Homebrew PS1/2 Emulator Project WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
pcercuei fixed this in lightrec in this commit.

I've rebuilt WiiSX here for you to try: https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions/runs/5275569942

This latest build of WiiSX as far as I can tell fixes the incorrectly emulated speed in various games! Rival Schools, Street Fighter EX Plus and Ghoul Panic now run at their correct speed and can be marked as fully playable! It also fixed a couple of games that didn't run before but not all of them, Elemental Gearbolt is now working flawlessly, Roll Away still freezes at the first stage and code dumps, I've yet to test other problematic games but so far this is very exciting stuff!

EDIT: a lot of the same crashes that were previously reported seem to still largely occur, although now instead of immediately crashing WiiSX will sometimes just freeze with the music still running before freezing which at least gives you enough time to get into the menu, to recap here are some of the crashes I've experienced so far

Roll Away will crash when loading a new level other than level 1 (works on WiiSX RX 3.3)
Jet Moto 2 will crash when loading any stage (works full speed on WiiSX RX 3.3)
3D fightermaker will crash when loading a stage (works on WiiSX RX 3.3 but at a poor framerate)
Einhander will crash if left on the attract screen demo, unknown if this happens in regular gameplay, would need further testing to verify
2-on-2 open ice challenge will crash before loading the game up (works full speed on WiiSX RX 3.3)
Tetris with cardcaptor sakura will still hang on the very first screen (Only working in WiiSX RX 3.3)
Dance dance revolution (japan) will return to HBC before anything is loaded

There are probably more but these are what I've been able to find and test. This new build of WiiSX also fixes a lot of streaming FMV games which were previously broken on the earlier build of WiiSX so games like Judge Dredd, Area 51 and Policenauts no longer have severe freezing issues and run as they should.

EDIT 2: Sokyuu Gurentai works fine now too, I had said it didn't before. I Just had a bad dump. Remember to check multiple dumps people before reporting anything as not working :D

EDIT 3: Devil Dice suffers from a truly nasty hard crash now unfortunately.

Last edited by Disorarara,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Some more testing - Fighter Maker 3D and Devil Dice will actually run if you use the PAL version but crash on the NTSC versions so thats an interesting find, Devil Dice also has some weird visual anomalies if frame skipping is enabled rendering it unplayable. Duke Nukem 3D has a very strange visual bug in the first level where some textures arent rendered correctly

Reactions: SaulFabre

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Between this wiisx 3.0, WiiSXRX, and wiistation, what do you guys reccommend? I just want good speed and compatability and ideally CDDA audio working. Is there a definitive one to be using these days?

Last edited by seam1,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Between this wiisx 3.0, WiiSXRX, and wiistation, what do you guys? I just want good speed and compatability and ideally CDDA audio working. Is there a definitive one to be using these days?
WiiSXRX 3.3 has the highest compatibility of the old dynarec but it comes at a speed cost, WiiSX 3.0 right now is the fastest and most compatible emulator, Wiistation is more or less the same as WiiSX 3.0 since it's based off the same codebase with as of now minor tweaks but adds auxiliary features you might be interested in like 240p and other language support. All of the aforementioned emulators have CDDA support. I'd say stick with WiiSX 3.0 and try the other emulators if you can't get a game running or there's some extra features you wanna try

Reactions: zfreeman

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have remade the PR because the old one had conflict with latest commits / code.
https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/pull/10

There's an annoying bug on the old WiiSX that there's some code but only works on old HBC, and that doesn't work with latest HBC. This issue also happens when trying to exit to the Wii System Menu.
Refer to latest WiiSXRX code for fix that. https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/pull/9

This could be hard for developers to integrate light gun emulation on a PS1 emulator for Wii like WiiSX(R/RX/WiiStation)...
Hmm darn. I hope lightgun support gets added at some point. Would be great.

Reactions: corrigo

corrigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm darn. I hope lightgun support gets added at some point. Would be great.
I was always wondering why it wasn't available.

We have lightgun support for many emulators on Wii, but not the Playstation.

I don't blame developpers, It is probably easier said than done.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
testing this out i noticed the following issues, figured id post them

return fire - runs great, no music
diehard trilogy - d1 runs great, dh2 has minor grahpic glitches, dh3 has slowdown during explosions
dark forces the weapons and enemies are invisible, missing other grafx as well, not playable
Post automatically merged:

This latest build of WiiSX as far as I can tell fixes the incorrectly emulated speed in various games! Rival Schools, Street Fighter EX Plus and Ghoul Panic now run at their correct speed and can be marked as fully playable! It also fixed a couple of games that didn't run before but not all of them, Elemental Gearbolt is now working flawlessly, Roll Away still freezes at the first stage and code dumps, I've yet to test other problematic games but so far this is very exciting stuff!

EDIT: a lot of the same crashes that were previously reported seem to still largely occur, although now instead of immediately crashing WiiSX will sometimes just freeze with the music still running before freezing which at least gives you enough time to get into the menu, to recap here are some of the crashes I've experienced so far

Roll Away will crash when loading a new level other than level 1 (works on WiiSX RX 3.3)
Jet Moto 2 will crash when loading any stage (works full speed on WiiSX RX 3.3)
3D fightermaker will crash when loading a stage (works on WiiSX RX 3.3 but at a poor framerate)
Einhander will crash if left on the attract screen demo, unknown if this happens in regular gameplay, would need further testing to verify
2-on-2 open ice challenge will crash before loading the game up (works full speed on WiiSX RX 3.3)
Tetris with cardcaptor sakura will still hang on the very first screen (Only working in WiiSX RX 3.3)
Dance dance revolution (japan) will return to HBC before anything is loaded

There are probably more but these are what I've been able to find and test. This new build of WiiSX also fixes a lot of streaming FMV games which were previously broken on the earlier build of WiiSX so games like Judge Dredd, Area 51 and Policenauts no longer have severe freezing issues and run as they should.

EDIT 2: Sokyuu Gurentai works fine now too, I had said it didn't before. I Just had a bad dump. Remember to check multiple dumps people before reporting anything as not working :D

EDIT 3: Devil Dice suffers from a truly nasty hard crash now unfortunately.

Jetmoto 1 crashes when loading any track and with rx 3.3 it loads but then the camera goes crazy making it unplayable
jetmoto 2 crashes when loading any track like you said. and with rx 3.3 the tracks will load and are full speed, but the camera goes crazy like with jet moto 1 making it unplayable unless you use first person view. Did you not experience this issue? Out of all my testing, jet moto 1-2 are the only games ive found that arent playable on any psx emu on wii.
Post automatically merged:

also, why is the volume so low in this version of wiisx? has anyone else noticed that?

Last edited by seam1,

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Big changes

Screenshot_20230819-103226.png

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Big update to WiiSX :)

This release is quite a milestone, we're now using libpsxcore as a whole without modifications as we should've been for years. This means we can now make use of upstream fixes almost immediately. There are also several large performance gains in this version as a result of using unai as the GPU plugin now.

What's Changed​

• libpsxcore properly integrated, no more hacky mess to receive fixes from upstream
  • switch to upstream unai gpu plugin for a performance boost
  • triple buffering
  • switch to cmake

https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/releases/tag/Beta_4.0

Many thanks to pcercuei and emukidid :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto