Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy gets release date

You can soon re-experience the latter three titles in the Ace Attorney series, or play them for the first time, as Capcom is releasing the Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy early next year. Collecting Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice. All three titles were last made available on mobile, and prior to that, Nintendo 3DS, with this collection bringing them all to modern platforms. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy will release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam, on January 25, 2024.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did play one of the early Ace Attorney titles, but didn't go far. BTW, does anyone know why Dual Destinies is rated M? I've hesitated to get it in times past because of that rating, but I don't know if it's the ESRB overreacting or if it's, like, gratuitous violence or whatever.

Reactions: Hmed

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did play one of the early Ace Attorney titles, but didn't go far. BTW, does anyone know why Dual Destinies is rated M? I've hesitated to get it in times past because of that rating, but I don't know if it's the ESRB overreacting or if it's, like, gratuitous violence or whatever.

That game is very bad, the original minus the filler content is very good, just play 1-3.

Reactions: Hmed

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh, there's a Spirit of Justice prologue?

I spent too much money on the 3DS versions already. I wonder if they'll still include the non-playable "Asinine Attorney" side stories? Those were apparently missing from the Android/iOS versions too.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Without going into spoiler details, based on what I remember from when I played it about 10 years ago, it goes into detail about severe suppressed childhood trauma of one of the characters from when they were a kid and discovered a body. Like any Ace Attorney game there will be blood and implied violence, but definitely not gratuitous violence.

I can understand why it might be rated M, because it is quite shocking and maybe they were worried it might reveal suppressed traumas of players or something. Saying that, M seems a bit extreme.

For the record, if you go back to the series I highly recommend The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles as the best in the series. It also doesn't require you to know any other game in the series at all as it takes place mostly in Victorian era Britain.

Last edited by Graxer,

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It has a bit more of blood than previous games, and the plot gets darker at some points.
Nothing really excessive, but enough to rise one step the ranking (in Europe it went from 12+ to 16+)

what-accounts-for-an-m-rating-in-dual-destinies.large.jpg

images

This series, and Trauma Center, were the very first DS games I ever played in my life. I can't wait for this.

PLEASE GIVE US TRAUMA CENTER.
It makes me happy see I'm not the only guy who is fond of Trauma Center. Probably my favorite DS game of all.
A pity the low sales killed the saga...

Last edited by Desconocido90,
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes me happy see I'm not the only guy who is fond of Trauma Center. Probably my favorite DS game of all.
A pity the low sales kill it...
I specifically bought one of those fat pen-style stylii specifically for those games so I could dual-wield.

Still amazes me that they never made a sequel or a reboot for the 3DS.

Reactions: Desconocido90

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope we eventually get to see the Edgeworth games on other platforms. Would love to replay those.
And to have the second game officially translated. Not that the fan translation was bad in any way, shape or form but I suppose it would be interesting to see their take on wordplay and to show Capcom that the franchise is still alive and kicking

Reactions: Scarlet

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do like how this is more faithful to the original games than the HD Trilogy was to the first three games - the menus seem to keep their original style, instead of being replaced by blue borders, and the sprites/models don't look oddly shiny either.

So for the first three, I'll stick to the 3DS Trilogy collection; for the next three, definitely getting it on Steam (...and I've already played them on 3DS as well).

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
The Ace Attorney trilogy for PS4 were the first three games I played after being sworn in as a lawyer. I've yet to encounter a real life case quite as interesting as any of them.

I need to think of an future life event that would warrant me playing the Apollo Justice trilogy.

Reactions: Scarlet

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i wanna play them bc my 3ds is broken so i cant play the 3ds games
Post automatically merged:

and i want them to be in spanish bc for some reason ace attorney games havent been in spanish since apollo justice

Last edited by Xdqwerty,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto