Strange Luma issue with pirated DLC

possumeaterofficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the game Project X Zone 2 only hours ago and tried opening it but sadly it sends me to a luma error screen after opening.
After some research I thought it was because of the DLC which I'd downloaded before the point in the game when DLC was accessible, so I tried deleting it but it actually removed the whole game... oops. Weird. However, in an attempt to test another piece of DLC which I'd gotten for the game Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, I found the same error. My camera isn't working right now but the error said:

An exception occurred
Processor: Arm11 (core 1)
Exception type: undefined instruction
Current process: loader (0000000000000000)

Can anyone tell me what this means?
Another bit of info: All the games I have DLC for show up twice in my FBI Titles menu. Once where the version is shown as normal, and once where the version is displayed as "Version: 0 (0.0.0)". This occurs for the 2 games mentioned above, as well as Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, however Dual Destinies doesn't crash at all and sends me to the main menu as usual. It seems that I need to finish the first case to buy the DLC, but Spirit Of Justice has the exact same requirement yet one crashes and the other doesn't which leads me to believe the issue is something else.

Does anyone know what this could be, and if so, how to properly delete the DLC so I don't have to download all my games again?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the game Project X Zone 2 only hours ago and tried opening it but sadly it sends me to a luma error screen after opening.
After some research I thought it was because of the DLC which I'd downloaded before the point in the game when DLC was accessible, so I tried deleting it but it actually removed the whole game... oops. Weird. However, in an attempt to test another piece of DLC which I'd gotten for the game Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, I found the same error. My camera isn't working right now but the error said:

An exception occurred
Processor: Arm11 (core 1)
Exception type: undefined instruction
Current process: loader (0000000000000000)

Can anyone tell me what this means?
Another bit of info: All the games I have DLC for show up twice in my FBI Titles menu. Once where the version is shown as normal, and once where the version is displayed as "Version: 0 (0.0.0)". This occurs for the 2 games mentioned above, as well as Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, however Dual Destinies doesn't crash at all and sends me to the main menu as usual. It seems that I need to finish the first case to buy the DLC, but Spirit Of Justice has the exact same requirement yet one crashes and the other doesn't which leads me to believe the issue is something else.

Does anyone know what this could be, and if so, how to properly delete the DLC so I don't have to download all my games again?
Try importing seed in fbi, go to "titles" and search for the game then click "import seed".
Dlc is for the same region as the installed game?
Also, make sure to install the game update too if it has any, also same region as the game.
- And if the game is not from the same region as your 3ds, run Luma Locale Switcher (and make sure you have "Game Patching" enabled in Luma3ds Menu)..

Reactions: possumeaterofficial

possumeaterofficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try importing seed in fbi, go to "titles" and search for the game then click "import seed".
Dlc is for the same region as the installed game?
Also, make sure to install the game update too if it has any, also same region as the game.
- And if the game is not from the same region as your 3ds, run Luma Locale Switcher (and make sure you have "Game Patching" enabled in Luma3ds Menu)..
alright, i'll try this out. the region was the same but i hadn't gotten any updates.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also try uninstalling the dlc to see if the game works fine without it. If it does, the dlc either needs an update to work or it's corrupt somehow (corrupt cia)..

possumeaterofficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also try uninstalling the dlc to see if the game works fine without it. If it does, the dlc either needs an update to work or it's corrupt somehow (corrupt cia)..
in that case would i delete the file labeled as version 0?
Post automatically merged:

interestingly, the game wouldn't open even after deleting the DLC. guess it's an issue with the games themselves. weird, since i found them on hshop which i hear is the most reliable place for those.

Last edited by possumeaterofficial,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in that case would i delete the file labeled as version 0?
It shows up as "ver.0" in fbi?
interestingly, the game wouldn't open even after deleting the DLC. guess it's an issue with the games themselves.
Have you tried any of the suggestions above?
If the game is not for the same region as the 3ds, it could give you that error, that's why you need to run Luma Locale Switcher for it.
And yes, you could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again (download it from a different source preferably), if none of the solutions didn't work.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, dlc and game will show separately in fbi, same as update. Dlc is 0004000c and games are 00040000 while update is 0004000e from what I remember. 0.00 is probably correct for those, dlc. I know that's how it is with the ps4, since neither is confined to firmware, but the updates will be, for using most dlc.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Iirc, dlc and game will show separately in fbi, same as update. Dlc is 0004000c and games are 00040000 while update is 0004000e from what I remember. 0.00 is probably correct for those, dlc. I know that's how it is with the ps4, since neither is confined to firmware, but the updates will be, for using most dlc.
Games, updates, and DLC are in fact separate titles, yes. If it's crashing, it's likely a corrupt installation: the only difference between a pirated and "legit" installed game is the DRM, which is handled entirely by the OS (or patched out by Luma).
Post automatically merged:

weird, since i found them on ***** which i hear is the most reliable place for those.
I believe outright stating what these sites are called is against forum rules. Might get people into trouble with nintendo ninjas, you understand.

That said, I didn't know about that site. Just grabbed the app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro