Nintendo Direct - June 21, 2023 - new Princess Peach game, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon remaster

Welcome to Nintendo's Summer gaming event, a Direct that promises 40 minutes of Switch games headed our way before the end of the year. We'll definitely see Pikmin 4, but rumors are beginning to hint at some interesting reveals, so be sure to stick around and keep an eye on everything Nintendo announces, because we'll be covering the Nintendo Direct as it airs. The excitement begins at 7am PT/10am ET, or around 15 minutes after this thread has gone live.

It begins with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. The Teal Mask DLC is shown off in a new trailer. There's three new Pokemon to catch, and what appears to be a new legendary. The Indigo Disk DLC gets the same treatment, and it shows the new location you can explore, which seems fairly large and varied in terrain. Yet again we get a tease of a curious new legendary. Release windows are Fall and Winter 2023. An in-game event is being held after the show.

Sonic Superstars gets a Switch trailer. We get a look at some of the co-op and powers you can use. Launches this Fall.

Palia is a f2p adventure sim with online. You can build houses, and yes, it is a farming simulator. Holiday 2023.

Persona 5 Tactica's trailer gives a better idea of the strategic gameplay.

MythForce is a first person roguelike with 80s Saturday morning cartoon flair. Has online co-op. Launches 2023.

A new Splatfest is on the way. Which flavor of ice cream is best is the theme. Starts July 14.

Another Pokemon game is here. It's Detective Pikachu. October 6th. Detective Pikachu Returns.

Super Mario RPG is the one getting the remake. Out November 17th.

Princess Peach is getting a new game. It seems sort of like a stage play theme.

Nintendo is remastering the 3DS game Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Those last two are 2024 titles.

The Arkham trilogy is coming to the Switch. Asylum, City, and Knight. Fall of this year.

Gloomhaven is a tactical game. It's an adaptation of a board game with a card game system. September 18.

Just Dance is here. 2024 Edition has 40 new tracks.

An Action RPG called Silent Hope is on the way. You have a collection of different weapons you can use. There's base upgrading and weapon crafting. October 3rd.

Fae Farm is another farming sim. It will be Switch exclusive, September 8th. It'll have online co-op.

Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 Turbo Charged has lots of cars.

Manic Mechanics is like Overcooked but with car parts. July 13.

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope gets a new DLC expansion. New maps and enemies. Launches today. There's also a demo of the main game to try out.

Dragon Quest has something to show today, too. It's Dragon Quest Monsters. DQ: Monsters - The Dark Prince has been announced, launches December 1st.

Pikmin 4 is next. We get a look at new gameplay elements and creatures. There are castaways you can rescue to give you more activities. You can go out at night, now. But enemies get super frenzied. Glow Pikmin are new and appear at night. July 21st.

Pikmin 1 and 2 remaster are out later today.

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3 are all on the way in the form of the Master Collection Vol. 1. Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, and the NES versions are included too. October 24th. You can buy them separately too. The games will have guides available to reference.

Vampire Survivors is coming to Switch. August 17.

Pigeons, but with battle royale and also music. Headbangers is a party game with minigames. October 31.

Penny's Big Breakaway is a 3D platformer coming from the Sonic Mania team. Early 2024.

Wave 5 of MK8D DLC is here. Squeaky Clean Sprint. Petey Pirahna, Wiggler, and Kamek are all playable characters now. Launches Summer.

Star Ocean The Second Story R is here. November 2.

Wario is getting a new WarioWare game. There's a 4 player party mode. WarioWare Move It launches November 3rd.

Nintendo Live 2023 is taking place this year, with photo ops, championship tournaments, and more. It's free. September 1st.

Zelda and Ganondorf are getting TOTK amiibo.

This is the last announcement.

Mario is getting a new 2D adventure, but not a "New Super Mario" game. Super Mario Bros. Wonder features Mario, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Luigi, Yoshi, and all sorts of new power ups, enemies, and more. Mario can also turn into an elephant.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man they sure slid that Pikmin 1 and 2 HD remakes announcement. Available today. More likely to get my money than anything else so far. Were these HD remakes announced already and I'd just missed it?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man they sure slid that Pikmin 1 and 2 HD remakes announcement. Available today. More likely to get my money than anything else so far. Were these HD remakes announced already and I'd just missed it?
right now, with nintendo, I can see more and more games than are being made for money as the main objective

Back then, video games were made to realise the envisionment of what a gamer wanted, of what their perfect game would look like.
And right now, if i consider games produced post-Satoru, which excludes the likes of Breath of the wild or Odyssey that were most likely started during Satoru era... there aren't that much...

Tears of the kingdom... but... i dont see much more than that

Reactions: Hanafuda and Payne

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super Mario Wonder aka Super Mario Elephant man looks like the designers were tripping on some awesome LSD whilst making it

and

I'm all in baby !!!

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right now, with nintendo, I can see more and more games than are being made for money as the main objective

Back then, video games were made to realise the envisionment of what a gamer wanted, of what their perfect game would look like.
And right now, if i consider games produced post-Satoru, which excludes the likes of Breath of the wild or Odyssey that were most likely started during Satoru era... there aren't that much...

Tears of the kingdom... but... i dont see much more than that

I think Pikmin was Miyamoto's last and greatest original game idea. I loved those first 2 games, they were a perfect pair of original concept with the 1st one, and genuinely improving tweaks in the second one. Same thing happened with Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2. Both should've ended there. But if there's one thing of which we can be sure, whether it's anime or video games, is that there is no such thing as one sequel too many so long as the money keeps rolling in.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if that Super Mario RPG remake will have Culex? Anyone else here ever beat that guy? Takes forever and you get a mostly worthless "quartz charm" for the effort. (If you are strong enough to beat him, you will already have better trinkets than that.)

Just wondering if they'll keep him in the game because Culex is an entirely out of context FF-type secret boss. He really has no place in SMRPG, but there he is. But I assume sneaking Culex in there was Square's doing and it won't surprise me at all if Nintendo "fixes" that.

Culex_Sprite_-_Super_Mario_RPG.png

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SMRPG remake looks nice enough but I don't play turn based RPGs. Peach game might be worth a go. I never finished Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS so maybe? Mario Wonder could be fun, I saw playable Yoshi, but am concerned about how they're gonna turn him into an elephant.

Haven't played any Pikmin games but am curious to try the new one. Not sure if I'm interested enough to try 1&2 as well but who knows.

I did like the 80s cartoon vibe of MythForce but probably not something I'd play.

IDK if the arkham games are my thang, may have to look into it.

I liked the penguins in that Penny game but that was mostly it.

Eh the new Wario Ware might be fun but also want Wario Land.

Not even a TOTK DLC announcement, just amiibo? Meh.

I don't play Sploon but mint choc chip for the win obv.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?