Status
Not open for further replies.

'The Super Mario Bros. Movie' breaks U.S. box office records during its opening weekend

mario movie.JPG

The Super Mario Bros. Movie premiered a few days ago on April 5 and it has broken U.S. box office records over its opening weekend, even if it has received mixed reviews among critics. The animated movie based on the iconic Nintendo franchise has grossed $204.6 million in its first five days of screening across the U.S. and $173 million in international earnings. These numbers broke records for video game adaptations, and make the Mario movie the biggest opening of 2023 and the second biggest three-day domestic animated opening behind Finding Dory.

Have you seen he Super Mario Bros. Movie in theatres? If so, what did you think or it? And if not, will you be seeing it soon?

:arrow: SOURCE

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No real surprise... Still dont feel to attacted to watch it early. Is this only me?
Since it's the case , I guess u don't mind me spoiling it for u
Post automatically merged:

At least better than avatar 2
Post automatically merged:

At least better than avatar 2

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't watch the movie yet, what do you mean by western culture? Does the movie have some of the bullshit like women are strong men are useless shit or something like that?
Yes.

But all modern movies are like that. Still enjoyable besides the fact that they made Peach way stronger than Mario.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to hear that this movie broke records. Though I heard that if Nintendo weren't involved with the movie's production, the movie would have been like any other current year Western influence animation flops like Disney's Lightyear and Strange World.

• Sad
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I could care less if this trash started to sell toilet paper products, - matter a fact if they do I will show them a great picture of how I feel for that movie xD..- that was not mario, this was modernization mario and I despise when these woke people decide to touch something great and screw it up - I really do not get why Luigi didn't ask for Japan's talented artist that can create good movies - to make a mario movie, I have 0 clue what the heck went on that man's mind but it was a very poor choice he did.

Freaking peach teaching mario how to be mario, get the hell out of here with that garbage, mario saved your peach butt bimbo self from bowser millions of times - she can't even last a day without getting kidnapped by a villian...lol I'm sorry I love peach but I just cannot - this was a tragedy, but yeah I meant what I meant on the peach teaching mario bit - just stop.
I don't want another rey-sue (I had to duckduckgo her darn name bro x.x...I forgot it lmao)

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the real question is this, Will Nintendo rig the DVD/Blu-rays for this movie to not run on the Playstation or Xbox? (Shitpost)

But tbh, i got the movie's file a few days ago and i might watch it soom so kek

Sl4sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched it yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. It's a lot of fun.

Reactions: Ettino

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I saw it at the cinema here in China, to my disappointment, it was not only dubbed into Chinese, but also in 3D, but even then I have to say I enjoyed it. My initial expectations were mixed, I thought it would be mediocre, and the initial critic reviews reinforced that fear but from 5 minutes in, I knew what I was getting and I was happy with it. The only criticism I felt was that it felt too short, not sure if that was due to the pace, or it was actually a shorter run time in China as I wasn't clock watching at all.

I was actually quite surprised how violent some of the action was, The Mario vs DK fight was fantastic!

Looking forward to watching it at home without the Chinese dub and dull 3D.

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't expect at least some videogame movies to be exactly like the videogames. Otherwise, what's the point? (Like if Mario still looked how he looks in games and always saves the princess which is expected.) It's like you're still playing the game but, without a controller in your hand but instead movie snacks. I'd Rather just play the videogames if that was the case.

I'm still waiting to see this movie though. (Torrent that is...)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did the other dub also have some music like take on me or that was exclusive to french?

why they didn't use some game ost instead pop music :ph34r:

Reactions: Draxikor

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saw it with my daughter and granddaughter. We absolutely loved it and everyone that I saw was smiling afterwards. I feel people making some of negative comments are being far too critical and act like there should have been an oscar winning story and performances. It's a terrific family flick and was tons of fun for me as an adult. Perfect? Nope. Hella fun? Absolutely. I'm also on the side of not thinking Martinet would have been good. The story video is cringe enough to listen to for 9 minutes, let alone an hour and a half of someone talking like that.

Reactions: Kioku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...