND installed via OOT because I can't afford CN. Is there a method I could use to install Pasta? I'm interested in Pasta mostly because of the AGB support and I have no idea if GW ever intends to add that feature. Thanks.

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Just a question from someone who can't be bothered reading the 200+ pages: I have a N3DS with Gateway emuNAND installed via OOT because I can't afford CN. Is there a method I could use to install Pasta? I'm interested in Pasta mostly because of the AGB support and I have no idea if GW ever intends to add that feature. Thanks.
no, there is now way to do that, saddly :(

Sohakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used pasta to launch rxtools, and now I have both sysnand and an unlinked rxtools emunand. When there is an emunand pasta, I will have 2 emunands, a sysnand, and I can choose between them? I didn't see if I can update rxtools to the latest firm version, so that would be cool with pasta.

Right now I guess I can launch rxtools emunand, then CN, then Pasta, and have an updated firm inside emunand, and install things to it without worrying about bricks right :D? While there is no Pasta emunand.

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I used pasta to launch rxtools, and now I have both sysnand and an unlinked rxtools emunand. When there is an emunand pasta, I will have 2 emunands, a sysnand, and I can choose between them? I didn't see if I can update rxtools to the latest firm version, so that would be cool with pasta.

Right now I guess I can launch rxtools emunand, then CN, then Pasta, and have an updated firm inside emunand, and install things to it without worrying about bricks right :D? While there is no Pasta emunand.
that i not how it works, pasta as of now will force sysnand.

hairyfairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way, isn't running newer firmware on a sysnand that corresponds to lower firmware dangerous? if for example a newer firmware writes certain files to sysnand, then you go back to old firmware and it attempts to read the same files but they're encrypted using a different key or something -> high risk of bricking the 3ds?

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
by the way, isn't running newer firmware on a sysnand that corresponds to lower firmware dangerous? if for example a newer firmware writes certain files to sysnand, then you go back to old firmware and it attempts to read the same files but they're encrypted using a different key or something -> high risk of bricking the 3ds?
If that was the case, Gateway would break every 3DS :)

Reactions: DJPlayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.etonline.com/daniel-radcliffe-reacts-to-harry-potter-reboot-series-offers-advice-excl...