Mar10 Day 2024 announcements - new Mario movie, Paper Mario TTYD remaster release date, and more

Happy Mar10 day! Nintendo is celebrating its mascot by unveiling a handful of announcements featuring Mario. A two-minute video was posted to the official Nintendo YouTube channel, detailing three new bits of information. First off, Nintendo and Illumination are teaming up once more, for a second Super Mario Bros. movie. The same team in charge of the first movie will return for this project, which will release in theaters on April 3, 2026 in the United States.

Two other reveals quickly followed: the release dates for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which will be out May 23, 2024, and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, which launches on June 27, 2024.

For those subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online, a few new games will arrive on the platform as well. Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis, all for the Game Boy Color will arrive on March 12th.

rockrhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Am I the only one who had a bit of a "cringe time" at the beginning of the video, when we heard "oh yea, mario time"?
I mean, imo the VA is fine but hell definitley have to get used to the job. Literally Sounds like they recorded one take and used that.
But well, no one can beat Charles

Amtraks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From this thread I seem to be a minority on the releasing of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, or its other North American name "Dark Moon". It's a great title for the 3DS and the multiplayer ScareScraper is a great challenge and fun to complete, much superior to Luigi's Mansion 3 ScareScraper in the manner of ease of life improvements and continual play tower after tower, plus selecting your own gamemode instead of gambling on getting coin rush or polterpup two times on a 15 floor run in the third game. I don't usually buy Switch games but because of the multiplayer being added back I'll definetly be getting a legit copy to play.
The only negative I see is that it's a simple port because of both Switch and 3DS having the ARM CPU architecture and from the few gameplay footage from the first reveal the lighting & animation are stuck and especially the scene with ScareScraper have huge stuttering in display. They really showed what gaming multiplayer on Nintendo games is like with the Australia, Japanese, Mexican, and East Coast American all lagging on a server located in the American Pacific Coast.

Am I the only one who had a bit of a "cringe time" at the beginning of the video, when we heard "oh yea, mario time"?
I really don't like that new voice acting
It's very off but that's what you get for not getting the original voice actor to voice the role in the movie. It's disrespectful and the ambassador title that he has now is just hiding the fact that Charles Martinet doesn't want to do anything with Nintendo anymore.

To me it seems Nintendo is desperate for the Switch sales of both consoles and games to not slow down and wanting to make sure they got enough games on release for the next system or at least big hitters.
They already know the Switch sales count has stalled. Its been known for two fiscal years already.

Only Mario games being released this year being almost 2D, remakes and a half baked Princess Peach game means they are also working on a Mario game for their next system.

Why do you say that the Princess Peach Showtime will be half-baked?

I would agree emulation would take less resources if they used an open source project like Dolphin, but to develop and in house emulator capable of that would be brutal for development time and accuracy. IIRC they hired a Dolphin dev to provide help with Mario 3D All Stars.
Really? Do you have any proof or info on that, I'd like to learn more. Did a quick search but found nothing.

Luigi's Mansion 2 but no 1 though?
And on a Mario day? lol.
Give us all of them already, even if just ported without any graphical enhancements (basically like SM64 in 3D All Stars).
Lets hope that the GameCube trademark filing translates to an upcoming emulator

Reactions: lordelan

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

On the demo alone there are problems one expects from an Indie game, not a company that has been making games for the Switch for almost seven years. How come the framerate slows down so much when the stages are so small and they can't even do cutscenes without things heavily slowing down?

Also even compared to a barebones mobile Kirby game, is too easy. Granted it is just a demo, maybe things do get better.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From this thread I seem to be a minority on the releasing of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, or its other North American name "Dark Moon". It's a great title for the 3DS and the multiplayer ScareScraper is a great challenge and fun to complete, much superior to Luigi's Mansion 3 ScareScraper in the manner of ease of life improvements and continual play tower after tower, plus selecting your own gamemode instead of gambling on getting coin rush or polterpup two times on a 15 floor run in the third game. I don't usually buy Switch games but because of the multiplayer being added back I'll definetly be getting a legit copy to play.
The only negative I see is that it's a simple port because of both Switch and 3DS having the ARM CPU architecture and from the few gameplay footage from the first reveal the lighting & animation are stuck and especially the scene with ScareScraper have huge stuttering in display. They really showed what gaming multiplayer on Nintendo games is like with the Australia, Japanese, Mexican, and East Coast American all lagging on a server located in the American Pacific Coast.

It's very off but that's what you get for not getting the original voice actor to voice the role in the movie. It's disrespectful and the ambassador title that he has now is just hiding the fact that Charles Martinet doesn't want to do anything with Nintendo anymore.

They already know the Switch sales count has stalled. Its been known for two fiscal years already.

Really? Do you have any proof or info on that, I'd like to learn more. Did a quick search but found nothing.

Lets hope that the GameCube trademark filing translates to an upcoming emulator
I just looked myself, but it was a mistake on my end. Looks like NERD (Nintendo Entertainment Research and Development?) created an emulation layer for the system and then ported some of the games assets or engine. I believe what I was quoting was from GBATemp, but with searching I couldn't find it. My bad. I'll edit my original post

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's the game made in UE4 or something? That's pretty computationally expensive.

Is a Switch game by Nintendo, they honesty have no excuse for sloppy framerate in a game with stages so small and apparently when at least half of it is minigames.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
they can't even get their own games to run properly on the switch anymore that's how outdated it is!

Kirby and the Forgotten land is quite the recent game and runs quite well, maybe they should have made Hal Laboratory made the Princess Peach game?

EmberDoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Despite having two copies of the original game, I'm super hyped for the TTYD remake, especially since I'll actually be able to play it in Korean. It releases near my birthday too, so bonus points. :toot:

Rest of the announcements kinda meh though.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well I did like the Mario movie, because I have played a lot of Mario games. Anyone going not having played at least one Mario game is gonna be confused as hell and probably not enjoy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto