Third 'Sonic the Hedgehog' movie and Knuckles live-action series announced

sonic knuckles.PNG

Sonic will once again get the live-action movie treatment as a third installment has been announced and is said to be officially in development at Paramount. Moreover, Paramount announced that a live-action Knuckles TV series will air next year, with the character voiced by Idris Elba.

"We've got a remarkable partnership with Paramount, and we are excited to continue expanding the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise with them," Sega CEO Haruki Satomi said.

The Sonic the Hedgehog 2 live-action movie premieres this April 8th.

:arrow: SOURCE

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic 3 better have Shadow 'cause no one else comes close to being as good or legendary as he is.

Also, a Knuckles series? They'll need to make it very interesting for a character most of us don't care for.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it when shallow generic cartoons get rebooted into movies. Especially when they are based upon games that lack a gripping story not to mention characters. The world is generic. I enjoyed Sonic when it first released but I've always felt that the series has been mostly over hyped after that initial release. In fact any sonic game I have played since that was not a total train wreck, was held back only because they tried to cram a story in there and add character appeal. Sonic should be like the original DOOM, get the basic script... animals need saving from robot army.... do it. Done.

Now if you want a game franchise to convert into a movie, do the original Alone in the Dark, but shoot it like an old Hammer Film.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's just hope knuckles is smarter than he is in sonic boom.
The only good thing about the Boom franchise was the two 3DS games, I think. The show was alright and the WU game sucked ass.

Even if Sega tried to "remaster" Sonic Boom (WU) for modern consoles, they couldn't simply do that because that game is broken beyond belief.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The only good thing about the Boom franchise was the two 3DS games, I think. The show was alright and the WU game sucked ass.

Even if Sega tried to "remaster" Sonic Boom (WU) for modern consoles, they couldn't simply do that because that game is broken beyond belief.
Nobody talks about remastering anything.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
One of my worst fears ever since watching the first movie and enjoying it to death.
They really had to go there, didn't they?
When will they start realizing that this marketing strategy has TOO MUCH AT STAKE??
A sequel, fine, I get it, but aren't two movies just enough to give a fair tribute to the blue blur?
Why another one + a show?
Haven't they learned anything from the games?
*sigh* It reminds me of Michael Bay's Transformers movies..

just make Evening Star the new Sonic Team.
Well to be fair, they're working on their own game now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse