Can a mig switch theoretically be used as an SD card reader?

Taurus_CH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I bought an unpatched V1 switch and the SD card reader cannot read SD cards (I checked with my other switch, the reader works fine, the problem comes from deeper inside the switch).
Is there theoritically a way to bypass the SD reader throught the game reader (as a MIG uses an SD card). Just tought about that this night, sorry if doesn't make any sense for the experts out there.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an unpatched V1 switch and the SD card reader cannot read SD cards (I checked with my other switch, the reader works fine, the problem comes from deeper inside the switch).
Is there theoritically a way to bypass the SD reader throught the game reader (as a MIG uses an SD card). Just tought about that this night, sorry if doesn't make any sense for the experts out there.
No you can’t

Taurus_CH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks, I found someone who can do the replacement for 80 bucks if it works.
Problem is the pins don't look damaged at all on the motherboard so is changing the FPC connector really gonna fix anything?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2816.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2816.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 8

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks, I found someone who can do the replacement for 80 bucks if it works.
Problem is the pins don't look damaged at all on the motherboard so is changing the FPC connector really gonna fix anything?
That looks great if all pins are connected to the mb. It could just be the reader part that have failed and you can easily pick up a spare on Ali express or ebay

Taurus_CH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Unfortunately I tried swapping the reader from my V2 switch and tested the one from the V1 in the V2 and the reader is working. None of the two readers is working on the V1. :mellow:

I will update the post when the motherboards connector part is replaced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4