Misc Is there another way to know if a game is global, Western, or regionally blocked?

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have 3 ways to check this, but you need to create 3 different accounts, one American, another European and finally Japanese in the first 2 ways.

The first way is that if the game has a trial version, try to download it at the same time from all stores. The result will depend on how many times the trial version has been downloaded. If the trial version is downloaded once it is a global game, if the trial version is downloaded twice it is most likely a Western one and a Japanese one. If the trial version of that game is downloaded 3 times, it means it has an internal regional block

The second way is similar to the first by downloading free dlc or buying cheap dlc for the games you want. If the game is global it will not let you buy the same DLC in the other 2 stores, if it is marked in both America and Europe as purchased and in the Japanese store that means that the Western game, if it is only purchased in the American store the game has internal regional block

The third way I use is to go to the pirate pages where they put the internal identifier of the game and the regions they belong to. This last way is the easiest, although some pirate pages have incomplete information and another disadvantage of this way is that you have to wait for the game to be released, or leaked.

These three ways kept me from buying XSEED/Marvelous games on Switch for example STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive TownIt has an internal regional block due to having a different identifier in 4 regions (America, Europe, Japan and China), meaning that if you want to buy a DLC of this game it has to be from the same region where you bought your version or in the case of the spinoff called Rune Factory you will not be able to get the save files bonus if the internal game identifier is different for each region. Some Bandai games also have this problem, because Sword Art Online Hollow Realization and Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris have different internal identification in America, Europe and Japan. But the intermediate called Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet is Western and Japanese.

Most developers use the same internal identifier in America and Europe (Atlus, Square Enix). So far I've only had problems with Bandai and XSEED. On the other hand, the games developed by Nintendo are mostly global, that is, they only have an internal identifier for all regions, at least in the case of the following franchises: Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 ways to check this, but you need to create 3 different accounts, one American, another European and finally Japanese in the first 2 ways.

The first way is that if the game has a trial version, try to download it at the same time from all stores. The result will depend on how many times the trial version has been downloaded. If the trial version is downloaded once it is a global game, if the trial version is downloaded twice it is most likely a Western one and a Japanese one. If the trial version of that game is downloaded 3 times, it means it has an internal regional block

The second way is similar to the first by downloading free dlc or buying cheap dlc for the games you want. If the game is global it will not let you buy the same DLC in the other 2 stores, if it is marked in both America and Europe as purchased and in the Japanese store that means that the Western game, if it is only purchased in the American store the game has internal regional block

The third way I use is to go to the pirate pages where they put the internal identifier of the game and the regions they belong to. This last way is the easiest, although some pirate pages have incomplete information and another disadvantage of this way is that you have to wait for the game to be released, or leaked.

These three ways kept me from buying XSEED/Marvelous games on Switch for example STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive TownIt has an internal regional block due to having a different identifier in 4 regions (America, Europe, Japan and China), meaning that if you want to buy a DLC of this game it has to be from the same region where you bought your version or in the case of the spinoff called Rune Factory you will not be able to get the save files bonus if the internal game identifier is different for each region. Some Bandai games also have this problem, because Sword Art Online Hollow Realization and Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris have different internal identification in America, Europe and Japan. But the intermediate called Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet is Western and Japanese.

Most developers use the same internal identifier in America and Europe (Atlus, Square Enix). So far I've only had problems with Bandai and XSEED. On the other hand, the games developed by Nintendo are mostly global, that is, they only have an internal identifier for all regions, at least in the case of the following franchises: Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda.
Its possible to create multiple Nintendo Network accounts for each region. Since the Switch is region free, then I suppose why not. If you want to get games legally from any region, then that's your only option.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Its possible to create multiple Nintendo Network accounts for each region. Since the Switch is region free, then I suppose why not. If you want to get games legally from any region, then that's your only option.
Read again, I did this topic because there are games that have regional blocking. For example, I saw a case where someone bought Rune Factory from a different region and couldn't claim the bonus from the previous game's save files.
Post automatically merged:

Most game have one ID, some games have two different version like Xenoblade 2 for example has two versions.
You're wrong. Most developers make two different identifiers and Xenoblade is global because it is from Nintendo and has a single internal identifier.

Of the games I have bought I put the collection on Dekudeals with their notes

https://www.dekudeals.com/collection/b7v5wv68m5

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read again, I did this topic because there are games that have regional blocking. For example, I saw a case where someone bought Rune Factory from a different region and couldn't claim the bonus from the previous game's save files.

You're wrong. Most developers make two different identifiers and Xenoblade is global because it is from Nintendo and has a single internal identifier.

You should do your research before you look like a fool, there are two different versions of Xenoblade 2 as you can install two different version of Xenoblade 2.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Stop acting like a total dick, but maybe do your research first.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
  • Haha
Reactions: masagrator

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1704853811355.png

1704853866264.png

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You should do your research before you look like a fool, there are two different versions of Xenoblade 2 as you can install two different version of Xenoblade 2.

Stop acting like a total dick and do your research first before even thinking of answering.

You two are talking about something off topic, I didn't talk about different versions. I talked about how the same game can have 4 different internal identifiers, making the save file bonus incompatible.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You two are talking about something off topic, I didn't talk about different versions. I talked about how the same game can have 4 different internal identifiers, making the save file bonus incompatible.

Depends on the game, if you buy Xenoblade 2 from US eshop and use Japanese DLC then obviously it doesn't work, those dlc has it own ID.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Depends on the game, if you buy Xenoblade 2 from US eshop and use Japanese DLC then obviously it doesn't work, those dlc has it own ID.
You are incorrect again, that depends on the internal identification of the game, for example I have my physical American Pokemon Violet and I bought the DLC with my Japanese account and it worked on all my accounts and it is marked as purchased in the American and Japanese store.

On Nintendo Switch the DLCs and Update use the same game ID. You can look at it when you back up games with a hacked Switch or download pirated games. For Example Pokemon Violet Game is [01008F6008C5E800][v0] and Pokemon Violet Update 3.0.0 is [01008F6008C5E800][v655360]

• Haha
Reactions: masagrator

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are incorrect again, that depends on the internal identification of the game, for example I have my physical American Pokemon Violet and I bought the DLC with my Japanese account and it worked on all my accounts and it is marked as purchased in the American and Japanese store.

On Nintendo Switch the DLCs and Update use the same game ID. You can look at it when you back up games with a hacked Switch or download pirated games.

That is because pokemon is global release, you would know if it the same title ID if you bought the game from one region digitally and it prevent you from buying the same game from a different region. You can buy Xenoblade 2 from US eshop and still be able to buy Xenoblade 2 from Japanese eshop even though you owned the game already.

"For Example Pokemon Violet Game is [01008F6008C5E800][v0] and Pokemon Violet Update 3.0.0 is [01008F6008C5E800][v655360]"

01008F6008C5E800 is the title ID, the v0 and v655360 is for different game update.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Not sure if this will help or not, but I use this program on PC to check integredity of my games I download before installing to Switch. But it also shows the languages the game title uses. https://github.com/Myster-Tee/NxFileViewer/releases/
View attachment 413027

I'm not just referring to digital versions, I'm referring to a way to check if the game is global, Western, or different in all regions. I repeat it again, someone bought the physical Rune Factory 4 Special for Switch in America, but when they bought the European Rune Factory 3, the save file bonus did not work because the American version of Rune Factory 3 has a different internal identifier than the version. European

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not just referring to digital versions, I'm referring to a way to check if the game is global, Western, or different in all regions. I repeat it again, someone bought the physical Rune Factory 4 Special for Switch in America, but when they bought the European Rune Factory 3, the save file bonus did not work because the American version of Rune Factory 3 has a different internal identifier than the version. European

If you looks at the cartridge you would know what region it is from it says on it. It seem like Rune factory have it own region since for Rune Factory 3 it has European, Japanese and Asia region.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you looks at the cartridge you would know what region it is from it says on it. It seem like Rune factory have it own region since for Rune Factory 3 it has European, Japanese and Asia region.
That's what I was referring to on Switch, it is much more difficult to distinguish than in the 3DS era. Could it even be possible with the BoxArt to have part of the cartridge code on the back?

XSEED/Marvelous & Bandai is an undecided developer, you can check the games I have purchased and listed on Dekudeals to let people know which regions they belong.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was referring to on Switch, it is much more difficult to distinguish than in the 3DS era. Could it even be possible with the BoxArt to have part of the cartridge code on the back?

XSEED/Marvelous & Bandai is an undecided developer, you can check the games I have purchased and listed on Dekudeals to let people know which regions they belong.

You have to look at the box, like for Rune Factory 5 there are three different versions.

1704856543491.png

Reactions: BigOnYa

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You have to look at the box, like for Rune Factory 5 there are three different versions.

View attachment 413030

The design of the Box Art does not influence anything, for example the Box Art of Pokemon comes in all languages and is a global game. The influential thing is that part of the cartridge code is on the back of the BoxArt, normally above the bar code.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The design of the Box Art does not influence anything, for example the Box Art of Pokemon comes in all languages and is a global game. The influential thing is that part of the cartridge code is on the back of the BoxArt, normally above the bar code.

Well for Rune Factory it does, for pokemon it doesn't. For Rune factory 3 it has different title id for different region.

Screenshot_20240109_222613_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240109_222606_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240109_222559_Chrome.jpg

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well for Rune Factory it does, for pokemon it doesn't. For Rune factory 3 it has different title id for different region.

View attachment 413031
View attachment 413032View attachment 413033
Correct, Persona 5 Royal has two internal identifiers, one for the West (America and Europe) and another for Japan.
Same with Dragon Quest XI S, I had downloaded the Free DLC from the American store before buying the game and I bought the game in the European store on sale.

I repeat it again in my collection of games that I listed on DekuDeals, the games are noted mentioning their compatibility between regions

PDs:Another Code Recollection is global, it will only have an internal identifier in all regions, since when I downloaded the demo it was only downloaded 1 time out of 3 times tried

Deleted member 678442

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That is because pokemon is global release, you would know if it the same title ID if you bought the game from one region digitally and it prevent you from buying the same game from a different region. You can buy Xenoblade 2 from US eshop and still be able to buy Xenoblade 2 from Japanese eshop even though you owned the game already.

"For Example Pokemon Violet Game is [01008F6008C5E800][v0] and Pokemon Violet Update 3.0.0 is [01008F6008C5E800][v655360]"

01008F6008C5E800 is the title ID, the v0 and v655360 is for different game update.
I hate to be that guy, but ACKTUALLY, the base game title id is 01008F6008C5E000, the 0x800 bit is a flag that it’s an update, likewise the 0x1000 bit is a flag for dlc content

And, I recommend checking gameTDB for different versions of the game. All internal ids are shown for each version, but since the site relies on community efforts information on new titles may be inaccurate.

Last edited by Deleted member 678442,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?