How to get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies DLC to work?

Nynrah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got the European version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies installed on my 3DS. After finishing the game's fifth episode I expected the DLC episode to show up, but it didn't. FBI shows the following info:

BASE GAME
Title ID: 00040000000F1E00
Version 0 (0.0.0)
Product Code: CTR-N-AGKP
Region: Region Free

DLC
Title ID: 0004008C000F1E00
Version 32 (0.2.0)
Product Code: CTR-M-AGKP-00
Region: Europe, Australia

The regions should match according to the title IDs, despite the base game reading Region Free. I've also tried to use luma locale emulation and set it to Europe that way. This helped me in the past with Shin Megami Tensei IV, but no luck this time.

From looking up the issue I understand more people have trouble with getting the Ace Attorney DLC to show up. For one guy the solution was to find two CIAs with the American region, but I'd prefer to stick with the European version if possible.

Does someone know how to get the DLC to work?

Update:
After checking it to be sure, I noticed what seems to be the same issue for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice on my system. I didn't finish this game yet, but I played it until I could save and the Extras and DLC menu became accessable. From what I understand it should be possible to at least change costumes (should be the same as with Dual Destinies), but no sign of any DLC. The main difference here is that both the DLC and base game are for the Europe region. Not just identical title IDs and a Region Free base game, but both have 'Europe, Australia' as region when I check with FBI.

I'm now starting to believe that the DLC for these Ace Attorney games are somehow different from your average DLC and that it's not about region at all (shouldn't be the case anyway, given the matching title IDs...).

Last edited by Nynrah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto