Nintendo Direct - June 21, 2023 - new Princess Peach game, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon remaster

Welcome to Nintendo's Summer gaming event, a Direct that promises 40 minutes of Switch games headed our way before the end of the year. We'll definitely see Pikmin 4, but rumors are beginning to hint at some interesting reveals, so be sure to stick around and keep an eye on everything Nintendo announces, because we'll be covering the Nintendo Direct as it airs. The excitement begins at 7am PT/10am ET, or around 15 minutes after this thread has gone live.

It begins with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. The Teal Mask DLC is shown off in a new trailer. There's three new Pokemon to catch, and what appears to be a new legendary. The Indigo Disk DLC gets the same treatment, and it shows the new location you can explore, which seems fairly large and varied in terrain. Yet again we get a tease of a curious new legendary. Release windows are Fall and Winter 2023. An in-game event is being held after the show.

Sonic Superstars gets a Switch trailer. We get a look at some of the co-op and powers you can use. Launches this Fall.

Palia is a f2p adventure sim with online. You can build houses, and yes, it is a farming simulator. Holiday 2023.

Persona 5 Tactica's trailer gives a better idea of the strategic gameplay.

MythForce is a first person roguelike with 80s Saturday morning cartoon flair. Has online co-op. Launches 2023.

A new Splatfest is on the way. Which flavor of ice cream is best is the theme. Starts July 14.

Another Pokemon game is here. It's Detective Pikachu. October 6th. Detective Pikachu Returns.

Super Mario RPG is the one getting the remake. Out November 17th.

Princess Peach is getting a new game. It seems sort of like a stage play theme.

Nintendo is remastering the 3DS game Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Those last two are 2024 titles.

The Arkham trilogy is coming to the Switch. Asylum, City, and Knight. Fall of this year.

Gloomhaven is a tactical game. It's an adaptation of a board game with a card game system. September 18.

Just Dance is here. 2024 Edition has 40 new tracks.

An Action RPG called Silent Hope is on the way. You have a collection of different weapons you can use. There's base upgrading and weapon crafting. October 3rd.

Fae Farm is another farming sim. It will be Switch exclusive, September 8th. It'll have online co-op.

Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 Turbo Charged has lots of cars.

Manic Mechanics is like Overcooked but with car parts. July 13.

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope gets a new DLC expansion. New maps and enemies. Launches today. There's also a demo of the main game to try out.

Dragon Quest has something to show today, too. It's Dragon Quest Monsters. DQ: Monsters - The Dark Prince has been announced, launches December 1st.

Pikmin 4 is next. We get a look at new gameplay elements and creatures. There are castaways you can rescue to give you more activities. You can go out at night, now. But enemies get super frenzied. Glow Pikmin are new and appear at night. July 21st.

Pikmin 1 and 2 remaster are out later today.

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3 are all on the way in the form of the Master Collection Vol. 1. Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, and the NES versions are included too. October 24th. You can buy them separately too. The games will have guides available to reference.

Vampire Survivors is coming to Switch. August 17.

Pigeons, but with battle royale and also music. Headbangers is a party game with minigames. October 31.

Penny's Big Breakaway is a 3D platformer coming from the Sonic Mania team. Early 2024.

Wave 5 of MK8D DLC is here. Squeaky Clean Sprint. Petey Pirahna, Wiggler, and Kamek are all playable characters now. Launches Summer.

Star Ocean The Second Story R is here. November 2.

Wario is getting a new WarioWare game. There's a 4 player party mode. WarioWare Move It launches November 3rd.

Nintendo Live 2023 is taking place this year, with photo ops, championship tournaments, and more. It's free. September 1st.

Zelda and Ganondorf are getting TOTK amiibo.

This is the last announcement.

Mario is getting a new 2D adventure, but not a "New Super Mario" game. Super Mario Bros. Wonder features Mario, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Luigi, Yoshi, and all sorts of new power ups, enemies, and more. Mario can also turn into an elephant.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played any Pikmin games but am curious to try the new one. Not sure if I'm interested enough to try 1&2 as well but who knows.

cooler-if-you-did-gif.379154

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see SMRPG finally seeing the light of day after nearly three decades!

Glad to finally see a new Dragon Quest Monsters game. Though honestly, I was hoping that Treasures would have been it with Eric and Mia as the protagonists. Would have been a nice return to form had that been the case. Hopefully it's good.

Mixed feelings about SO2:R's 2D-HD style, but likewise it's nice to see it getting a new coat of paint. I only wish they weren't using the Second Evolution dubs, as they were mostly terrible - the exceptions being Rena and Gabriel. I only hope they rebalanced Symbology to make it actually useful.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arkham Trilogy
Metal Gear 1, 2, 3 (Awesome, only played Snake Eater 3D)
Super Mario RPG remake (love the original)
Finally a update on the Detective Pikachu game. (playing the 3DS game currently)
Dark Moon remake (played the all 3 including the 3DS remake of Luigi's Mansion)
Pikmin 1 & 2 remaster (Even tho i never played one game. Now i can play the 4 games and Hey Pikmin on my 3DS)
New Princess Peach Game
New Super Mario Bros game
Another Wario Ware game
MK8D DLC update!!

Yes. This is the Direct i wanted!!

Last edited by PopcornSweetie,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I got very interested on Gloomhaven, and is avaliable on PC!!!

It has good reviews on Steam and mid reviews on GOG (GOG people has better taster IMO). As it's cracked, I'll try later today.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Detective Pikachu Returns, eh? That's a massive surprise; it's been years since the 3DS original (and the movie), so I'm shocked (heh) anyone remembers that game. The original ended on a cliffhanger, and it seems like several years have passed since then in-universe; hopefully this one has a definitive ending this time.

Super Mario RPG's getting the remake, not Chrono Trigger...shame, that. I never really liked SMRPG, whereas I can have a load of fun playing Chrono Trigger DS. Oh well.

Fuck Peach, and remastering Dark Moon, huh...the major reason that entry was hit-or-miss was the mission-based structure, where instead of being able to explore each 'mansion' freely you have to select a mission, and are then locked to the areas and puzzles for that mission. Getting rid of this would essentially involve making a whole new game, so I doubt they're doing that.
Why not remaster the first Luigi's Mansion instead? That got a laggy 3DS 'remake' with shit controls; rectify that mistake by remaking it for the Switch, I'd say.

Pikmin 4 - HOW are they exploring what looks like a modern-day house? Here I thought this was Earth, long after us humans went extinct and all our shit had turned into ruins and artefacts - so what's this undecayed house doing here?
Anyway, hopefully Dandori Battles aren't in singleplayer, or at least not a major part; that seems like a major chore.

Super Mario Wonder...what the fuck

I'm still annoyed they haven't ported over Twilight Princess HD and The Wind Waker HD yet; what's the holdup?

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No metroid :nayps3: . But I'm really stoked for Metal Gear, Dragon Quest, and the Arkham ports. I really want to see how that spaghetti piece of code Arkham Knight runs on the switch lol

Also isn't Super Mario RPG the game with that dumb puppet that all the children were trying to vote into Smash?

skribbzthepirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A remaster? It's only been 10 years since the game came out, right? I thought developers remastered games older than that... or maybe they just wanna be assholes and say the 3DS is old to push out more Switch bullshit? idk.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A remaster? It's only been 10 years since the game came out, right? I thought developers remastered games older than that... or maybe they just wanna be assholes and say the 3DS is old to push out more Switch bullshit? idk.
They're still never pushing out anything reasonable. I thought their remastered games would be enough to hype up the Nintendo fanguys and gals, but no, still putting out shit to disappoint everyone.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My takes:

Sonic Superstars was already advertised, so I already gave my thoughts on that.

Why do we need another Detective Pikachu? Wasn't the first one bad enough sufficient for Pokemon fans? Also, why have yet another Pokemon series on the Switch? Wasn't there already a couple of titles released earlier in the Switch's lifetime? Seems like Game Freak is just repeating themselves, at this point.

But then again, so is Nintendo. Super Mario RPG and Dark Moon are getting remade? I'm not complaining, but I'm still puzzling over why that is, when IMHO the originals were good enough. Just seems like Nintendo doesn't know how to advance anymore! (Get it? ...I didn't either.)

Might give Hot Wheels a try, if it isn't $80 like another Hot Wheels title I saw on the eShop.

So, is the original Mario + Rabbids getting any more content, or is that just old news now? After all, that's Ubisoft's department, not Nintendo's, so... if not, whatever. I might get them on sale.

Pikmin 4 looks kinda interesting, but why remake Pikmin 1 and 2? Are they not doing a Wii collection in NSO? Not that I want to continually spend $80 a year for games, but just curious.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder looks like the Japanese were smoking something they shouldn't have. That's one heck of a trip!

Everything else is either not worth mentioning or is just not my cup of tea. Take that as you will.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My takes:

Sonic Superstars was already advertised, so I already gave my thoughts on that.

Why do we need another Detective Pikachu? Wasn't the first one bad enough sufficient for Pokemon fans? Also, why have yet another Pokemon series on the Switch? Wasn't there already a couple of titles released earlier in the Switch's lifetime? Seems like Game Freak is just repeating themselves, at this point.

But then again, so is Nintendo. Super Mario RPG and Dark Moon are getting remade? I'm not complaining, but I'm still puzzling over why that is, when IMHO the originals were good enough. Just seems like Nintendo doesn't know how to advance anymore! (Get it? ...I didn't either.)

Might give Hot Wheels a try, if it isn't $80 like another Hot Wheels title I saw on the eShop.

So, is the original Mario + Rabbids getting any more content, or is that just old news now? After all, that's Ubisoft's department, not Nintendo's, so... if not, whatever. I might get them on sale.

Pikmin 4 looks kinda interesting, but why remake Pikmin 1 and 2? Are they not doing a Wii collection in NSO? Not that I want to continually spend $80 a year for games, but just curious.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder looks like the Japanese were smoking something they shouldn't have. That's one heck of a trip!

Everything else is either not worth mentioning or is just not my cup of tea. Take that as you will.
Detective pikachu is not made by game freak , heck no pokemon spin off is, so why are you even going for them? game freak only does the mainline games, everything else is the pokemon company just outsourcing the work, also detective pikachu movie did really well so having a second game makes them have stuff for a sequel.

people should always have a way to play games in current gen, many people who got the switch are new costumers and kids and none of them own 3ds or old nintendo consoles to play those games.

nintendo doesnt control the price of 3rd party games

mario rabbids sequel mario rabbids sparks of hope its getting new dlc not the original...so i dont know why are you even complaining about that.

Why would nintendo remaster 2 gamecube games and make them free with the subscription? lol like hell they would, also they are not remakes they said remasters, so just resolution bump maybe some textures updates here and there.

Reactions: JeepX87

beermonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo could have announced the Switch 2, twice the power of stem deck, half the price, every purchase entitles people to a free trip to Nintendo HQ, free games for a year, a foot massage from shigeru miyamoto, Metroid prime 4 this summer and your own private animal crossing themed island and people would still piss and moan. Great direct and only thing I'm concerned about is my current lack of funds.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Detective pikachu is not made by game freak , heck no pokemon spin off is, so why are you even going for them? game freak only does the mainline games, everything else is the pokemon company just outsourcing the work, also detective pikachu movie did really well so having a second game makes them have stuff for a sequel.

people should always have a way to play games in current gen, many people who got the switch are new costumers and kids and none of them own 3ds or old nintendo consoles to play those games.

nintendo doesnt control the price of 3rd party games

mario rabbids sequel mario rabbids sparks of hope its getting new dlc not the original...so i dont know why are you even complaining about that.

Why would nintendo remaster 2 gamecube games and make them free with the subscription? lol like hell they would, also they are not remakes they said remasters, so just resolution bump maybe some textures updates here and there.
Good comeback there.

Okay, I see. Not a Pokemon fanatic, so didn't know.

Like I said, I don't mind remakes - and remaking Super Mario RPG after all these years makes sense, but I still don't know why they felt like they needed to redo Dark Moon. It seems Nintendo is doing a lot more remakes on the Switch than any previous console, like Nintendo expects this to be their last one.

Not quite the point. I realize Nintendo doesn't control the price of every single game; I'm more blaming Hot Wheels for this one.

I'm not really complaining - just offering my two cents. I think both are still relevant, but Ubisoft thinks not, and I can't convince them... so I'll just let it go.

I don't think that's quite what I meant either. What you say makes sense, but if Nintendo was to include Wii games in NSO, it would definitely be the originals. Regardless, they've decided not to go that route, which I suppose is better overall, but this gets back to what I said about Dark Moon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto