Mar10 Day 2024 announcements - new Mario movie, Paper Mario TTYD remaster release date, and more

Happy Mar10 day! Nintendo is celebrating its mascot by unveiling a handful of announcements featuring Mario. A two-minute video was posted to the official Nintendo YouTube channel, detailing three new bits of information. First off, Nintendo and Illumination are teaming up once more, for a second Super Mario Bros. movie. The same team in charge of the first movie will return for this project, which will release in theaters on April 3, 2026 in the United States.

Two other reveals quickly followed: the release dates for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which will be out May 23, 2024, and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, which launches on June 27, 2024.

For those subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online, a few new games will arrive on the platform as well. Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis, all for the Game Boy Color will arrive on March 12th.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, and thats when they said they will release prime 4 on the switch, as you saw in the video screenshot.
no new, official news since than afaik.

people speculate it will be on "switch 2" but thats not the official thing.
I'd stick to the official news, thank you very much.
Official news? We honestly have none so the best we can *hope* for is that, the Switch successor.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, and thats when they said they will release prime 4 on the switch, as you saw in the video screenshot.
no new, official news since than afaik.

people speculate it will be on "switch 2" but thats not the official thing.
I'd stick to the official news, thank you very much.

I'd speculate that MP4 will indeed release on Switch, as its farewell, and shortly after as launch title on the new console.
Just as they did with BOTW back then.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd speculate that MP4 will indeed release on Switch, as its farewell, and shortly after as launch title on the new console.
And Twilight Princess... and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn even skipped the Gamecube entirely. Boy was I annoyed by this one lol, it's the main reason I bought a Wii back then.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Official news? We honestly have none so the best we can *hope* for is that, the Switch successor.
i already have switch, and i bought it because of metroid, and they promote it as such, for the switch. ao im waiting since than.
so illl stick to official rather than hope and speculations.
Post automatically merged:

you mean like twilight princess?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean like twilight princess?
TPHD and WWHD on the Switch would be awesome it makes no sense that Nintendo hasn't ported those two games yet.

But of course, if Nintendo does release it again they'll probably do some dick move like making physical or digital copies limited and then you can't buy it. And then they say we can't pirate games. Wtf.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
TPHD and WWHD on the Switch would be awesome it makes no sense that Nintendo hasn't ported those two games yet.

But of course, if Nintendo does release it again they'll probably do some dick move like making physical or digital copies limited and then you can't buy it. And then they say we can't pirate games. Wtf.
thats not what i meant, but i agree. i was waiting for TP since switch launched tbh. its my favorite zelda.
but what i meant, and how i understood that comment i replied to is how nintendo released TP on gc and than on wii, so i presumed they meant prime 4 will be the same, switch and later released on switch 2.
or release it for switch but make it backward compatible for switch 2 and make it run better on switch 2.

but in all honesty if they dont release it on current switch it would be like....false advertising, since fhey clearly said "in development for SWITCH" NOT switch 2.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but in all honesty if they dont release it on current switch it would be like....false advertising, since fhey clearly said "in development for SWITCH" NOT switch 2.
your not used to nintendo lying by now? like when they said the switch wasn't going to replace the 3ds and they were still going to develop for it along side it :glare:

Reactions: Metoroid0

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luigi's Mansion 2 but no 1 though?
And on a Mario day? lol.
Give us all of them already, even if just ported without any graphical enhancements (basically like SM64 in 3D All Stars).

Reactions: RustWasTaken

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's Mansion 2 but no 1 though?
And on a Mario day? lol.
Give us all of them already, even if just ported without any graphical enhancements (basically like SM64 in 3D All Stars).
It was released on the 3DS, but you're right, on the Switch there's LM 2 and 3.. not the first.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Happy Mar10 day! Nintendo is celebrating its mascot by unveiling a handful of announcements featuring Mario. A two-minute video was posted to the official Nintendo YouTube channel, detailing three new bits of information. First off, Nintendo and Illumination are teaming up once more, for a second Super Mario Bros. movie. The same team in charge of the first movie will return for this project, which will release in theaters on April 3, 2026 in the United States.

Two other reveals quickly followed: the release dates for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which will be out May 23, 2024, and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, which launches on June 27, 2024.

For those subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online, a few new games will arrive on the platform as well. Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis, all for the Game Boy Color will arrive on March 12th.

You can definitely tell that Kevin is still getting used to the voice of Mario. But I'm sure he will improve with time.

Reactions: RustWasTaken

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol i made a copy and paste fork compile changed name too LOL i call it O.L.E.D Optimal Legendary Emulation Device :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::switch: This was one time thing as compiling was hectic and there will be no public releases from me either!!!

Lol idk why video's are green tho as im not a Dev LOL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl:

That's awesome. I never realized the YuZu emu offered access to the Switch's user interface; it's so good, the YuZu devs had it down to a science. Now let's show these butthurt YuZu haters that even though Yuzu was shutdown by Nintendo, it's still live and well and still lives on 😅😆😂

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome. I never realized the YuZu emu offered access to the Switch's user interface; it's so good, the YuZu devs had it down to a science. Now let's show these butthurt YuZu haters that even though Yuzu was shutdown by Nintendo, it's still live and well and still lives on 😅😆😂

I used Suyu source renames to something else O.L.E.D as i compiled that is what the video is... look at the Tools tab scroll down to Open Home Menu launch said game now bonus press home on xbox ps4/5 controller or switch controller it will jump back to the Home Menu like a real switch :switch: to change games sweeeeeettttt

Reactions: urbanman2004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto