Nintendo Direct - September 13 - new Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4, Kirby's Return to Dream Land DX announced

Get yourself ready for a Nintendo Direct. 40 minutes of Nintendo-focused goodness is on the way, with plenty of announcements of upcoming games to be revealed. Tune in and watch live, or keep an eye on this thread to see everything that gets shown during the Direct.

It begins with Fire Emblem. We see a reed and blue-haired protagonist, along with Marth. The game is called Fire Emblem Engage. The main character is a fell dragon, and you can summon previous protagonists from the Fire Emblem series. Launches January 20, 2023.

A Divine Edition of the game will be available, and comes with a steelbook, artbook, and other goodies.

It Takes Two heads to the Switch. You can play online, local split-screen, or on two consoles locally. Launches November 4th.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will head west early next year.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is getting wave 2 of its expansion pass. There's a new hero who you can recruit. Challenge battles will be added, which reward you with items and costumes. Launches October 13th.

SpongeBob is getting a new 3D platformer. Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake.

Fitness Boxing of the North Star is an exercise game based on the anime series, out March 2023

Oddballers and Tunic are coming to the Switch.

We get to see the Front Mission remakes again. This will be the first time Front Mission 2 releases in the west officially. The first remake is out November, the second is out next year, while Front Mission 3 is also getting remade.

Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life is a remake of the classic Harvest Moon game. The characters will visibly age over the years. Launches Summer next year.

The first Splatfest has been confirmed for Splatoon 3: what would you bring to a deserted island? Takes place this month, from the 23rd to the 25th. More updates are on the way.

There's a Square Enix game next--it's Octopath Traveller 2. The "HD 2D" style returns, with a new collection of characters. Paths will change depending on day or night. As before, there are 8 stories. Launches Feb 24, 2023.

Fae Farm is another farm sim style game, with magic spells and combat. Has local and online multiplayer. Spring 2023, Nintendo exclusive.

Theaterhythm: Final Bar Line heads to the Switch. 385 songs across the Final Fantasy series, with 2 player coop, or 4 player multibattle. Feb 16. Includes Nier, Live A Live, and Octopath Traveller songs as well as DLC.

Rabbids are here again. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope releases on October 20th.

Rune Factory 3: Special brings the DS game to the Switch. A new Rune Factory game is also on the way.

Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1, 2, 3, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, 1080 Snowboarding, Excitebike 64, are all on the way to the NSO service through the next year.

Goldeneye will also be coming soon, with online play.

Another SE JRPG. It's called Various Daylife. It's out later today.

Factorio is coming to the Switch. October 28th.

A spooky horror RPG called Ib will be out this Spring.

Mario Strikers: Battle League adds Pauline and Diddy Kong in a free update. New gear and another stadium are on the way, later this month.

Atelier Ryza 3 will be on the Switch. Feb 24th.

Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe expansion shows us new-old tracks. Merry Mountain from Tour, Peach Gardens from DS, and more. It'll be out this holiday.

Nintendo Switch Sports gets a highlight, revealing the return of golf. Has 8 player online mode. The update has been pushed back to the holiday season.

Miyamoto is here for a special announcement. He's talking about the Super Mario movie and Super Nintendo World.

He's explaining Niantic's Pikmin Bloom mobile game.

Pikmin 4 is finally here, with a brief teaser. Comes out next year.

Ubisoft is here to dance. Just Dance 2023.

Harvestella is a farm sim, but it's from Square Enix. Epic RPG meets farming. Launches November 4th.

Bayonetta time. There's new allies and enemies. Bayonetta 3 launches on October 28th. A gameplay trailer will be posted after the Direct.

The creator of Danganronpa has a new detective game called Raincode. Switch timed exclusive, out this Spring.

Resident Evil Village will be on the Switch...through the cloud. Resident Evil 2 and 3 will also head to the Switch via cloud streaming later this year.

Sifu is coming to the Switch. It's here November 8th.

Crisis Core remaster will be headed to the Switch, and it'll be out December 13th.

Radiant Silvergun is back, and on the Switch. It's also out today.

Endless Dungeon is a roguelike with heroes and quests, and three player online coop. Comes out next year.

Tales of Symphonia is getting a remaster, on the Switch. Early 2023.

Life is Strange, Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song, LEGO Bricktales, Disney Speedstorm, and other third party games are shown.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe announced. There's new minigames to play, too, as well as classic ones. 4 player local coop and versus. February 24, 2023.

This is the final trailer of the day:

It's time for another look at BOTW 2. It's subtitled Tears of the Kingdom. Launches May 12, 2023.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nintendo Direct: Farming Sim Edition.. fukkin hell, how many?!
Tears of the Kingdom - 1 too many syllables, doesn't roll of the tongue like Breath of the Wild does = fail. (Showed less of it off than they did before too)
Pikmin 4 - Wow does Shiggsy never age?! I'm sure he's looked that old for the past 15 years... I'm also sure he'll be coming out at the 2042 Direct, on a zimmer frame, trying to shove Pikmin 12 down our necks and we'll be like 'Still don't care!', but he'll carry on trying!
No Advance Wars (I suppose I can still see why.. I guess..) No GC/GBA etc news.... OK otherwise though, and the Goldeneye news is welcome, though I'll be playing that on Gamepass rather than Switch.

If at all I think "Kingdom of Tears" would have been a better subtitle by simply reusing the existing words.
Tears of the Kingdom just sounds off to me.

Reactions: mightymuffy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Age has no bearing on a game's classification in that regard. It doesn't suddenly become an indie game just because it's old, and mods help in any number of ways.

That's true. I guess my issue was about "newest" AAA games, which is something I never suggested.

Ballsy to admit you still care that deeply what strangers think of you as an adult. I probably wouldn't pull out my Steam Deck on a first date, but beyond that and a few other specific scenarios, it's fair game.

Yeah, it was really ballsy to admit that people probably care how they appear in public--from behind a fake identity, on a video game forum.

Fair enough, just depends on whether you consider a 540p internal res with drops to 20 FPS or less playable or not.

I have confidence with the right engineers, that a NV remake can be better than "The Outer Worlds". A laptop that can play it natively would probably be a better investment. The mods factor and other classic games being wanted to be played kind of rules out Switch as an option anyway. I'm expressing my opinion. Of course it's the right one. :P

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it was really ballsy to admit that people probably care how they appear in public--from behind a fake identity, on a video game forum.
I mean we're not talking about wearing your underwear on your head here, gaming is extremely popular among just about every age group and culture. Why as a gamer would you seek the approval of people who immediately write you off simply for enjoying a hobby, is the question.

I have confidence with the right engineers, that a NV remake can be better than "The Outer Worlds".
Sure, but either way it'd still be a lot uglier and perform a lot poorer on Switch than on Steam Deck, same as The Outer Worlds example.

A laptop that can play it natively would probably be a better investment. It's an opinion.
Depends entirely on use case. A laptop is a lot worse at portable gaming than a Steam Deck, as you either deal with a touch-mouse or carry around a controller/mouse with you in addition to an already relatively bulky device. For writing college essays and occasionally playing a game on the side? Sure, a laptop is the better choice, even though that's still technically possible on Steam Deck with a bluetooth keyboard.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean we're not talking about wearing your underwear on your head here, gaming is extremely popular among just about every age group and culture. Why as a gamer would you seek the approval of people who immediately write you off simply for enjoying a hobby, is the question.

Figuratively, we kind of are talking about that. Despite our not wanting it, we rely on society (thus interested) and society does judge us, not only on our hobbies, but our investments. We seek the approval of others because we rely on others to survive.

Sure, but either way it'd still be a lot uglier and perform a lot poorer on Switch than on Steam Deck, same as The Outer Worlds example.

I agree.

Depends entirely on use case.

Exactly. Would you buy a steam deck just for NV+ mods and Persona 3?

A laptop is a lot worse at portable gaming than a Steam Deck, as you either deal with a touch-mouse or carry around a controller/mouse with you in addition to an already relatively-bulky device. For writing college essays and occasionally playing a game on the side? Sure, a laptop is the better choice.

Larger screen = better. Option to use any interface (keyboard+mouse, choice of controller) = better. Appearing like you are capable of being productive = better. Do we have an objective of per dollar performance of steamdeck vs an aggregate average of laptops?

This is where we start getting into opinions and very niche specific scenarios.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We seek the approval of others because we rely on others to survive.
...What? We're talking about people you've never seen before and will probably never see again. The kid working at Subway isn't gonna refuse to make you a sandwich because he saw you playing with a Switch or Steam Deck.

Exactly. Would you buy a steam deck just for NV+ mods and Persona 3?
I mean, I bought a PS5 essentially just to play the Demon's Souls remaster. Though in both cases it's inevitable you'll eventually find more games to enjoy.

Larger screen = better. Option to use any interface (keyboard+mouse, choice of controller) = better. Appearing like you are capable of being productive = better.
A larger screen is not better if the goal is greater portability. Steam Deck is capable of using any controller or KB+M as well, it's just not a necessity like with laptop gaming. And a smartphone already makes you "appear capable of being productive," though 90% of people just use them to browse Facebook/Reddit/Youtube. Same with a laptop really.

Do we have an objective of per dollar performance of steamdeck vs an aggregate average of laptops?
Not that I'm aware of, nor do I think we really need one. For $400 you're not getting a laptop, at best you're getting a Chromebook. What Steam Deck doesn't play at a locked 60 FPS, it plays at a locked 30. It's objectively the better dedicated gaming device where price-to-performance ratio is concerned.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
...What? We're talking about people you've never seen before and will probably never see again. The kid working at Subway isn't gonna refuse to make you a sandwich because he saw you playing with a Switch or Steam Deck.

Do you really think that everyone you don't know works at Subway? Lol. My point was if you are participating in society, it is either because you want to integrate in it, or you rely on it. In your case, it's obvious that you just rely on it. Why not up your chances of spawning a golden parachute by making yourself available to promotional social interactions.

I mean, I bought a PS5 essentially just to play the Demon's Souls remaster. Though in both cases it's inevitable you'll eventually find more games to enjoy.

I do the same thing. I personally don't advise people to spend more than they need to for goals they specifically define. I'm not a sales person.

A larger screen is not better if the goal is greater portability. Steam Deck is capable of using any controller or KB+M as well, it's just not a necessity like with laptop gaming. And a smartphone already makes you "appear capable of being productive," though 90% of people just use them to browse Facebook/Reddit/Youtube. Same with a laptop really.

I'm not against using a smartphone for gaming. I thought I made it clear. When it comes to appearances, you aren't exactly supporting the steamdeck by saying "what about smartphones". A larger screen is better if the difference in transport and accessibility is negligible. I'd prefer a flat notebook when it comes to packing.

Not that I'm aware of, nor do I think we really need one. For $400 you're not getting a laptop, at best you're getting a Chromebook. What Steam Deck doesn't play at a locked 60 FPS, it plays at a locked 30. It's objectively the better dedicated gaming device where price-to-performance ratio is concerned.

For $250 I'm getting a Toshiba Dynabook, i7 with 16 GB ram. Laptops are drowning the 2nd hand markets.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you really think that everyone you don't know works at Subway?
Was the implication that you're sitting in a Subway in this scenario not clear enough?

Why not up your chances of spawning a golden parachute by making yourself available promotional social interactions.
Because there are specific functions/conventions for that type of thing. Walking up to random strangers and trying to market yourself would be creepy as hell.

I'm not against using a smartphone for gaming.
That's fine, I was talking about a smartphone in reference to being productive. Writing e-mails, setting appointments and such. They've largely replaced laptops in that capacity because they're always in your pocket.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Was the implication that you're sitting in a Subway in this scenario not clear enough?

Was the implication that not everyone on the bus is a bus driver not clear enough?

Because there are specific functions/conventions for that type of thing. Walking up to random strangers and trying to market yourself would be creepy as hell.

People interacting in public spaces is not creepy you basement dwelling neet.

That's fine, I was talking about a smartphone in reference to being productive. Writing e-mails, setting appointments and such. They've largely replaced laptops in that capacity because they're always in your pocket.

They are more productive, just not regarded as professional.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Was the implication that not everyone on the bus is a bus driver not clear enough?
You literally said "we rely on others to survive." The only person you rely on to survive while riding the bus is the bus driver. Who gives a fuck if a random Karen or a hobo thinks you're a nerd for playing video games.

People interacting in public spaces is not creepy you basement dwelling neet.
Marketing yourself to strangers because every interaction you have needs to be transactional is creepy af dude. People talk to each other all the time while staring at their cell phones, the same can be done with a Switch or Steam Deck in your hands. They can even be conversation starters, for that matter.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only person you rely on while riding the bus to survive is the bus driver.

False. While riding the bus, you are still relying on many many people of society on performing their roles.

Who gives a fuck if a random Karen or a hobo thinks you're a nerd for playing video games.

If your society only comprises of hobos and karens, then we can only guess the premise of your insights. You've missed it before, and it's even prevalent in this forum. People do care about how you play a video game. If you are a professional, you are going to appeal to other professionals. If you are a hobo, you are going to appeal to hobos.

Marketing yourself to strangers because every interaction you have needs to be transactional is creepy af dude.

That's strictly how you are viewing social interaction. The fault of that lies with you.

People talk to each other all the time while staring at their cell phones, the same can be done with a Switch or Steam Deck in your hands.

Yeah, but only losers will want to talk to you if you have a steam deck.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you are a professional, you are going to appeal to other professionals. If you are a hobo, you are going to appeal to hobos.
This again comes down to mode switching and a scenario by scenario basis. You aren't gonna win any awards for having a stick up your ass 24/7. It's okay to drop your guard occasionally and not wear a three piece suit everywhere you go.

That's strictly how you are viewing social interaction. The fault of that lies with you.
No, that's what I picked up from the way you were wording things.

Yeah, but only losers will want to talk to you if you have a steam deck.
Only the coolest losers, yes.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This again comes down to mode switching and a scenario by scenario basis. You aren't gonna win any awards for having a stick up your ass 24/7. It's okay to drop your guard occasionally and not wear a three piece suit everywhere you go.

There is a time for casual, yet professionally interested interactions, and there is a time for "let's get fucked" interactions.

No, that's what I picked up from the way you were wording things.

Nope. You decided that promotional social interaction meant actively marketing yourself. But even then, MLMs are more capable of fortifying a longer-term antisocial lifestyle. Promoting society is in society's interest. Doing so will increase your irl social network and allow you to collaborate productive interests.

Only the coolest losers, yes.

I don't think that Beck knows who you are. They are making money off of you though, and not eating at subway because of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would love to see some 3DS love but alas, not going to happen

Some great games onthere man
I'm afraid we're well and truly past that now. We're in a post-3DS world sadly :(

Also how the fuck does a post about upcoming Nintendo videogames become so toxic in the comments, this site's users can really ruin anything.

Last edited by Maximumbeans,
Reactions: Satangel

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Also how the fuck does a post about upcoming Nintendo videogames become so toxic in the comments
You really need to ask how when tabzer holds the position that adults shouldn't be permitted to play video games in public spaces? Begs the question of why he's a member of a site dedicated mostly to portable gaming at all.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You really need to ask how when tabzer holds the position that adults shouldn't be permitted to play video games in public spaces? Begs the question of why he's a member of a site dedicated mostly to portable gaming at all.
I have nothing against you but I seriously can't see why that's important at all. Like who cares dude.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1