1. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

I think it still gets worked on slowly not just by Niuus but I'm sure emukidid is working on Opengl from a tweet a long time ago not sure if he's still working on it though
    https://twitter.com/emu_kidid/status/950922865376821248?s=19

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

depaul likes this.
  2. 900dollarydoos

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey everyone, I'm having trouble getting this working and was hoping for some advice.

I've placed SCHP1001.BIN in sd/wiisxrx/bios/, I launch via the forwarder (installed to NAND, does this matter?), I'll select my iso (I'm got a few different isos of Silent Hill I've tried it with), then I go to settings and try to set the bios to SD, but I keep getting a "BIOS not found on SD" notification.

Also, do I need to manually launch c2w before opening, or is that not actually necessary to run?

3. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

Make sure SCHP1001.Bin is in bios folder make sure turn on boot through bios is enabled and save settings also run Sign_C2W_Patcher if you want better performance out of it

4. 900dollarydoos

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'm unable to get to the save settings stage as I can't move past setting BIOS to SD. I'm sure I have SCHP1001.BIN in the right location - sdroot/wiisxrx/bios/SCPH1001.BIN, yet it doesn't seem to find it.

5. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    I do know about WiiSX and his GX efforts, i have always admired his work, ever since he was a resident coder of another defunct webpage that was kind of a 'competition' to GBATemp, named TehSkeen, in which i also participated for many years, Swiss-GC didn't even exist! He is the only one from the original team continuing the emulator that i know of, and of course i know about his current public coding endeavors.

I read your tweet over there and, based on my experience of 20 years+ seeing the homebrew scene in general evolve and change, if there is one thing in common most devs hate the most, is people asking over and over if x y z software is going to release, or when. It tends to attract the attention from the so-called emulator/ROM beggars. Just my two cents.

That's the kind of help that really makes things move forward!

Last edited by niuus, Sep 15, 2020
    Valken and depaul like this.
  6. GustavoReis

GustavoReis Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    My tests
    Games worked:

2xtreme
    Army men - land, sea and Air
    Bomberman World
    Crash Bandicoot 2
    Demolition Racer
    Destruction Derby Raw
    Driver 2 (modified iso)
    Einhander
    Final Fantasy 7
    Gran Turismo
    Grand Theft Auto
    Grand Theft Auto 2
    Sheep Raider
    Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    Moto Racer
    Nascar Rumble
    Nascar racing
    Need for Speed II
    Need for Speed High Stakes
    Project Overkill
    Ridge Racer Type 4
    Rally Cross
    Return fire
    Road rash 1995
    Soul blade
    Tekken 3
    Time crisis
    Twisted metal 1, 2, 3 and 4
    Warcraft 2

Games issues:

Blast chamber - game worked, controls not respond.
    Delta force urban warfire - miss lighting
    Destruction derby - dont boot
    Destruction derby 2 - destruction arena work, racers freeze.
    Driver - choose "try again" and emulator freeze
    Power Rangers light speed rescue - crash

7. wwhtvd

wwhtvd Newbie
    Newcomer

Any way to get 4:3 or full 16:9 on Wii U? My screen has black borders on the side. Original 4:3 resolution would be nice

8. xunga

xunga Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    With Driver 2 (modified iso) I suppose you are referring to the one in which the two discs of the Spanish version were joined and the FMV videos that prevented playing the game were removed:

Add also the Stuntmaster (NTSC USA version without FMV) by the same author:

GustavoReis likes this.
  9. GustavoReis

GustavoReis Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Yes ^_^

10. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    Cool. There should be a good deal of games that when stripped of the FMVs (which cause them to crash), will run, like Final Fantasy IX, which i previously mentioned.

11. mario75

mario75 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    have remove my fmv in my ff9 game my game wont boot dont understand could you help me please (sorry if is not clear enoug im not english person) my other normal iso whit fmv crash at the intro i have bios ect

Last edited by mario75, Sep 18, 2020
  12. armaldodo

armaldodo Member
    Newcomer

Peru
    I understood his comment as that final fantay 9 is not working when stripped the FMV.

13. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    @niuus I don't think you've made any changes, but I thought that you should know that the leaked version of Biohazard (1996-01-31) gets a little further now as you can see the character select screen, but neither of the characters are displayed.

Last edited by blackb0x, Sep 20, 2020 - Reason: Fixed cue issue. It was due to name length
  14. Ripster

Ripster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Sweden
    Does all discs of Final Fantasy VII work now? I remember that the game crashes at the first fight.

Btw; Theme Hospital and Actua Golf works fine aswell! There are some voice glitches tho in Theme Hospital. Thats unfortunately because the dialogues are funny.

15. SkurtSkurt

SkurtSkurt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @niuus are you able to test the wii version of the forwarder with convert2vwii and test it on vwii?

16. usmagen

usmagen GBAtemp Regular

@niuus Working great till I ran into a problem. When I loaded my game today no saves were found, either on the in game memory card saves or the save states. When I load a save state it boots back to BIOS, and no save data were found on the memory cards. But I can see save files on the folders when I put the SD card on my PC. Any thoughts?

17. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hey this is probably something requested before, but if it hasn't could you possibly make a config or custom build of WiiSXrx that automatically boots into a specific game? I ask because if this were possible, we could create Virtual Console like channels for individual PlayStation games to launch directly from the Wii U menu into our favorite PS1 games as if the Wii U is organically handling it, you know? Obviously, hitting home would bring up the WiiSXrx menu, but still, to go straight from the Wii U menu to our favorite PS1 games would be amazing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love this.

18. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

Wii U has 300 slot limit you would be just wasting them specially when the emu can be launched from the homescreen and even if that said you could do you would need to make custom icons and banners very individual game

19. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes I'm well aware of the limit, I'm right up there, but if I want to delete a title or 2 so I can quickly launch into a favorite PS1 game or 2, I'd still love that. Specifically I'd love to make a Symphony of the Night "VC" channel to place next to my other favorite Castlevania games I already have on my Wii U menu. And yes I can easily make my own icons and banners for injected VC games, I've already done plenty of that, and am certainly willing to do more.

20. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiSX,