Hacking OMG ITS FIXED! MLBIS, HH AND SS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Guild McCommunist said:
This is probably something related to how I installed the YSMenu, but whatever.

Whenever I load the ROM I get a TTRESET.dat error and have to reset my system whenever I try to load BIS. When I try to load Scribblenauts, I get a different error. But when I load Kingdom Hearts, it loads fine. Did I do something stupid, as usual?
All those games work fine for me so I don't know. I'm using YSMenu as a replacement firmware rather than a .nds file if that makes a difference.

As did I. The firmware obviously works but it just won't load the game. I'll try the process again and see what happens.

EDIT: Now it says it has "Error code=-83", same as Scribblenauts.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
Depravo said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Whenever I load the ROM I get a TTRESET.dat error and have to reset my system whenever I try to load BIS. When I try to load Scribblenauts, I get a different error. But when I load Kingdom Hearts, it loads fine. Did I do something stupid, as usual?
All those games work fine for me so I don't know. I'm using YSMenu as a replacement firmware rather than a .nds file if that makes a difference.

As did I. The firmware obviously works but it just won't load the game. I'll try the process again and see what happens.
Also, did you delete all traces of the old YSMenu before putting the new one on your SD card? This includes TTMENU.sys and YSMenu.arp. The new YSMenu must be allowed to generate new version of those files.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Never mind about my earlier request i got everything from one of the other links in the thread for r4 ys menu build thanks guys.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Depravo said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Also, did you delete all traces of the old YSMenu before putting the new one on your SD card? This includes TTMENU.sys and YSMenu.arp. The new YSMenu must be allowed to generate new version of those files.

I deleted both those files to allow it to generate a new one but now it goes back to the TTRESET.dat error.

Meta-kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK i tested M&LBIS on DSTT with YSMenu. And it works perfectly
biggrin.gif

I've been playing it the last few hours, not 1 problem ^^

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lucasbflopes said:
man when get the menu the game brakes -.-
what should i do?My R4 is original and i did everything u said
Delete EVERY YSMenu-releated file from your SD card.
Rebuild YSMenu with the modified version of Maikel Stenekers r4ysauto (download link earlier in this thread).
Place these files on your SD card.
Delete the MLBiS .sav from previous booting attempts
Use a CLEAN MLBiS ROM

If that doesn't work then I can't help as it works for me.

P.S. Congratulations Lewis.
grog.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd post my new problem here to stop bothering Depravo with PM's
tongue.gif

It loads perfectly but gets the save screen button freeze issue. YSMenu is installed perfectly, I have no idea why this isn't working.

And yeah, I'm using a R4.

lucasbflopes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
tongue.gif

It loads perfectly but gets the save screen button freeze issue. YSMenu is installed perfectly, I have no idea why this isn't working.

oh yeah man this crap is happening to me too

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lucasbflopes said:
could u say exactly what should i delete,cuz i've already deleted the save of MLBIS and YS save
Presuming you are using YSMenu as a replacement firmware, delete these -

TTMENU (folder)
_DS_MENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.ARP

Then use the modified r4ysauto to generate the new build of YSMenu and place the new TTMenu folder and _DS_MENU.dat onto your SD card. Remember to thank Maikel Steneker for making r4ysauto.

lucasbflopes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depravo said:
lucasbflopes said:
could u say exactly what should i delete,cuz i've already deleted the save of MLBIS and YS save

TTMENU (folder)
_DS_MENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.ARP

Then use the modified r4ysauto to generate the new build of YSMenu and place the new TTMenu folder and _DS_MENU.dat onto your SD card. Remember to thank Maikel Steneker for making r4ysauto.

ok but if i delete the _DS_MENU.dat there will be none to replace

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help ? I am following all the steps described. When I run auto ysmenu all I get is a TT folder. I put this on my R4 but it won't boot. What am I doing wrong. I am selecting the option to install it as a replacement firmware.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
tongue.gif

Again I am stumped. I just got to the first save block and saved and continued with no problem. Then I saved and quit, then reloaded the save with no problem.

If you have the same .sav file from before the ROM worked correctly then try deleting it and creating a new one with the now working firmware. Failing that the good old Panasonic format thing.

lucasbflopes said:
Depravo said:
QUOTE(lucasbflopes @ Sep 27 2009, 03:19 PM) could u say exactly what should i delete,cuz i've already deleted the save of MLBIS and YS save

TTMENU (folder)
_DS_MENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.ARP

ok but if i delete the _DS_MENU.dat there will be none to replace
If you generate YSMenu as a replacement firmware (option #1) a new _DS_MENU.dat is created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo