DLC issue with CFW console

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its NA. What problem exactly you had on Switch?

Its was not exactly a problem but i just didn't want to go online with my modded system, Switch is more easily to get banned than a 3DS if you install games illegitimately as .nsp (equivalent to installing a .cia game on the 3DS).

So i just used a save from someone else who had the DLC already downloaded and restored on my own Switch, it just worked. Since the 3DS MH games DLCs works the same way it's possible it will work as well.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i just used a save from someone else who had the DLC already downloaded and restored on my own Switch, it just worked. Since the 3DS MH games DLCs works the same way it's possible it will work as well.
But DLC cant (or can?) be fully stored in save files, I mean all textures and stuff.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But DLC cant (or can?) be fully stored in save files, I mean all textures and stuff.

All that stuff is already in the base game files, some added via updates in japan but others are already in the base game when it later got localized to the west.

This is not new by the way, In a lot of games DLCs are pretty much just glorified unlockers, you just download very small files (sometimes less than a 1MB) that unlocks stuff that is already in the game files.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have found DLC files on reddit. It is archive with folder "User" in this folder there are files like quest1 quest2 quest3, cardbox, etc., I have put them directly to location 00001263/00000000/user (I created "user" folder because I didnt had it before this). Nut when In game it says "No downloaded quests found". Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have found DLC files on reddit.
I don't know what you think you found, but all files in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder are encrypted and it is generally impossible to download arbitrary files from somewhere, stuff them in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, and expect them to work.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
all files in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder are encrypted
Thanks for explaining. Instruction with those files said "right click on MH4U and select "open extra data location", Extract the zip file and replace the archives", meaning it was files for Citra. Feeling dumb right now, I have no idea how to make it work on actual 3DS

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might be able to dump the game's extdata with Checkpoint, copy the files to the exported Checkpoint data, and then re-import the data in Checkpoint.
Thanks alot bro, it worked ! I knew about Checkpoint method, my mistake was that I didnt notice you have to press X in Checkpoint to backup extra data instead of save data.
Now when I choose DLC menu in game it says:
Downloaded Quests found on SD card: 102
Downloaded Episodic Quests found on SD card: 6
Downloaded Palicoes on SD card: 9

After that error 090-2416 pops up. So it still a mystery why it wont let me access DLC menu, but at least I got DLC's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1