Translation Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - [Portuguese-Brazilian Translation]

willbroficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a PT-BR translation mod for the Nintendo Switch version of the game Phoneix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy made by me. The translation is based on the incredible PC translation made by the Jacutem Sabão team.

How to apply the patch to the Nintendo Switch version:

YUZU:
1 - Make sure you have the most updated version of the Nintendo Switch version.
2 - Simply open the .rar file and drag the first folder to the mod location of your game on YUZU.
3 - Now just run the game and have fun!!

SWITCH-MODCHIP:
1 - Have the most updated version of the Nintendo Switch version.
2 - With the Switch connected to the computer, go to the /atmosphere folder of the Switch.
3 - Inside the /atmosphere folder go to the /contents folder.
4 - Now open the .rar file and drag the first folder to this location.
5 - Now just run the game and have fun!!

Translation Status:
- Texts: 100%
- Sounds: 0%

Release Notes:
- v0.3 -> Resolved bug of the GUILTY and NOT GUILTY images. I left it in English because fixing these letters is much more complex.
- v0.4 -> Resolved bug of the check evidence button image which was labeled L but should be A.

Version 0.4 - Download

Attachments

• Imagem do WhatsApp de 2024-02-28 à(s) 17.07.21_71b11309.jpg
    Imagem do WhatsApp de 2024-02-28 à(s) 17.07.21_71b11309.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by willbroficial,
Reactions: DinohScene

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
This is what I was also looking for. I am a very passionate fan of this game and hope to continue localizing this game for Switch. I spent a whole week trying to figure out how to decrypt the text files of this game on Switch but got really stuck. After extracting the game, I got the scenario folder, inside it contains the game's dialogue files. I don't know which tool can read these files.

Last edited by whisky9,

willbroficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@whisky9 Thank you for the replie. I make a way to decrypt .mdt files to json, i use gstools from funkkiy, i got make .mdt files to json and json to .mdt . Follow the guide in the GITHUB -> funkkiy/GSTools and the tools already with executables descompacted in attach file. Where are you from?

Post automatically merged:

1709092582739.png

GREAT!! I make work changing .mdt files like i say y. And I just need know how to transform .unity3d files from pc version for .unity3d files switch version

Attachments

• ToolsForExtraction.zip
    476.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Love
Reactions: whisky9

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
@willbroficial Thank you bro. With your help I managed to decrypt the text file. I'm sorry that I can't help you translate this game into Portuguese because I'm just an Asian guy. I just love this game and want to localize it into my native language. Btw, if you have any tip (or tool) to help transform unity3d from PC to Switch faster, please share with me and everyone here :grog:

willbroficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@whisky9 No problem, since there was already a translation in the steam version in Portuguese-Brazilian, it's just a matter of decrypting the text files.
I'm just not able to get the .unity3d files to work, even after converting them, they simply don't function in the switch version.

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
@whisky9 No problem, since there was already a translation in the steam version in Portuguese-Brazilian, it's just a matter of decrypting the text files.
I'm just not able to get the .unity3d files to work, even after converting them, they simply don't function in the switch version.
Same as me. I tried decrypt some .unity3d files PC version then compare with .unity3d file Switch version, both PC version and Switch version are readable and path ID are identical. But when I copy unity3d PC decypted to Switch, start a new game, I got a black screen.

Last edited by whisky9,

willbroficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@whisky9

Exactly! I did the same, and it gave me a black screen too. We need to know how they modified .unity3d for the Steam version, which will probably be similar to how it was done with the switch

UPDATE: I think i find a way, but is more rough to do it! I decrypt unity3d's files using GSenTools from pc version and with UABEA i open the same unity3d file of pc version and switch version. GUIDE:

In UABEA when opened the pc version go to INFO -> SELECT TEXTURE2D Type FILE -> Plugins -> Export Texture -> PNG exported.

Then in UABEA when opened the steam version of the same file go to INFO -> SELECT TEXTURE2D Type FILE -> Plugins -> Edit Texture -> Select the PNG -> Load -> Then Save -> Close Info -> Save Again -> File -> Compress -> Then choose the same name file. Then DONE!! Just use unity3d in switch again.

I need help now to change the sounds

willbroficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@willbroficial Make sure you drop PC decypted files to the program. This is a standalone program, it can work without install anything. The output is the same location of the input files, with the new name *__modified.
WORKED!! I was doing with the titleu.unity3d and that unity3d don't have the hex codes correctly, but tested with another and worked. Maybe the sound files have a similar solution with hex code?

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
@willbroficial yeah, my program only output if it find the correct hex string to replace; it will output nothing if the input files don't include correct hex string, this mean you don't have to convert these files to Switch.

Reactions: willbroficial

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@willbroficial congratulations on your work of porting this PC translation to the Switch version! I was gonna do the same for this game once I finished the port of Resident Evil 0 and HD remake from PC to Switch haha!

I'm Brazilian too, and it's been like 3 weeks since I started trying to port the translation of RE0 from PC to Switch and I've been facing the exact same issues you were, but with .tex files and .opus files from the Switch version of MT Framework. The PC counterpart of the .tex files don't match with the Switch ones and to make things even worse, the Switch version of the game uses a Nintendo proprietary version of .opus file format.

I'm almost losing my mind to port this translation and I've looked everywhere for a tool that correctly un-swizzle and swizzle back the textures for use on Switch and one that can convert the .ogg sound files from PC into the .opus Nintendo ones. I know it's possible because here's proof: a russian user succesfully ported the PC version of the their translation to the Switch.

Note how even the fandub was ported over and ALL the textures/graphics were as well (you can tell that by seeing the translated "you are dead" sentence).
Do you have any idea on how to work with these files since you're also editing a Capcom game? Oh, needless to say that I tried reaching out with the guy that ported this to Switch on russian discord servers, forums (and even here!) but the guy seems like he's dead or something since last may 😅😅

Last edited by eviltrainer,

willbroficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@willbroficial congratulations on your work of porting this PC translation to the Switch version! I was gonna do the same for this game once I finished the port of Resident Evil 0 and HD remake from PC to Switch haha!

I'm Brazilian too, and it's been like 3 weeks since I started trying to port the translation of RE0 from PC to Switch and I've been facing the exact same issues you were, but with .tex files and .opus files from the Switch version of MT Framework. The PC counterpart of the .tex files don't match with the Switch ones and to make things even worse, the Switch version of the game uses a Nintendo proprietary version of .opus file format.

I'm almost losing my mind to port this translation and I've looked everywhere for a tool that correctly un-swizzle and swizzle back the textures for use on Switch and one that can convert the .ogg sound files from PC into the .opus Nintendo ones. I know it's possible because here's proof: a russian user succesfully ported the PC version of the their translation to the Switch.

Note how even the fandub was ported over and ALL the textures/graphics were as well (you can tell that by seeing the translated "you are dead" sentence).
Do you have any idea on how to work with these files since you're also editing a Capcom game? Oh, needless to say that I tried reaching out with the guy that ported this to Switch on russian discord servers, forums (and even here!) but the guy seems like he's dead or something since last may 😅😅

Unfortunately I can't help you, I know that the game is from the same company but I only managed it because the files for this game on the Switch and on the PC were extremely similar and it was made in unity.

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah
Unfortunately I can't help you, I know that the game is from the same company but I only managed it because the files for this game on the Switch and on the PC were extremely similar and it was made in unity.
Yeah, I thought so. I managed to port the Panzer Dragoon PC translation over to the Switch with a few hiccups here and there and even managed to translate more than what the original translator could on PC! UABEA, AssesStudio and AssetBundleExtractor are such lifesavers!

Reactions: willbroficial

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto