Homebrew PS1/2 Emulator Project WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
which is the best version?

IMG_20231214_220853.jpg

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Wiistation?
He said best build of WiiSX xD

which is the best version?

View attachment 408812
The best is grabbing the normal one ("WiiSX").
But if you want a little more performance, you could get the Unai build ("WiiSX_Unai"), but it's still in beta and in active progress.
I don't recommend using WiiSX_GX by now cause it tends to cause crashes and the GX handling for the PS1 graphics isn't well finished, and could cause even more Wii crashes, avoid the GX builds for now.

emu_kidid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gc-forever.com
XP
Country
Australia
Added some 4 player support. If more than 2 controllers are connected then it'll act as if a multitap is in port 1.

Also, I'd recommend using unai for all, it's far more performant. I'll sync with upstream shortly as well.

Build here: https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions/runs/7258393994
K755bMiJ5JMS.png

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Added some 4 player support. If more than 2 controllers are connected then it'll act as if a multitap is in port 1.

Also, I'd recommend using unai for all, it's far more performant. I'll sync with upstream shortly as well.

View attachment 409443
Thanks for Multitap support on WiiSX, but could you add also an option for select in which port should the Multitap be connected? Not all PS1 Multitap games uses Port 1 for the Multitap (ex., S.C.A.R.S. wants Multitap to be on Port 2, and a few games such Bomberman Party Edition can have connected two Multitaps)

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The work on this emulator is truly amazing! I would love to see it on the Wii U. Is there a way to get some support for the Wii U?
Is there anything I can do to help (sorry no programmer)?

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how well this runs on GameCube, the Wii has no trouble playing almost all games at full speed so I bet the GameCube can run quite a bit of games at full speed.
Post automatically merged:

I know the GX hardware renderer is broken but just for fun I decided to try it with 3 games, Pepsiman, Cybersled and Psychic Force 2. The added resolution really looks incredible even if the textures are incorrectly colored and glitchy, it's going to look insane when it's properly functional! A 2x bump in resolution is the perfect sweetspot where PSX games look nice and sharp but still obscures some of the PSX rendering limitations like jittering polygons and seams in geometry.

Last edited by Disorarara,

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ SaulFabre Can I make a forwarder for the Wii U side for WiiSX using Teconmoon WiiVC injector?
If so, is there anything I need to take into account before doing this (like a specific title id#)?
I know the gamepad isn't supported, but a forwarder for the Wii U would be nice (just like NOT64, maybe even with overclock).
I really want to contribute to this great project and I will share the forwarder here (if I can get it to work).
Post automatically merged:

I have made a forwarder for the Wii U of WiiSX, I have tested it and it works great!
Please find it attached.
The attachment is too big to attach, but it can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Shifty187/WiiSX-forwarder

It will ask you to use the gamepad, even if it is not supported yet (but who knows in the future ;-)), just like the forwarder for NOT64.
I can use my Wii U Pro Controllers in the emulator, which is great imo (so the wiimotes are not needed this way).

Thank you for your hard work emu_kidid and SaulFabre!! I have tested the Unai build with multitap support and I am finally able to play FIFA 99 and This is Football 2 with 3 friends at the same time B-)

Destruction Derby Raw booted but after the first screen it dumped me out of the game, back to the main menu of the Wii U.
Will test some more later on.

Last edited by L0w,

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did some more testing today:

Twisted Metal 3 and 4 both run very good, even with 4 players, something which I didn't get to work in WiiStation.
Sydney 2000 works perfectly, but needs to boot through the BIOS (via SD) or you'll get a DSI error.
NHL 2000 works with 4 players as well, which I did not get to work in WiiStation as well.
Destruction Derby Raw also works if you boot it through the BIOS.

Man, @ emu_kidid did a fantastich job imo.
I don't understand why this emulator doesn't get the attention that it should get, as it is very very good and maybe even better than WiiStation.
I would love to see Wii U Gamepad support though ;-)
Thanks again for the hard work!

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Twisted Metal 3 and 4 both run very good, even with 4 players, something which I didn't get to work in WiiStation.
Sydney 2000 works perfectly, but needs to boot through the BIOS (via SD) or you'll get a DSI error.
NHL 2000 works with 4 players as well, which I did not get to work in WiiStation as well.

I don't understand why this emulator doesn't get the attention that it should get, as it is very very good and maybe even better than WiiStation.

Although compatibility and performance is better, it is not given the same attention because it has not been updated for years, and it is only recently that the authors have taken up the activity again.

Even so, the user experience is much worse than Wiistation. In the first versions of this WISX beta 4 you could not change discs (now corrected) and it still does not let you freely configure your controls, the emulator forces you to always use the default settings. However in Wiistation you can change the controls to your liking and choose which slot will be the one that loads when you start the emulator without problems, you have fast forward function, you can force PAL games to NTSC 60fps (which is a marvel and works great in the latest version released by @Jokippo, which is the one I currently use). You can enable/disable the bilinear filter among others to leave it to your liking. Now also @xjsxjs197 has implemented SBI compatibility to play protected PAL games. That is to say, many improvements suggested by users that make the experience with the emulator much more pleasant.

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
Is there any way to change the IOS that WiiSX uses? I know it uses IOS58 but I would like to change it to for example IOS252 (a cIOS using IOS58 as base) so I can use FAKEMOTE with the emulators (WiiSX, Not64 etc...)

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to change the IOS that WiiSX uses? I know it uses IOS58 but I would like to change it to for example IOS252 (a cIOS using IOS58 as base) so I can use FAKEMOTE with the emulators (WiiSX, Not64 etc...)

if I recall correctly there's a way to do that using arguments in the meta.xml file

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
if I recall correctly there's a way to do that using arguments in the meta.xml file
The IOS change argument isnt supposed to be on USB Loader GX?, not WiiSX :v

However, i think it's possible to change it somewhere in the code.

PS: i've posted a new build of Wii64 with the glN64 fixes from @FIX94 in the thread where you asked for NFL Blitz.

Reactions: Disorarara

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

hello. The Wii as an emulator machine without its capabilities to output native resolutions depending on which emulator does not make much sense because there are much more powerful machines to have better emulation and more emulators. What makes the Wii so good is being able to play at the original resolutions on a CRT TV. If the emulator does not have that option, it could already be the best in the world, which, for example, does not interest me.

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It lacks 240p support, which I think is the selling point of using the Wii as an emulator machine these days.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It lacks 240p support, which I think is the selling point of using the Wii as an emulator machine these days.
WiiSX, last time i checked, it could not run Tekken3 at full speed still because of the lack of ''interleaced'' mode for games rendered at 480i, and overall framerate was still more jittery then Wiistation, which runs Tekken3 at full speed but not perfect framerate yet.

Also not just 240p, but Bilinear Filter Disabling is a huge reason why Wiistation is prefered, even has Anti Flicker and Trap filters.

BoozUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

View attachment 409443
Greetings @emu_kidid I want to congratulate you on your excellent emulator, the Unai engine is brutal, the games have excellent performance, keep improving the emulator more. I want to take this opportunity to ask you to incorporate new functions into the emulator such as: 240p resolution in games for Crt, forcing PAL games to NTSC, and also the interlacing option for Tekken 3 style games, Bloody Roar 2, etc. Thank you very much in advance, take care my friend <3

pcercuei

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
WiiSX, last time i checked, it could not run Tekken3 at full speed still because of the lack of ''interleaced'' mode for games rendered at 480i, and overall framerate was still more jittery then Wiistation, which runs Tekken3 at full speed but not perfect framerate yet.
You say framerate is more jittery in WiiSX than in Wiistation. You have proof for that? Because I'm seeing the opposite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto