Screenshots of new unannounced, completed Fire Emblem game supposedly leaked

M0fORHQ.jpeg

Information is trickling out about a new Nintendo game, if rumors are to be believed. Emily Rogers, a gaming journalist known for leaking Nintendo-related news in the past, most notably having insider details about the Nintendo NX prior to its reveal as the Nintendo Switch. She recently posted on Famiboards, a gaming forum, regarding what we can expect to see in the next Nintendo Direct. According to "sources", a new Fire Emblem game is in development, with the following details:

• Upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.
  • Collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust (division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
  • Gust heavily assisted with the visuals / graphics. Graphics are an improvement over "Three Houses".
  • Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate FE's 30th anniversary. The game has been finished for over a year.
  • Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
  • New "Emblems" gimmick allows players to summon "FE characters from the past" for your squad.

Supposedly, Koei Tecmo will be involved once more, after assisting development on Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Gust is known for their work on the Atelier JRPG series. It's also being claimed that the game is fully complete, and was intended to release for the Fire Emblem franchise's 30th anniversary. Shortly after Rogers' post, some images were posted to Reddit, and featured details that backed up the initial post. The Redditor said that there are elements from this game that come from a canceled Fire Emblem game that was meant for the Nintendo Wii. These screenshots, shown below, are apparently from an early in-development build of the Chinese localization version.

SjUdVUt.jpeg xGjpiBH.jpeg Mo9ZOSu.jpeg

I can confirm that this is a brand new FE game, and it has been completed for quite some time now. I'm not sure what the delay has been in announcing it. Interestingly, some aspects of it seem to be reused from the canceled Wii FE game. Additionally, the rumors of an FE4 remake are real as well. Gust has helped a lot with this development - if you aren't familiar with their work, you should take a look at the Atelier games on the Switch. There are many new characters in this game, and I believe people are overreacting a bit about the summoning with thinking of this as a full-blown FEH-style game. Other people with insider information have been mentioning the blue and red haired protagonist for awhile now and waiting for the Direct reveal, I've just decided to finally show a bit.

I can't do a full AMA or anything, but I wanted to share a bit since there were so many doubts about yesterday's leak! Now for the fun part, take a look at some of the new characters.

Edited to add - These screenshots are quite old at this point, and obviously not of great quality. Make of that what you will!

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/EmilyRogersBlog/status/1536936137222127621

This second leaker also claims that Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War, which has been rumored to get a remake for years, is indeed receiving one, at some point. That game was never officially released in the west, and remains only playable in English through a fan translation. For now, all of the above information remains as speculation, with no Nintendo Direct to potentially reveal these games in sight.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again ? Damn, Fire Emblem really seem to work pretty well for them if they keep making games that fast. Not a bad thing tho. I'm just jealous, as a Metroid and F-Zero fan ...

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's Switch-Chan from Merryweather Comics!

82457441_2580701685492730_4924060686377549824_n.jpg
I was joking with friends earlier about the hair colour matching your joy cons. It'd be super stupid but honestly I think I'd have fun with that.

D

Deleted member 575334

Sweet! I love FE. I hope we hear a announcement from the big n soon.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please be good. Please bring back dating sim and children. I'm a normie plz. Also I like school mechanics like three houses but also I like the dungeon crawling in SoV. I want an almalgomation of all!
Honestly all of these blended together would be great. I know children practically demand time manipulation stuff unless they're doing it like Genealogy but they're a fun optional way to diversify your army IMO.
And SoV dungeon crawling was great, based opinion. Not enough people praise it.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh. interesting choice they went with red and blue hair, but weird how they did it. vibrant colors weren't really possible back in the 1180s if i remember correctly (don't quote me on that).

maybe it's suppose to be a deep message about how two side may have conflicting views but sometimes they overlap, and maybe the color of the hair will change depending if you go with one side or the other (maybe even purple if you decide not to choose a side!)

either that or someone on the team REALLY likes multicolored vibrant hair.

KanaKonpaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new Fire Emblem would certainly be nice, though I wonder where the Genealogy of the Holy War remake that was supposedly in development went. Unless this is somehow it though I doubt it. Hopefully this new game will be announced during this supposed upcoming Nintendo direct.

Reactions: nxwing

soyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There must be a very good reason to delay launching the game, especially for over a year. The longer they delay the game, the more inflation makes the value of money gained from each sale go down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over