Dolphin Releases Announcement

videoframe_3493.png

Over eight years and nearly 22,000 commits since the release of Dolphin 5.0 in June of 2016, Dolphin has evolved to become a stable and accurate emulator of both the Nintendo Wii and GameCube. It currently boasts impressive title support and a range of enhancements and features that elevate the emulation experience. In a big change forward, Dolphin is now moving to a rolling release model starting with version 2407 (for July 2024).

This new approach includes frequent updates with changelogs, hotfixes, and date-based versioning, eliminating the need for the previous stable release scheme. The new release strategy aims to provide continuous improvement without long development pauses, that should enhance both infrastructure and user experience.

Here are the details of the new rolling release scheme:

• The first two digits are the year, and the second two are the month. 2407 codifies a release from July 2024.
  • All subsequent dev builds after a release will be numbers added on to it. For example, 144 commits after 2409 would result in dev build 2409-144.
  • Our next release will be 240X. Yes, it will be in just a few months from now!
  • Hotfix releases will have the addition of a suffix. For example, a single hotfix to Dolphin 2409 would be "Dolphin 2409a".
  • Beta builds are being replaced by releases. All users in the beta update track will be moved to the new release track.

If you are already using the latest beta or dev releases, not much should change, however if you are still using the previous 5.0 stable release you should head over to the site now and upgrade to the latest version to take advantage of the incredible work done by the team. This 2407 release is available for download immediately for Windows x86-64, Windows ARM64, macOS, and Android.

:arrow: Source

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I saw the headline I thought... "shit, dolphins finally have higher IQ then the average gamer, they about to attack Japan in a revenge attack in a kamikaze style". But I thought no, something smells fishy about that.

Then I opened the article and read it. It's just about the emulator. :yay: Love dolphin.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
maybe i'll be able to finally play mp3 without the damn thing ctd at random but that was on my old machine havn't tried on THIS BEAST V yest. i'm too lazy to set up all the mayflash stuff again though :P

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haven't noticed anything different yet on Android build, same performance and problems as before... My main one being the pixls disappearing in Super Paper Mario 1-3.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Haven't noticed anything different yet on Android build, same performance and problems as before... My main one being the pixls disappearing in Super Paper Mario 1-3.
If you read the release announcement, the _entire point_ is that nothing is different. If I had to guess, your phone's bad GPU drivers don't support Bounding Box. If you have a Snapdragon processor, try to use the Turnip drivers.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, dolphins reached 9000 IQ and are about to attack us??

First, you break my smily like combo with a normal like. Then you steal my joke in the most lazy way.

Don't you have no shame!

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ngl saw the headlines and was like "Oh no, not this one too!" I rely on it to play Slippi (Online Melee) and it's easily one of the best emulation projects to ever be created. Let's go Team Dolphin!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I saw the headline and immediately thought Nintendo was going hunting again. Sadly, it's probably only a matter of time
they don't seem to care about dolphin unless it's on the steam. but than again they take down vimms which has old roms but they allow ryu to continue. i am almost certain this is what they are doing to decide what to do with something
dcg-dragonclawgames.gif

Reactions: jalaneme

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you read the release announcement, the _entire point_ is that nothing is different. If I had to guess, your phone's bad GPU drivers don't support Bounding Box. If you have a Snapdragon processor, try to use the Turnip drivers.
Not that I was expecting that to be fixed, but there has at least been fixes since the last update and with a big announcement release then some big fixes are to be expected. Wasn't even gonna mention it but ssx3 is worse on 2407 build.

And yeah I already use turnip drivers, thanks for _the advice_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least Roseanne even got a few episodes out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hall of fame the new retirement homes for rich people
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought she was dead. She certainly looked dead in her last special.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine supporters rushing Trump at the hospital sir can I have some of your blood for ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm surprised there aren't twenty sites selling the Blood of Trump already.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    America's already being sold by his blood
  • Veho @ Veho:
    $1000 per hankerchief, limit 20 hankerchiefs per person.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Trump gave his ear for us! lol
    Friends Romans lend me your ears!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Buy the used panty liner he held on his ear at the RNC, only $5000 and it cures baldness!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really can't understand Biden now
    +1
    Mike Tyson has entered the chat!
    Van Gough has a friend! lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Doctors on staff: Sorry we support Biden
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You think they took him to some random hospital? And risk the doctor being a Democrat? Or even worse, black?
    Well even poor black people can get an education now according to Biden lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    They have a color chart with them, "you have to be this white to touch the former president"
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "And how is the patient feeling? Has he had all his shots? Oh, sorry. Bad choice of words."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's the secret service they blew their shot already
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" ~ Thomas Matthew Crooks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ~Monica Lewinski
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nikki Haley blows her trumpet constantly
    +2