Emulation Emulator What are best PS1 emulators for switch?

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Best performance as Switch homebrew without installing another whole operating system is the Duckstation test build from the RetroNX discord, it's pinned in the #emulation channel.
I wonder why everything needs to be behind a discord server nowadays... I hope at least i don't have to fill a form or wait a mod to approve my access to an specific channel just to download an emulator.

Last edited by horokeusama,

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this recent? I was using pcsx rearmed for the longest time

does it need a Bios?

where do i put it?

Last edited by pinbi7,

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder why everything needs to be behind a discord channel nowadays... I hope at least i don't have to fill a form or wait a mod to approve my access to an specific channel just to download an emulator.
the answer is (in this case) because I'm too lazy to finish things, so I don't feel I can call it a proper release, but I do make stuff which people kinda want so I throw it somewhere.

Is this recent? I was using pcsx rearmed for the longest time

does it need a Bios?

where do i put it?
Yes it needs bios files, they should go into /switch/duckstation/bios

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the answer is (in this case) because I'm too lazy to finish things, so I don't feel I can call it a proper release, but I do make stuff which people kinda want so I throw it somewhere.

Yes it needs bios files, they should go into /switch/duckstation/bios
Got it working ty

It works great!

I'm suprised there hasn't been any post on here about it

Sevrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea when opening Duckstation when docked my resolution is larger than my TV? I'm having to undock, open Duckstation and launch a game then dock my Switch for it to appear normal resolution on my TV. Changing games also causes the resolution to go too large.

Tried many settings but can't seem to fix this without undocking.

Hellion9255

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Any idea when opening Duckstation when docked my resolution is larger than my TV? I'm having to undock, open Duckstation and launch a game then dock my Switch for it to appear normal resolution on my TV. Changing games also causes the resolution to go too large.

Tried many settings but can't seem to fix this without undocking.
for now its just a work in progress build. we just need to wait

Reactions: Sevrei

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I got the standalone duckstation from retronx and duckstation starts no bother but any time I try start a game it won't work it nothing will happen it just stays in duckstation s menu..any idea why?It has the bios in the right directory.

AlmondMilk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I got the standalone duckstation from retronx and duckstation starts no bother but any time I try start a game it won't work it nothing will happen it just stays in duckstation s menu..any idea why?It has the bios in the right directory.
I had this problem but i fixed it by setting my bios to specific files rather than having it auto select

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I had this problem but i fixed it by setting my bios to specific files rather than having it auto select
I fixed it too but yeh folks if anyone is curios the best PS1 emulator hands down for the switch is the standalone Duckstation.One you get it up and running everything works full speed 2x-3x resolution.

Nintendoswitchmodfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it too but yeh folks if anyone is curios the best PS1 emulator hands down for the switch is the standalone Duckstation.One you get it up and running everything works full speed 2x-3x resolution.
How do I go about finding Duckstation on Nintendo Switch? I have can't find it online at all...

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How do I go about finding Duckstation on Nintendo Switch? I have can't find it online at all...
Have you got Discord?if yes join RetroNX and you'll find it pinned there by the name Duckstation_Switch.zip.Alternatively you can use the 4pda webpage if you have an account and it's there too.When you join RetroNX and search Duckstation make sure to filter the search to pinned.

Nintendoswitchmodfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you got Discord?if yes join RetroNX and you'll find it pinned there by the name Duckstation_Switch.zip.Alternatively you can use the 4pda webpage if you have an account and it's there too.When you join RetroNX and search Duckstation make sure to filter the search to pinned.
Thank you my brother!

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you my brother!
Did you find it?if you didn't let me know.Also once you get it if the game list shows up and you try open any but doesn't work to anyone that encounters this issue it's the bios files,you need the right bios files in the bios folder that's in the duckstation folder.

Nintendoswitchmodfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you find it?if you didn't let me know.Also once you get it if the game list shows up and you try open any but doesn't work to anyone that encounters this issue it's the bios files,you need the right bios files in the bios folder that's in the duckstation folder.
Yes, I got the files! I even copied over my Digimon World save from my PSP Go over to the Nintendo Switch. It is flawless! I play at x2 resolution, still looks like a PSX but not too HD like x3. Thank you again for all your help.

Reactions: AlicatFit

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes, I got the files! I even copied over my Digimon World save from my PSP Go over to the Nintendo Switch. It is flawless! I play at x2 resolution, still looks like a PSX but not too HD like x3. Thank you again for all your help.
Yep duckstation is the best and flawless performance even more so with overclock and had all the wobbly geometry correction.The standalone PPSSPP also works great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o