Gaming Fire Emblem Hype Thread

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just gonna stick with my 2nd pack for a lil while.
I gotta save a lil moneys for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DLC ^O^
Otherwise, this has basically been the only game I touch all day every day.
70+ hours >.>

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think Intelligent Systems really made up for that piece of shit that was Paper Mario: Sticker Star with Fire Emblem. Incredibly well designed, the graphics are really quite well done and the amount of content is excellent. I am not even that far in and I feel like it's true to all the other Fire Emblem games I have played in the past. I will say though that this game is effing hard. I am playing it on Hard difficulty with the casual mode enabled and I still lose have units getting killed even when class and weapon matching effectively. The game is huge though, I'd advise anyone who still doesn't have it that plans on getting it digitally, get a bigger SD card as it takes up a whopping 8,000 blocks. I am only at chapter 9 or 10 and it's been a blast so far. Is it just me or is finding gold one of the most infuriating things about the game early on? I am seriously strapped for cash often right now.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cash is hard early on, but after awhile it becomes easy to get what you need grinding with the stink box thingy, plus your renown goes up when you clear an area of Risens, which in turn nets you more goodie. Had a relatively easy time on hard, but I can't even unlock online portal to abuse on Lunatic haha.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah. I suppose if I farmed EXPonential Growth until I had a party of level 20 characters, I could do the one DLC that gets you 1,000-10,000 per enemy kill, except the highest level enemies are level 30 and they actually attack you, unlike the Entombed which just walk past you and only damage you if you head on attack them. I am trying to grind a bunch of my characters up to level 15 before I complete chapter 9.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I suppose if I farmed EXPonential Growth until I had a party of level 20 characters, I could do the one DLC that gets you 1,000-10,000 per enemy kill, except the highest level enemies are level 30 and they actually attack you, unlike the Entombed which just walk past you and only damage you if you head on attack them. I am trying to grind a bunch of my characters up to level 15 before I complete chapter 9.
No enemies attack you on their own on those DLC.

They fight back when you attack them. The experience DLC has the entombed with 65 HP use "counter" though, which automatically deal the same amount of damage back to you (then the usual attack) So as long as you can survive your own attack once, you can kill it and gain (usually) 100 exp in one shot. It's neat though because you can take weak characters in there and only kill the ones with 20HP, the big ones completely ignore you and run away within 4 turns.

edit: wait, do they attack on their own on lunatic? o.0

YoshiRider123

運命を変える
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nsider2.com
XP
Country
United States
You mean The Golden Gaffe? It sounds like you're talking about that one, but you sound off on a number of details. The enemies only offer between 1,000 to 7,000 gold each, none of them go as high as Level 30 (and they aren't able to, anyway), and they actually leave the map just like the Risen and don't attack unless provoked.

Keep in mind that I've only played on Lunatic, so maybe it's different for me.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I am looking at using a Second Seal on Frederick, level 13 Great Knight. He has leveled slowly, but is typical of the knight class in Fire Emblem. Which class should I switch him to? I just finished chapter 11 on Hard and am wondering which class I should go with. There are a bunch of classes to pick, Paladin, General, Wyvern Lord, Gryphon Rider, Cavalier, Knight and Wyvern Rider. I would think that Cavalier, Knight and Wyvern Rider would be downgrades from Great Knight since that class has better stats then all of those classes, and far less vulnerability to magic/archers. In the past games I usually have gone with Paladin or General, but are Wyvern Lord and Gryphon Rider worth considering?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am looking at using a Second Seal on Frederick, level 13 Great Knight. He has leveled slowly, but is typical of the knight class in Fire Emblem. Which class should I switch him to? I just finished chapter 11 on Hard and am wondering which class I should go with. There are a bunch of classes to pick, Paladin, General, Wyvern Lord, Gryphon Rider, Cavalier, Knight and Wyvern Rider. I would think that Cavalier, Knight and Wyvern Rider would be downgrades from Great Knight since that class has better stats then all of those classes, and far less vulnerability to magic/archers. In the past games I usually have gone with Paladin or General, but are Wyvern Lord and Gryphon Rider worth considering?

Unfortunately, he's going to level slowly regardless of class change, even if you bring him back down to a tier-1 class. It's my understanding the game remembers if your units are promoted. If you're intent on using him, though, General might be a worthy class. His slow leveling will likely be a moot point with all that tankiness. Just keep him away from mages, of course.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, unfortunately they are weak against Mage/Sage types. I like that he isn't squishy, Paladin has better mobility then a General, but he'd lose 4 defense just switching to Paladin. I am on chapter 12 though, it seems there are lots of enemies so having a unit who can tank damage would be very helpful, especially since that mission is riddled with Knights and lots of other close range melee classes.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, unfortunately they are weak against Mage/Sage types. I like that he isn't squishy, Paladin has better mobility then a General, but he'd lose 4 defense just switching to Paladin. I am on chapter 12 though, it seems there are lots of enemies so having a unit who can tank damage would be very helpful, especially since that mission is riddled with Knights and lots of other close range melee classes.
Then class him to paladin. lears aegis at lv 15, then at lv 20, reclass him to great knight.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that, in the support recap, it keeps track of your various Avatars' names and such. Those supports don't disappear if you eventually delete the file associated with that character, right?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that, in the support recap, it keeps track of your various Avatars' names and such. Those supports don't disappear if you eventually delete the file associated with that character, right?
I read somewhere that it keeps the latest name for the mu/femu avatars

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm wondering, did they finally sort out the shipment problems they had with this game? Or is it still selling at ridiculous prices on ebaY?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm wondering, did they finally sort out the shipment problems they had with this game? Or is it still selling at ridiculous prices on ebaY?
Checking ebay really quick, it looks like toys r us has it for $40, but everyone else's buy it now price is $50-$55 still. Tales of the Abyss had this problem too, even after it was in stock a lot of people still refused to go down on the price so ebay wasn't a very good option.

Reactions: Eerpow

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Checking ebay really quick, it looks like toys r us has it for $40, but everyone else's buy it now price is $50-$55 still. Tales of the Abyss had this problem too, even after it was in stock a lot of people still refused to go down on the price so ebay wasn't a very good option.
Just hoping something like this doesn't happen here, refusing to get it off the eShop.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I wish they had released Infinite Regalia on Thursday, I need more Amatsu's D:
They released the experience DLC too early, so that's why infinite regalia didn't come last thursday. The notification says the experience dlc was to be released last week when it was released the week before, so they just gave us the spotpass stuff, no new dlc. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY