Super Mario Bros. movie gets its final trailer ahead of Mar10 Day, wrapping post-production

Around 3 weeks ago, an announcement was made about the final trailer for the Super Mario Bros. movie coming up on March 9th, and in due time, the final trailer is here, alongside a fully-focused movie direct from several of Nintendo's official channels.

The Movie Direct has all of the main voice actors for the full-length production giving some words about the movie, as well as some words from the directors themselves, and of course, some words by Shigeru Miyamoto as well. It was also mentioned that the movie has finally wrapped up post-production, after 6 years of being in development.

With this, we can only wait for the release day of the movie, which was moved up to April 5th, 2023, when it was originally scheduled for April 7th, so that's two less days of waiting for those interested in watching it on theaters.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm more hyped for this movie than I'd be confortable to confess actually. Illumination was a great choice and I predict it's going to be the most successful animated film of 2023 (maybe even receiving a couple of nominations).

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Why do you think so? I personally find their movies to be kind of lazy and was surprised Nintendo decided to trust them with their brand.
We can only hypothesize how the movie would have turn out under a different studio so I'm just stating my preferences. I'm a big fan of the Gru and Sing It franchises so I may be biased. Nonetheless, as another person has already said, lazy and generic movies can fetch millions in box office too so there's also that.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I want a Luigi's Mansion style horror comedy
If Nintendo is just going to be hyper cynical and only hire Hollywood, absolutely not.

Detective Pikachu was amazing but we can't even get a proper sequel, follow-up or nothing. But then they want to hire a listers for another Mario movie that they know they can't afford a sequel for?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Nintendo is just going to be hyper cynical and only hire Hollywood, absolutely not.

Detective Pikachu was amazing but we can't even get a proper sequel, follow-up or nothing. But then they want to hire a listers for another Mario movie that they know they can't afford a sequel for?
what if it got the Henry Cavil seal of quality?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if it got the Henry Cavil seal of quality?
That would presume that Nintendo could get its collective head out of Miyamoto's literal ass for more than a few seconds to know who Henry Cavil is.

FIrst it was Iwata himself personally blocking any attempt to get Mother 3 localized for distribution out of Japan.
Then, it was how Nintendo Legal backstabbed Argonaut and hoarded Star Fox 2 for twenty two years just to ensure they wouldn't have to pay reparations when it was featured in the SNES classic.
Next, it's how Miyamoto won't allow a new f zero to be made, or to even consider a re-release of Metroid Prime because he himself doesn't care for the franchise... and only bowed to overwhelming pressure because gasp Metroid Makes money in the west, idiot!

As long as Miyamoto's whims are law at Nintendo, I'm fully expecting that they will be blithely ignorant to any franchise he doesn't explicitly like.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why do you think so? I personally find their movies to be kind of lazy and was surprised Nintendo decided to trust them with their brand.
Sing and Sing 2 were great, with the latter being watched damn near weekly at this point. Despicable me 1 and 2 were fun. Couldn’t care less about 3 though. I think it’ll be fine.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All of the trailers have been a trick, on April 5th you'll walk into the theater and you'll be greeted with...

Didn't realise how bad this was. Now I want to see it. Makes even less sense than David Icke's books, which I feel he took some ideas from 😹

Reactions: x65943

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah the voice. Isn't Mario supposed to be a New Yorker anyway? His Brooklyn accent is fine imo. Seeing that Pratt is from Minnesota, he should have done a Fargo accent for extra lol. "Oh ya, I'm going across the boarder to the Mushroom kingdom, eh". Fantastic.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah the voice. Isn't Mario supposed to be a New Yorker anyway? His Brooklyn accent is fine imo. Seeing that Pratt is from Minnesota, he should have done a Fargo accent for extra lol. "Oh ya, I'm going across the boarder to the Mushroom kingdom, eh". Fantastic.
New Yorker? Brooklyn?

Do you not know where Mario is from?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 19.02.57.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 19.02.57.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 26

Site & Scene News