XP
Country
Canada
656px_Fire_Emblem_Awakening_English_box_art.jpg

Release Dates

North America: February 4
Europe: April 2013
Japan: Already released​

I decided to make this thread because the other one by Lurker has no information or anything as he is banned I guess.

Anyways short description from Wiki:

Fire Emblem: Awakening (ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 Faiā Emuburemu Kakusei?) is a tactical role-playing video game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS.[3] It is the eleventh original game in the Fire Emblem series, and the first Nintendo developed 3DS title to utilize paid downloadable content.[4] The game was released on April 19, 2012 in Japan, and is scheduled for release on February 4, 2013 in North America, available both at retail and digitally through Nintendo's eShop.

Reactions: NahuelDS

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for it. Wasn't a huge fan of previous Fire Emblems (only really played them on GBA) but I think that was mostly a presentation problem... this game looks great.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm nuts about Fire Emblem. I played pretty much all of them and even rom hacked one of the gba games. I must have this game.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wish I had a 3DS to play this one
I'm really really happy they localized it!! Fire Emblem is a series known for always staying in japan

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing against you finding it boring, but the 3D effect is pretty good and definitely there. Are you blind.

Compare it to other games, and it's definitely weak, Zelda, Professor Layton, Kingdom Hearts and Virtues Last Reward all had better 3D. It's pretty bland in this game.

Also don't take my word of it being boring seriously. I've never played a Fire Emblem game before and not the biggest fan of strategy type games.

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compare it to other games, and it's definitely weak, Zelda, Professor Layton, Kingdom Hearts and Virtues Last Reward all had better 3D. It's pretty bland in this game.

Also don't take my word of it being boring seriously. I've never played a Fire Emblem game before and not the biggest fan of strategy type games.
Well, I think it's pretty good. It does what it needs to; adds depth and distinction on the battle map. I only had time to play the first map of the demo and enjoyed it. I think I'll like this type of game more than SRPGs like FFT.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll preorder this just for the artbook. I want digital copies more, but I'm intrigued with collecting cases again, like in the day of yonder where I kept all my SNES boxes and junk.

Reactions: chavosaur

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played all previous versions of Fire Emblem on GBA, (as well as the GBA translation) and the two on the DS (S.D. & Translation) = 5 total) and really enjoyed the demo. It leaves out some of the best benifits of this game though... I thought the 3ds (sterio-scopic effect) was pretty significant. I especially liked the first person view you got in fights when you touched th eyeball icon to switch views in the actual cutscene battle. It gave it a Skyrim/Oblivion effect to the battle.I tried it on each difficulty level, and saw additional options (marriage etc...) to each one I chose as other characters came into play with greater difficulty levels. I really laughed when on the hard level that guy got kickecd in what I can only assume was his family jewels, when he proposed. LOL can't wait.

The Masked Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demo was short, but it was good. Never got into the series, so this isn't Day 1 for me. And I cannot take Marth seriously with those sunglasses.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried the demo, here's my opinion:

The game's graphics surprised me. But, maybe because I don't have any graphics focused game, yet. :P Graphics looks like later ps2/gamecube games which is nice but probably not the 3DS full potential. It still is better than the average 3DS game.

Cut-scenes are absolutely gorgeous, It looks like it's real time graphics and not simply video playbacks, but I can't say for sure.

3D effect is very nice, imo. The title screen alone shows that they weren't afraid to make things pop out and they were able to abuse the 3D effect without creating artifacts. Of course, the game doesn't actually give you the option to explore the scenario. Except for the cutscenes, the camera is fixed the entire time and characters only move in predictable ways, so maybe that's why they are able to do such nice 3D effects without generating duplicate images.

For the gameplay itself, I only played in easy mode, so I might be misjudging but I found it to be not that extraordinary. Maybe I'm more of a Final Fantasy Tactics guy, but there wasn't a single situation where I had to use any more complex strategy then attack, hide and heal. The lack of special attacks in the demo are also quite dissapointing. Only fair to say, although the graphics of the game are good, the actual part when you play the game is pretty poor graphically, consisting of a simple map and simple character models. I still think they could use FFT-like graphics for the battle map:glare:

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu