[Repack] DS-Scene Rom Tool v1.0 build 1215 (Includes CMP and AP Database)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Thunder Hawk, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Thunder Hawk
    OP

Thunder Hawk Firefox Master Race

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    I made this repack due to the fact that all official distributions are outdated including, but not limited to, missing files and broken user registration.

I take no credit for the development of this program. All credits go to @retrogamefan , @retrohead , Rudolph, and potentially others.

I cannot offer any support and I might agree to the developer's wishes once these and potentially other issues are fixed and they contact me via GBATemp's private messaging system AND reply to this thread stating that they are willing to support this application by releasing updates, securing their website, etc.

[​IMG]
    PERMISSION MUST BE GIVEN PRIOR TO REDISTRIBUTING MY FILES/UPDATES. OFFENDERS WILL BE REPORTED AND LINKS REMOVED.
    Don't kill me, please. ;-;

Repack features the latest version AP Database, version 2.1.5. It supports a total of 631 Games as opposed to 425 games from the previous version.
    The latest offered cheat databases have been downloaded so you don't have to download them manually from the application.
    At the time of creating this repack, DS-Scene content and auto updating officially were broken. Some settings might have been changed in the application to prevent errors from occurring.

:download: DOWNLOAD
    :arrow: Release Thread
    :download: Old Build on Filetrip (Just run the program and it will prompt you to update.)

DS-Scene Rom Tool Change Log
    CMP Database Change Log
    RetroGameFan's AP Database Change Log

Last edited by Thunder Hawk, Aug 12, 2018
    swosho, Brawl345, Natural and 11 others like this.
  2. AsPika2219

AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Jun 17, 2010
    Malaysia
    Cats City
    Good job Thunder Hawk! Is time for make DS-Scene Rom Tool was great again!!! :yaynds:

3. Lordjontan

Lordjontan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Colombia
    Thanks. I just seraching this

4. pilladoll

pilladoll GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2004
    Mexico
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    thank you!!!

5. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Last edited by TCJJ, Feb 21, 2018
    Thunder Hawk likes this.
  6. Thunder Hawk
    OP

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    Last edited by Thunder Hawk, Feb 21, 2018
    TCJJ likes this.
  7. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    Great tool. Just what I was looking for

8. ameisenmann

ameisenmann Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2004
    Gambia, The
    perfect! With help of the tool I could patch my Professor Layton game! :)

9. Purplstuph

Purplstuph Quake Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    Can't get to patch MW3 Defiance because there's no patch for it on my side.

10. Thunder Hawk
    OP

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    Update: It appears the official download links and DS-Scene content have been fixed. Yay.

Natural likes this.
  11. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Thanks !

12. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Marina is best waifu

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Honestly think it would be better to mirror these tools on an active site. DS-Scene is a rather dead site and advocating people join a dead site just to download this tool really isn't helpful for anyone. DS-Scene hasn't even updated to HTTPS nor seen any updates in current events. Sending people there and making them join a dead site just doesn't make any sense.
    I rarely advocate going against dev's wishes, but I feel like this is one of those moments where the devs need to realize that their wishes aren't helpful for the community. GBATemp is an active site and we also don't force people to join just to download from this site. This is far more helpful and far more logical than making them join a dead site.

Natural likes this.
  13. Thunder Hawk
    OP

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    I forgot to remove the part about checking to see if registration works. I removed it. They don't need to join to get the latest version. I forgot about that.

14. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    It's requesting I join/log into an account whenever I click on the link to download it. Even if it didn't require people to join, I still feel like we shouldn't be encountering people use a non-secure site. I'm sorry, but DS-Scene needs to accept that they are dead and just let other people host their software. It's far more beneficial for the community.
    Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think they've even updated to be in compliance with the GDPR

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Aug 12, 2018
  15. Thunder Hawk
    OP

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    Did you try downloading from the Filetrip and updating from the application? I'll put the mirror back later.

16. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Oh, I just went and downloaded it from the maxconsole link. I just wanted to raise an objection to respecting such obtuse wishes. I feel that respecting these wishes simply isn't helping the community and if Retrohead really wanted to be helpful, he would lift that requirement and allow the software to be mirrored on active sites without the need to gain permission. Respecting these old requests just isn't helpful anymore. It wasn't an issue when DS-Scene was still active, but now the site being so dead it's going to start raising issues.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Aug 12, 2018
  17. Thunder Hawk
    OP

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    Alright, I restored the link. Enjoy.

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  18. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    If they feel like complaining, just send them my way.

19. Thunder Hawk
    OP

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    It would be nice if this application wasn't limited to just NDS/3DS games. If design and development could have gone beyond that to other systems, such as GB/GBA/GBC/Xbox/Playstation/etc, I think it would have done better.

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  20. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I agree and it would have been super helpful for non-Windows users as this tool works just fine with Wine. Sadly closed-source tools were the norm of the DS scene (the scene as a whole, not just the site.) This was mostly because open source would be stolen and sold back to the community by crappy teams.