Homebrew Project [RELEASE] FriishProduce - multiplatform WAD injector

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for posting this. A compatibility chart would be very useful if we all could contribute. I have done hundreds of injects but haven't kept track of which base i used. But now with FriishProduce making simple work of what took much more tedious time, i think a solid legitimate list could be achieved rather quickly. Only question is who could volunteer to maintain the master list?

Yes, somewhere very close.
Oh really?
That's bad for me, was expect to reduce Wii Virtual Console channel's sizes to the real rom size.

I'm too lazy to set up an emuNAND 😂

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear ya. Sometimes there isn't enough time in the day for everything we do, sometimes we have to relax and enjoy a few drinks with time.

When you do set up your emuNAND, you won't regret it.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for posting this. A compatibility chart would be very useful if we all could contribute. I have done hundreds of injects but haven't kept track of which base i used. But now with FriishProduce making simple work of what took much more tedious time, i think a solid legitimate list could be achieved rather quickly. Only question is who could volunteer to maintain the master list?

Through making many injects of the same game using various base wads I've actually discovered that a lot of the virtual console emulations are just mildly iterated versions of the last one, sin and punishment being the most "updated" of the virtual console N64 emulator and super mario 64 being the most primitive. So really there isn't that much need to actually test all the base wads, if a game doesn't work in sin and punishment for example, it won't work on star fox 64, f-zero x, super mario 64 or legend of zelda because they all use more or less the same "base" emulator with differing configurations, whereas mario golf and bomberman hero for example use almost a completely different configuration and is worth trying separately.

It also means there's no actual reason to use the earlier base wads for injections unless there's some niche use case where sound or graphics only seem right using an earlier version, Mace the dark age is a good example of this, being a game that works in many different wads but only sounding correct in a few. So injection compatibility can be quickly expedited by using Mario Golf, Sin and Punishment, and maybe Bomberman Hero or Ogre Battle, I haven't actually checked too much on those last two but I know they have unique enough configurations.

That's just my observation though, maybe somebody else with a lot of knowledge can chime in. I was only able to observe this effect through this tool which makes making many injections of the same game with different base wads dead easy.

EDIT: it's also not really worth trying out games that run full speed and properly on Not64 or WII64, it's really best to stick to games that either don't work at all in those emulators or don't look correct :P

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps a Non-Compatibility list would be more useful and better knowledge. This way we could all share what we have confirmed working and other users could have an idea of what has not been tested or confirmed Not Working.
Post automatically merged:

I'll post what i have personally injected myself and have confirmed in working order. It will be a long list with no confirmed base wad used, but at least others will know the games can be injected.

If/when i run into games not working i will post as well. I have been busy with many other things but have cleared some time to test this update.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: NecroNova

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps a Non-Compatibility list would be more useful and better knowledge. This way we could all share what we have confirmed working and other users could have an idea of what has not been tested or confirmed Not Working.

I'll post what i have personally injected myself and have confirmed in working order. It will be a long list with no confirmed base wad used, but at least others will know the games can be injected.

If/when i run into games not working i will post as well. I have been busy with many other things but have cleared some time to test this update.

This is a good idea, I can confirm that NBA Showtime and NFL Blitz will appear to work on Mario Golf but will crash before rendering any 3D scenes. On other base wads it crashes on the controller screen. Last Legion UX will work on Sin and Punishment and Bomberman Hero with massive graphical glitches, unplayable.

NecroNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id happily volunteer to that kind of project, coming from someone who's also done alot of major testing with Wii/3DS/Wii U Virtual Console Compatibility alike.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
does anyone know if n64 injects will have expansion pak? trying to make an NFL blitz romhack wad
This injector (FriishProduce) supports enabling the N64 Expansion Pak on Wii VC N64 injects, as an option.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can it inject large neo geo games and force the n64 to output 240p and stuff?
1. Currently no, for that we still need to add support for (un)compress the game.bin.z files on newer NeoGeo VC games.
2. No. But i could ask @CatmanFan if he could check how to force 240p output on VC injects and other stuff.

spencer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to inject a NES metroid romhack and it just gave me a black screen when I tried it in Dolphin emulator, but when I inject it with autoinjectuwad the wad does work in Dolphin tho. Any idea why that is?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I just tried to inject a NES metroid romhack and it just gave me a black screen when I tried it in Dolphin emulator, but when I inject it with autoinjectuwad the wad does work in Dolphin tho. Any idea why that is?
What base WAD are you using in FriishProduce? And which base WAD are you using in Auto InjectuWAD?

I suspect because of the different base WADs.

spencer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you tell us what is the name of that romhack of Metroid and the link for that patch or provide it in a .ips file?

So i could try for see if that happens to us too.
Metroid: Rogue Dawn and the patch can be found at metroidconstruction dot com (I don’t have permission to post a link)

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Metroid: Rogue Dawn and the patch can be found at metroidconstruction dot com (I don’t have permission to post a link)
Okay i will test.

@spencer93

Confirmed, it looks like it's a FriishProduce bug? Cause i tried both Metroid: Rogue Dawn and Metroid + Saving and these if injected into Kirby's Adventure (USA) with FriishProduce these refuse to boot.

@spencer93

***EDIT***

I tried injecting the Metroid: Rogue Dawn hack into Kirby's Adventure using Auto InjectuWAD and seems it also crashes on black screen when trying to boot it on Dolphin :/

So i think it's the patch because most of the time, the VC emulators hate injected custom code on the games.

Can you test again injecting that hack with Auto InjectuWAD?

***EDIT 2***

just tested your hack you were trying to inject eariler.

i think your problem is because of your PC, the framework, temporal files interfering with the injection, or something else.
Because guess what?

***DOH!***

I just tried injecting your ROM file u sent me into Kirby's Adventure WAD using FriishProduce, and it works 100%.

Also, i just noticed why it wasn't booting my previous patched ROM. Maybe the internal VC NES emulator didn't like my Metroid ROM taken from No-Intro? cause i tested another rom i took from another collection and it worked just fine.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

After speaking for a while and testing with @spencer93, the problem was when he tried on Dolphin, it had its NAND corrupted.
Refixing the NAND solved this issue.

Also, using a correct ROM file solved this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto