Nintendo Direct - September 13 - new Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4, Kirby's Return to Dream Land DX announced

Get yourself ready for a Nintendo Direct. 40 minutes of Nintendo-focused goodness is on the way, with plenty of announcements of upcoming games to be revealed. Tune in and watch live, or keep an eye on this thread to see everything that gets shown during the Direct.

It begins with Fire Emblem. We see a reed and blue-haired protagonist, along with Marth. The game is called Fire Emblem Engage. The main character is a fell dragon, and you can summon previous protagonists from the Fire Emblem series. Launches January 20, 2023.

A Divine Edition of the game will be available, and comes with a steelbook, artbook, and other goodies.

It Takes Two heads to the Switch. You can play online, local split-screen, or on two consoles locally. Launches November 4th.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will head west early next year.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is getting wave 2 of its expansion pass. There's a new hero who you can recruit. Challenge battles will be added, which reward you with items and costumes. Launches October 13th.

SpongeBob is getting a new 3D platformer. Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake.

Fitness Boxing of the North Star is an exercise game based on the anime series, out March 2023

Oddballers and Tunic are coming to the Switch.

We get to see the Front Mission remakes again. This will be the first time Front Mission 2 releases in the west officially. The first remake is out November, the second is out next year, while Front Mission 3 is also getting remade.

Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life is a remake of the classic Harvest Moon game. The characters will visibly age over the years. Launches Summer next year.

The first Splatfest has been confirmed for Splatoon 3: what would you bring to a deserted island? Takes place this month, from the 23rd to the 25th. More updates are on the way.

There's a Square Enix game next--it's Octopath Traveller 2. The "HD 2D" style returns, with a new collection of characters. Paths will change depending on day or night. As before, there are 8 stories. Launches Feb 24, 2023.

Fae Farm is another farm sim style game, with magic spells and combat. Has local and online multiplayer. Spring 2023, Nintendo exclusive.

Theaterhythm: Final Bar Line heads to the Switch. 385 songs across the Final Fantasy series, with 2 player coop, or 4 player multibattle. Feb 16. Includes Nier, Live A Live, and Octopath Traveller songs as well as DLC.

Rabbids are here again. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope releases on October 20th.

Rune Factory 3: Special brings the DS game to the Switch. A new Rune Factory game is also on the way.

Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1, 2, 3, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, 1080 Snowboarding, Excitebike 64, are all on the way to the NSO service through the next year.

Goldeneye will also be coming soon, with online play.

Another SE JRPG. It's called Various Daylife. It's out later today.

Factorio is coming to the Switch. October 28th.

A spooky horror RPG called Ib will be out this Spring.

Mario Strikers: Battle League adds Pauline and Diddy Kong in a free update. New gear and another stadium are on the way, later this month.

Atelier Ryza 3 will be on the Switch. Feb 24th.

Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe expansion shows us new-old tracks. Merry Mountain from Tour, Peach Gardens from DS, and more. It'll be out this holiday.

Nintendo Switch Sports gets a highlight, revealing the return of golf. Has 8 player online mode. The update has been pushed back to the holiday season.

Miyamoto is here for a special announcement. He's talking about the Super Mario movie and Super Nintendo World.

He's explaining Niantic's Pikmin Bloom mobile game.

Pikmin 4 is finally here, with a brief teaser. Comes out next year.

Ubisoft is here to dance. Just Dance 2023.

Harvestella is a farm sim, but it's from Square Enix. Epic RPG meets farming. Launches November 4th.

Bayonetta time. There's new allies and enemies. Bayonetta 3 launches on October 28th. A gameplay trailer will be posted after the Direct.

The creator of Danganronpa has a new detective game called Raincode. Switch timed exclusive, out this Spring.

Resident Evil Village will be on the Switch...through the cloud. Resident Evil 2 and 3 will also head to the Switch via cloud streaming later this year.

Sifu is coming to the Switch. It's here November 8th.

Crisis Core remaster will be headed to the Switch, and it'll be out December 13th.

Radiant Silvergun is back, and on the Switch. It's also out today.

Endless Dungeon is a roguelike with heroes and quests, and three player online coop. Comes out next year.

Tales of Symphonia is getting a remaster, on the Switch. Early 2023.

Life is Strange, Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song, LEGO Bricktales, Disney Speedstorm, and other third party games are shown.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe announced. There's new minigames to play, too, as well as classic ones. 4 player local coop and versus. February 24, 2023.

This is the final trailer of the day:

It's time for another look at BOTW 2. It's subtitled Tears of the Kingdom. Launches May 12, 2023.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
By that logic any portable console is overkill and cringe, phones can both play games and be used for utility. Dumb gatekeeping.

Nah. NV isn't very demanding. A phone might work, but being able to type with more than a thumb and a larger screen might be more appealing.

Dumb gatekeeping. Gg.

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
TBH this Direct was a deception what a crapload of games with the exceptions of FE,octopath 2,FF theathritm,BOTW2 and Bayonetta 3 the rest was like if they don't give a fu... about bringing good stuff, they just keep going the easy road ports,remakes and more of the same we got more than 4 farming sims RPGS because 1 was not enough and no Advance Wars news Go fu... Yourself Nintendo

• Haha
Reactions: zerofalcon

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This system and to an extent generation continues to have too many ports and remakes.

Lots of farm-sim games, luckily I don't mind them. I would never have asked for it but I'll play Rune Factory 3 when it comes out since it means I don't have to shell out for the DS version. Undecided on Harvestella, maybe I'll try the demo.

I'm interested in the Ryza trilogy but I'll wait for the bundle in a a number of years.

Raincode looked somewhat interesting. Octopath 2 too. Return to Dreamland seems unnecessary and Symphonia looks to be a PS3 port.

Zelda next year at least!

Last edited by wiiAdventurer,
Reactions: _TheGuy_

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jumping around, working backwards somewhat:

I might actually get LOZ: Tears of the Kingdom... if it's not over-hyped like Breath of the Wild was. Zelda fans will be hyped anyway, but Nintendo was pushing BotW like they were anxious for people to buy it. If they take a calmer approach with this new title, I'll probably end up with it eventually.

The "new" Kirby game looks pretty good. It seems much better than that disturbing Forgotten Land title, but then again it feels more traditional Kirby - which, being a remake of an older game, makes sense.

The new Mario movie is probably Nintendo's best-kept secret. Only two posters with characters from the movie were released by Illumination featuring Mario and Luigi, and AFAIK no actual footage has leaked yet. Nintendo is being extremely cautious about this new Mario movie, probably due to the abysmal failure of Super Mario Bros. in 1994 (which deserves a remake, IMHO). Here's the Wikipedia article of that movie as it currently stands (using the Wayback Machine for historical purposes): https://web.archive.org/web/20220914015211/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Mario_film

Here's also those posters:

i1618094189754080.jpeg
i1618094192213276.jpeg

Mario Party... all I can say is, ugh. :glare:

Pikmin 4 looks great, and I'm glad that Nintendo is not just remaking old Pikmin titles for the Switch, like they did with Pikmin 3.

I'm telling you guys, Nintendo Switch Sports has GOT to be a continuation of the Wii Sports franchise - and this Golf addition proves it! Now we need Wii Fit to have a sequel (and I don't mean that somewhat pathetic Ring Fit Adventure or the Rhythm Boxing titles). I mean, something with... oh, I dunno... a new Balance Board to go with it? ;)

Splatoon 3 - again, why? Splatoon 2 is still pretty popular; having a third game already makes no sense.

I didn't get the first Mario + Rabbids title because I have a phobia of Rabbids. Okay, well, maybe "dislike" is more the word, but... I mean, I might try it.

Everything else... Meh. Whatever.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life is a remake of the classic Harvest Moon game. The characters will visibly age over the years.
Wait, need more info about this... So they would die? Or all become old and game would be old ppl simulator? Or there child birth system (don't think so)?

Anyway, waiting for new Front Mission 3. Love this game.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Interesting in new Rune Factory game maybe should be 6th. That's awesome about Pikmin 4, Octopath Traveller 2 and Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe. I already had Tales of Symphonia on my GameCube and Wii, no need to re-buy again just for new players only who never experience play before.

No news about another new Bomberman game yet from Konami company but very slow process. I had Super Bomberman R on my PS4 and I enjoy with it. I want another new Bomberman games so bad. I love them since I had play on SNES, N64, GameCube, Gameboy to Advance to DS.

I played Bomber Friends on Android is good to me but Arena are extreme hardcore players (some are professional players and some are hackers used cheat on other players and us). Super crazy bomb around in rush! I did beat some but not all in arena. I'm dead often in between Happy Hollow and Robot Station areas often. I almost throw my phone on the floor when I get upset due to loser. LOL!

Bomber Friends

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hyperkani.bomberfriends&hl=en_US&gl=US

7EZhL3TGiseus8ajjY2GefrdmPGBmWIP90uLv2JYbnal65N4rVlPKR-SbOhfjPW4XDE=w526-h296-rw

Last edited by console,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo Direct: Farming Sim Edition.. fukkin hell, how many?!
Tears of the Kingdom - 1 too many syllables, doesn't roll of the tongue like Breath of the Wild does = fail. (Showed less of it off than they did before too)
Pikmin 4 - Wow does Shiggsy never age?! I'm sure he's looked that old for the past 15 years... I'm also sure he'll be coming out at the 2042 Direct, on a zimmer frame, trying to shove Pikmin 12 down our necks and we'll be like 'Still don't care!', but he'll carry on trying!
No Advance Wars (I suppose I can still see why.. I guess..) No GC/GBA etc news.... OK otherwise though, and the Goldeneye news is welcome, though I'll be playing that on Gamepass rather than Switch.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting in new Rune Factory game maybe should be 6th. That's awesome about Pikmin 4, Octopath Traveller 2 and Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe. I already had Tales of Symphonia on my GameCube and Wii, no need to re-buy again just for new players only who never experience play before.

No news about another new Bomberman game yet from Konami company but very slow process. I had Super Bomberman R on my PS4 and I enjoy with it. I want another new Bomberman games so bad. I love them since I had play on SNES, N64, GameCube, Gameboy to Advance to DS.

I played Bomber Friends on Android is good to me but Arena are extreme hardcore players (some are professional players and some are hackers used cheat on other players and us). Super crazy bomb around in rush! I did beat some but not all in arena. I'm dead often in between Happy Hollow and Robot Station areas often. I almost throw my phone on the floor when I get upset due to loser. LOL!

Bomber Friends

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hyperkani.bomberfriends&hl=en_US&gl=US

7EZhL3TGiseus8ajjY2GefrdmPGBmWIP90uLv2JYbnal65N4rVlPKR-SbOhfjPW4XDE=w526-h296-rw
Super Bomberman R 2 is already announced for next year.

• Love
Reactions: console

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nah. NV isn't very demanding.
Demanding enough that it could only launch as a cloud version on Switch. Thus the point of my post, you act like the only purpose of Steam Deck is to play the absolute newest AAA games, when there are roughly a million other PC games that are never gonna be ported to another portable console. Not to mention all the Playstation/Xbox exclusives that Switch can't emulate.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Demanding enough that it could only launch as a cloud version on Switch. Thus the point of my post, you act like the only purpose of Steam Deck is to play the absolute newest AAA games, when there are roughly a million other PC games that are never gonna be ported to another portable console. Not to mention all the Playstation/Xbox exclusives that Switch can't emulate.

Nah. NV isn't a AAA game anymore. It was, and still is in our hearts... but spending more than $250 for the purposes @sombrerosonic expressed, it is overkill coupled with the additional social stigmata associated with bringing your basement predilections out into public. It's already ballsy, as an adult, to whip out a switch in public imo.

Considering the "only a cloud version could" argument, "The Outer Worlds" would like a word.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nah. NV isn't a AAA game anymore. It was, and still is in our hearts...
Age has no bearing on a game's classification in that regard. It doesn't suddenly become an indie game just because it's old, and mods help in any number of ways.

It's already ballsy, as an adult, to whip out a switch in public imo.
Ballsy to admit you still care that deeply what strangers think of you as an adult. I probably wouldn't pull out my Steam Deck on a first date, but beyond that and a few other specific scenarios, it's fair game.

Considering the "only a cloud version could" argument, "The Outer Worlds" would like a word.
Fair enough, just depends on whether you consider a 540p internal res with drops to 20 FPS or less playable or not.

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over