"Knuckles" Paramount+ series gets its first trailer, premieres on April 26th

After almost a year since being announced, the "Knuckles" series for Paramount+ finally got its very first trailer today, including the release date in which the series will start airing.

The trailer shows Knuckles in a journey of self-discovery after the events of the "Sonic The Hedgehog 2" movie, and it will see Knuckles pairing up with Wade to train him into the ways of the Echidna warriors, while simultaneously fighting off against a new group (with some rumours and leaks calling this group "Black Arms"); lead by someone that worked with Robotnik before, that seems to be using Knuckles' quills to power up special devices, similar to what Robotnik did with Sonic's quill back in the first "Sonic The Hedgehog" movie.

The trailer also shows a powered up version of Knuckles with flames on his hands, which could possibly be Knuckles' own powered version when using rings, similar to Sonic's from the first movie, and also shows Knuckles doing his signature dive move near the end.

The "Knuckles" series is set to premiere exclusively on Paramount+ on April 26th, 2024, for both US and Canada, while other territories will see the debut of the series a day later, on April 27th, with Japan seeing a release later in the year on a yet undisclosed date.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
i dont like the way knuckles talks, as if he is dumb or something.
also its super annoying that they are in a human world.
and lastly, i do not like the "power" thing. Sonic isnt fast because he has the PoWeR, or knuckles isnt strong
because he has the PoWer.... its stupid. Idk who came with that idea.
Post automatically merged:

Wish they would air this on more than one platform...
It is what it is.
netflix would be fine.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont like the way knuckles talks, as if he is dumb or something.
also its super annoying that they are in a human world.
and lastly, i do not like the "power" thing. Sonic isnt fast because he has the PoWeR, or knuckles isnt strong
because he has the PoWer.... its stupid. Idk who came with that idea.
  • Knuckles has always been a bit bull-headed. Not necessarily "dumb", but intellect isn't his greatest strength. He is regularly duped by others and quick to lash out in aggression. I think it's fitting for his character.
  • Actually, many of the Sonic games clearly take place on earth, or at the very least a planet with humans. Several of the TV shows also feature humans. The whole context of the planet is not apparent in the older games, but they also don't address Robotnik's origins and why Sonic's arch-rival is in fact a human. The natural conclusion is that canonically, Sonic's world has humans, even if they aren't typically the focus.
  • Harnessing or draining the power of supernatural beings is a trope that is heavily used throughout media. It's not something he obtained; obviously he was born with it. But what gives him his super speed is always a mystery. In a fantasy world where creatures have super-human powers, those powers can just as easily be taken as they can be given to characters.
I mean, you don't have to like it. By all means. But your arguments for why don't really hold much water. 😄

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
  • Knuckles has always been a bit bull-headed. Not necessarily "dumb", but intellect isn't his greatest strength. He is regularly duped by others and quick to lash out in aggression. I think it's fitting for his character.
  • Actually, many of the Sonic games clearly take place on earth, or at the very least a planet with humans. Several of the TV shows also feature humans. The whole context of the planet is not apparent in the older games, but they also don't address Robotnik's origins and why Sonic's arch-rival is in fact a human. The natural conclusion is that canonically, Sonic's world has humans, even if they aren't typically the focus.
  • Harnessing or draining the power of supernatural beings is a trope that is heavily used throughout media. It's not something he obtained; obviously he was born with it. But what gives him his super speed is always a mystery. In a fantasy world where creatures have super-human powers, those powers can just as easily be taken as they can be given to characters.
I mean, you don't have to like it. By all means. But your arguments for why don't really hold much water. 😄
I should probably clarify.

• In this trailer and sonic movie 2 he talks like he is dumb...so yeah, he sounds dumb and brain-dead, steroid guy.

• Many but not all, and that doesn't make me like them more. ANd out of those "many" Sonic interaction with humans in games isn't on a pet "level".
I don't like this level of human presence with sonic and his friends life like Tom and Maddie. Its like a family show. They aren't necessary. In sonic Adventure sonic doesn't live in anyone's home and talking to them all the time. I need ONLY sonic and friends interactions where humans are just there as statists or secondary characters.

• Power is the movie thing, it has never been part of sonic video games. Sonic is just fast and that's it. No power. Thats just it, its made up for the movie and its dumb. He is basically a flash now, not just a guy who runs fast. Anericans MUST explain everything with "the PoWeR". (Stupid Archie comix don't count cause they are american comix as well and....stupid).
They did the power shit because it sells. thats it. no need to defend corporate decisions.

You're right, i dont like it and they aren't arguments, they are my opinions and taste. Try respecting them, ask about them if youre interested in why i think so and talk about them instead of debunking them.
But since you tried, your opinions actually doesn't "hold much water". Think about it for a moment.

I'm so sick of this human world and Tom and Maddie, tHe PowAh. Looks boring and generic.

Last edited by Metoroid0,
Reactions: LeoTCK

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

o In this trailer and sonic movie 2 he talks like he is dumb...so yeah, he sounds dumb and brain-dead, steroid guy.

o Many but not all, and that doesn't make me like them more. ANd out of those "many" Sonic interaction with humans in games isn't on a pet "level".
I don't like this level of human presence with sonic and his friends life like Tom and Maddie. Its like a family show. They aren't necessary. In sonic Adventure sonic doesn't live in anyone's home and talking to them all the time. I need ONLY sonic and friends interactions where humans are just there as statists or secondary characters.

o Power is the movie thing, it has never been part of sonic video games. Sonic is just fast and that's it. No power. Thats just it, its made up for the movie and its dumb. He is basically a flash now, not just a guy who runs fast. Anericans MUST explain everything with "the PoWeR". (Stupid Archie comix don't count cause they are american comix as well and....stupid).
They did the power shit because it sells. thats it. no need to defend corporate decisions.

You're right, i dont like it and they aren't arguments, they are my opinions and taste. Try respecting them, ask about them if youre interested in why i think so and talk about them instead of debunking them.
But since you tried, your opinions actually doesn't "hold much water". Think about it for a moment.

I'm so sick of this human world and Tom and Maddie, tHe PowAh. Looks boring and generic.
Your completely right, I didn't think of it that way in detail but subconciously some of those things might bother me too. But the humor is just too stupid and nonsensical like the repeat of the line "Do I look like I need your power", it made sense in the second film, but this is just too cringe now. This is where the plot falls apart. Now I'm glad I didn't see those leaked scenes. But maybe they were better as they were animated storyboard still and not finished scenes.
Also when you said Tom and Maddie I almost read Tom and Jerry. But yea this is getting on a level of some of the stupidest Tom and Jerry stuff.

I mean realisticaly (I know, bad approach given what this is), how would they know about Knuckles line from the second film when he clashed with Sonic. They weren't there to witness it...or do their gloves also dig into psychic powers, like they saw part of the past and now they reflect on it? I doubt it would be THAT DEEP.
So its just plain idiotic. Its like...who helped to write this? Someone like ...nevermind lol.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• In this trailer and sonic movie 2 he talks like he is dumb...so yeah, he sounds dumb and brain-dead, steroid guy.

• Many but not all, and that doesn't make me like them more. ANd out of those "many" Sonic interaction with humans in games isn't on a pet "level".

• Power is the movie thing, it has never been part of sonic video games. Sonic is just fast and that's it. No power. Thats just it, its made up for the movie and its dumb. He is basically a flash now, not just a guy who runs fast. Anericans MUST explain everything with "the PoWeR". (Stupid Archie comix don't count cause they are american comix as well and....stupid).

I think it doesn't matter, really. I kinda liked the first movie after watching it, and am still willing to see the second (and soon third). However, I've always liked the older concepts better. Sonic X, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Lost World, even Sonic Boom - all great storylines in my opinion. The Sonic movies by Paramount? ...Meh. They're all right; they don't really "Wow!" me that much, but I see nothing particularly wrong with them.

_Snow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8fyr0c.png

Last edited by _Snow_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol