PASTA CFW 1.3 (Beta 7)
Team: capito27, AlbertoSONIC, motezazer, felipejfc, nop90, dela
Contributors: crusard, FrozenFish24
THIS THREAD IS NOT A TECHNICAL SUPPORT THREAD. THE OFFICIAL TECHNICAL THREAD IS HERE. ALL SUPPORT QUESTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD.
Hi, a new CFW loader for both N3DS and O3DS had been made, it requires Cubic Ninja and allows you to install and run unsigned CIAs.
As for the name, it is because it all started from a Unknown Pastebin.
It works on N3DS 9.0-9.2 and O3DS 4.1-9.2 .
Also, unsigned DSIware works as well as GBA Virtual Console !
If you have any problems in lauching it, try to reinstall Ninjhax.
(If you don't know how to, press L+R+X+Y on the main menu for a few seconds, then delete your save. You can then restart the whole installation procedure).
WARNING, THIS CFW WILL BOOT TO SYSNAND !!! The development team will decline all responsability of any consequences of your usage of this CFW (even if your handheld comes to explode).
If you get an error when installing a CIA with FBI, remember to make a title.db file in your "Nintendo 3DS/id1/id2/dbs" folder, and go to software management to fix the issue, you will then be able to install CIAs with FBI.
It is strongly recomended to close and open the lid of your console to have proper 3D support, and you are able to run Out of region cartridge games (with unsigned dlc ?) with this CFW, by launching either smealum's region three on O3DS or NTR on N3DS.
Video Instructions to start CFW (highly outdated):
Noob-proof full setup instructions :
Text Instructions :
- Download the archive provided below ("PastaCFW 1.3.zip"), unzip it's contents to the root of the SD card of your N/O3DS.
- Startup your 3DS , boot Cubic Ninja, start PastaCFW.
- You should now land on the home menu, with signatures patched !
(If you want to access the UI, to either check the credits, or have a look at the great ui by Crusard, simply hold "L" at the same time that you select "PastaCFW" from ninjhax or to always boot into the UI, access the UI, go to the options and select "Always boot the GUI")
FirmLaunch Instructions :
- Launch the companion app, select your SD card (containing the pastaCFW files), select your 3DS model (O3DS or N3DS) and hit download.
- once that is done (you will have a pop-up telling you so), you can remove the SD card and place it inside of your 3DS.
-Start your 3DS, launch Ninjhax, launch PastaCFW (While holding the L button), go to the options menu, press A, enable "Enable FirmLaunch" and save.
- You now have FirmLaunch activated !
FirmLaunch will Boot your 3DS with an updated firm, this means 9.5 firm for N3DS and 9.6 firm for O3DS, once in firmlaunch you will be able to run games that require updated firmwares to run (like Xenoblade chronicles, Super Smash Bros with update 1.0.8,...), however you won't be able to run ninjhax homebrew, nor eshop spoofer as of now.
FIRMLAUNCH IS NOT EMUNAND, YOU ARE STILL IN SYSNAND.
UPDATE (21 June 2015): VERSION 1.3 (beta7)!!!
-Moved the GUI code to arm9
-UI completely redesigned
-Added config app inside the CFW_Launcher: you can edit settings without the companion, directly on your 3DS!
-Added Nand Dumper!
-Added ARM9 dumper interface
-Added FIRM downloader inside PC Companion App (windows only, for now)
-A lot of code cleanup
-Beta3: now you can enable and disable firmlaunch from settings!
-Beta4: firmlaunch works properly on O3DS v4.X-6.X ! (attempt 1 - fail)
-Beta5.1: hold R during pasta boot to temporarily invert the firmlauch setting
-Beta6: firmlaunch works properly on O3DS v4.X-6.X ! (attempt 2 - fail)
-Beta6.1: Now the companion app (for windows) doesn't need the SD card to be insterted to be able to download firm.bin
-Beta6.2: Fixed companion app crash, source code cleaned, launcher is now very small sized
-Beta7: fixed all GUI issues !
UPDATE (28 May 2015): VERSION 1.2.1!!!
-Fixed crash in Companion App when system.txt did not exist
-Fixed crash when using old system.txt on new PastaCFW 1.2+
-Code cleanup + more comments
UPDATE (27 May 2015): VERSION 1.2!!!
-Added an ARM9 ram dumper, for debug purposes
-Added support to PC Companion App
-Changed the system.txt handling
-Now to autoboot the gui, you don't have to create a bootmenu.txt file. You just have to use the PC Companion App.
Since PastaCFW version 1.2, you can use the PC Companion app to change PastaCFW settings. For now, pc companion features are:
-Enable GUI autoboot
-Enable ARM9 RAM dumper at pastacfw boot
-See the latest firmware/type that PastaCFW has detected
UPDATE (25 May 2015): VERSION 1.1.1!!!
-Fixed 6.X and 7.X offsets
UPDATE (22 May 2015): VERSION 1.1!!!
-Fixed crazy CREDITS button! (thanks to FrozenFish24)
-Added button animations (had to do a lot of optimization in order to fit the required images)
-Now you can force the UI to boot everytime! Just create an empty file named bootmenu.txt inside sdmc/3ds/PastaCFW/
UPDATE (21 May 2015) : VERSION 1.0!!!
Finally! Pasta CFW is now fully released! No more pre-releases, beta or whatever! Last bugs are fixed, and you can now fully ENJOY!
-Auto-boot (hold L to access CFW menu)
-Support of 5.X, 6.X and 7.X
UPDATE (21 May 2015) : Version 1.0 beta 3 released!!!
-Fixed 8.X support (beta 3)
-Fixed black screen issue (beta 2) <-- Please update to beta 2 or more!
-Fixed firmware detection bug
-Auto-boot (hold L to access CFW menu)
-Support of 5.X, 6.X and 7.X
-Credits are back!
UPDATE (18 May 2015) : Version 0.1.4 released, here is a little changelog :
- Now PastaCFW has it's own Ninjhax application
- Now PastaCFW will automaticly load any payload located in "/3ds/PastaCFW/loader.bin"
- An auto detection function for firmware was introduced, it will select the right Firmware for you ( if there is no issues, i will make it into an autoboot (from ninjhax) CFW later ).
- Me (Capito27) for Starting the PastaCFW project.
- Patois for brahma and sample code, without him, we couldn't make this CFW loader.
- Unknown for some O3DS offsets and the signature patch method.
- motezazer for firmlaunch, most offsets, code enhancements and testing.
- kactusss for testing the app and providing the videos.
- Psi-hate for bringing up the unknown pastebin to the gbatemp community.
- AlbertoSONIC for the UI system, the current firmware detection, the auto boot code and overall code enhancements.
- Crusard for icons and UI images!
-Roxas75 for the nand and crypto related code
- Smea for ninjhax!
- Many other people!
Curent WIP :
- nop90 is porting pasta CFW to spider entry point.
- dela is implementing emu nand support to pasta (no eta for the moment)
For those who want to have a look at my messy source code and laugh at my really poor coding skills, feel free, here is the github source.
Last edited by capito27,